Fan-Fic: Grover On Vacation

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh no! Oh I hope they're okay...

But I've gotta tell you, I got SUCH a kick out of the reference to "those old Wilkins Coffee commercials"...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Oh no! Oh I hope they're okay...
Of course they'll be okay. I think it would be weird if even a fan-written Sesame Street story didn't have a happy ending. And the rest of the main cast has to be involved somehow. It can't just be an all-grover movie.

TogetherAgain said:
But I've gotta tell you, I got SUCH a kick out of the reference to "those old Wilkins Coffee commercials"...
What about some of the other refferences, such as Jons Stone cave, Harveys Kneeslapper of a Comedy Club, The J Moss Field, or the Oz-Jacopson Airport?

Another refference that I don't think anybody caught was the S-37 bus. The next season of Sesame Street is the 37th season, and S starts words like Sesame, Street, and Season.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Didn't catch the S-37, but I did catch the others. How could I forget to mention them? I love them!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
here is chapter 7.

Everybody who was trapped in the cave was trying to figure out what to do to get out.

"I've got an idea", proclaimed the wolf, "I will huff and puff and get us out if here!" so the wolf blew on all stones but his breath just wasn't strong enough to get the stones away from above them.

"I've got a better idea", said Grover, who then started hopping and saying "Wubba wubba wubba wubba...."

"what are you doing?!", asked Fat Blue.

"How is this going to save us?", asked lauren.

"well, it may not save us", said grover, "But it will not hurt us either".

"I've got a better idea", said lauren, who took her walkie talkie out from her belt. "Jon, we have a problem", said lauren to Jon into the walkie talkie. "We are caved in inside the tunnel of your stone cave. Go get help now".

Several minutes later, a construction crew was all there to remove various parts of the cave, but the stones were s big and heavy that they needed better equipment to rescue the tourists in a day. Kermit The Frog came onto the scene in his reporter outfit.

"Hi, ho, Kermit The Frog here, reporting live from Jons Stone Cave in Florida, where sadly a group of tourists got trapped into 34 minutes ago. I am going to talk to the tour guide rhight now". Kermit went to a walkie talkie to talk to Lauren. "Excuse me, this is Kermit The Frog, and I was wondering if I could ask you some questions".

"of course", said Lauren.

"are you all right down there?", asked Kermit.

"Hardly, but we have all brought a meal so we have something to eat tonight...", said Lauren.

At Hoopers Store, Alan, Maria, Grovers Mom, Prarie Dawn, and Cookie Monster were all watching.

"Hey, my son won a tour of that place today. I hope that he wasn't on that tour", said Grovers Mom.

Cokie Monster tried to grab some cookies off a plate, but Alan turned his head from the television set and saw Cookie. "No, Cookie Monster! Not untill you pay", said Alan.

As Lauren was being interviewed, he sudden;y recognised Kermits voice and took the walkie talkie.

"Hey, Froggy baby!", shouted Grover, "Help get us out of here!"

"well, Grover, uh, we are working our best to save you", said Kermit.

"Oh, no!", shouted everyone at Hoopers, "Grover is in trouble", said maria.

"We need to form a rescue team right away", said Grovers Mom.

"That's right, because, uh, when friends are in trouble, it's, uh, friends to the rescue, or... or something", said Alan.

Mr. Snuffleupagus was watching the news inside his cave. "oh, dear", said Snuffy, "maybe I should get out of my cave".

Ernie and Bert were also watching the news.

"This is terrible that Grover is in danger, but at least he is interracting with Kermit again", said Bert.

Ernie nodded, but then asked, "How would you know, bert? Whens the last time you hung out with Kermit, huh? Was it on the subway or..."

"Speak for yourself", said Bert, "How often do you hang out with Kermit?"

"well, whenever I Do De Rubber Duck.... oh, wait, how often do we hang out with Grover?", said Ernie.

The news was wrapping up. "This is Kermit The Frog returning you to your favorite non-news television programs", said Kermit as he ended his reports.

"well, now people are aware of our problem", said Lauren.

"yes, but how long untill they save us?", asked the six year old.

Everybody looked at each other nervously.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Chapter 8.

Right after the news was over, Alan started calling everybody for a meeting. Bob was doing the same, without realizing that Alan was calling for a meeting. Bob and Alan bothr ealized what they were doing when they called each other.

"Hello, bob", said Alan, who was then cut off.

"Alan", said Bob, "I don't have time to chit chat, but we all need to get to the stoop of 123 Sesame Street right away".

"I was about to tell you the same thing", said Alan, "I have already called Mr. Snuffleupagus, Maria, The Count, and Herry".

"oh", said Bob, "that would explain why The Count and Herry both had busy signals".

Eventually, every resident of Sesame Street got together in front of 123 Sesame Street.

"Now", said Grovers Mom, "We have got to figure out a way to rescue Grover".

"right", said Maria, "we need to come up with a plan on how to get transportation, and how tog et there fast".

"I have a new trick that will get us there pronto", said The Amazing Mumford. He waved his wand and said "A La Peanut Butter Sandwhiches!", but all that did was cause it to rain peanut butter sandwhiches from the sky.

"I love it when plans don't work well", said Oscar.

"Now, what are we here for, again?", asked Forgetful Jones.

"I have an idea", said Ernie, "this salesman sold me thirteen tickets for the Super Fast Train. They only cost me thirteen cents. He gave me thirteen tickets so that if I ever forget how much thirteen is, I can just count the tickets".

"Or I can count for you", said the count, who started to count the tickets.

"This is a good idea", said Gordon.

"yeah", said Big Bird, "the super fast train can get us from here to florida faster than an average air plane".

"Now we'll just have to figure out which thirteen of us should go", said Susan.

"well, since I am Grovers Mother, I should be able to go, and since Ernie bought the tickets than it is only fair that he goes", said Grovers mom.

"well, If I am going, then bert has to go", said Ernie.

"Thanks, Ernie", said Bert.

"i'll go, since I didn't go looking for Big Bird or Elmo when they were in trouble", said Bob.

"I'll go too", said Gina.

"Me and Cookie need to go", said Herry.

"I should go, too", said Mumford, "I can give them food with my magic".

"I'll go because those people are in such danger", said Oscar.

"Sully and I will go", said Biff.

"I need to go as well", said Big Bird, "I've always wanted to visit Florida".

"Since Elmo has to do a good deed, Elmo will stay out of this adventure for once", said Elmo.

"yeah, besides furry red monster, our current non-hardcore fan target audience, and possibly that Kevin guy, who's really going to care?", asked Bob.

"well", said Bert, "they might care if Proffessor Hastings and Sam The Robot don't come", said Bert.

"yeah, why don't you just go play with Scrappy Doo and Oliver Brady?", said Oscar.

"I'll go, too", said Hoots The Owl.

So they went to the super fast train, waiting to go to florida and try to rescue Grover and the other tourists as soon as possible. When they were getting in line, Ernie saw Lefty.

"oh, thanks again for the tickets", shouted Ernie, who got a loud "SHHH!" from Lefty.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Love love love love love the dialogue between Ernie and Bert in chapter seven! And I like how Elmo decided not to go, that was kinda funny. And I love the Ernie/Lefty thing!

And now let's see them all get down to Florida and save Grover!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I am not sure if you all are aware of this, but out of the group that is with Grover in the cave, only lauren the tour guide and the old man are supposed to be human. The rest are supposed to be muppets. I mentioned already that the mother is supposed to look like a female version of Guy Smiley, but her son is supposed to be the pink anything muppet with hair similar to guy smileys.

If you would like to picture specific actors playing the tour guide and old man, then I would suggest that you picture either Norah Jones or Mila Kunis (Jackie from That '70s Show) as Lauren (I know that I mentioned her being 112 pounds and having green eyes, but I don't know if this is true for either of those celebrities), and either Woody Allen (if he is still alive) or Mel Brookes as the old man.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 9.

Everybody was taking their seats on the train. Their friends who weren't going were waving good bye. Bruno and Grungetta were waving at Oscar. Snuffy was waving his snuffle at Big Bird. Sherlock Hemlock, Betty Lou, Zoe, baby Bear, Susan, Gordon, and everybody else was waving as well. The Count was counting everybody that was waving.

They took their seats. The train conductor came on board.

"Good evening and welcome to the Super Fast Train", said the conductor, "I am your train conductor, Mr. Nooper.."

"Oh, hello, Mr. Hooper", said Big Bird.

"it's Nooper, Nooper!', said mr. Nooper.

"sorry", said Big Bird.

"now, this train is so fast that we will get to Florida within 43 minutes. meals are on the house", said the conductor.

"oh, boy!", said Cookie Monster, who then proceeded to get on top of the train.

"Cookie!", said Bob, "He didn't mean that literally. He just meant... free food".

"oh, that even better!", shouted Cookie Monster, who rushed for the cookies.

"This is goign to be some train ride", said Gina.

The train started to move. The train was fast, but not so fast that people were being pushed to their seats by gravity.

"now, what should we do to pass the time?", asked Ernie.

"well, I didn't bring by paper clips or bottle caps, but I ddi bring soem coloring books", said bert.

"wow! What kind of coloring books are they?", asked herry.

"I want to color", said Big Bird.

"I brought a paper clip coloring book, a bottle cap coloring book, and a pigeon coloring book", said Bert.

"Well, even if this trip is boring, we'll still be rescuing Grover, right, Sully?", Biff said to Sully, who nodded his head.

back in the cave, everybody was getting to know each other better, and they started to learn about things that they have in common. For example, they all wanted to get out of the cave.

"If I never get out", said Grover as he sniffed, "I might never see my mommy or my friends again".

"I know how you feel", said lauren, "My parents moved to new jersey six years ago. I was already living on my own and working here, so I didn't move with them. I haven't seen them since my birthday, five months ago".

"I have lost most of my family by now", said the old man. "I lost my mom 12 years ago, my dad 9 years ago, and my wife 2 years ago. All I have left are my son, daughter in law, and three grandchildren".

"I guess we all miss our families and friends", said the wolf, "although I don't have many friends".

"why not?", asked Fat Blue, "you are probably better than this blue monster here".

"I used to have friends, but they became annoyed with my constant lying and my anger management problems. I took anger management, but after I passed, they all thought I was just lying and avoided me. I have been depressed for a long time, so I took this trip to try to make me feel better, but it hasn't", said the wolf.

"well, nobodys perfect", said grover, "I have a friend at home who is angry all the time, but everybody likes him. His name is oscar. I'm sure that he would be alright with your anger".

"I am not angry anymore, and I don't lie anymore either", said The Wolf.

"we will be your friends", said the six year old boy, "won't we?", he asked everybody. They all agreed.

"oh, thanks", said the wolf, "it's good to know that if we don't survive, that I spent my last living moments with some friends".

They all then got togetehr for a group hug.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
chapter 10.

The train had made it within 43 minutes, as promised. Everybody was ready to get out. It was 11:24, but even though some of them were tired, everybody was enthusiastic about rescuing Grover.

"Let's go find a map", said grovers mom.

"that is a good idea", said Bob.

"You know what else is a good idea", said Cookie Monster, and all at once everybody said "eating cookies". Cookie Monster then asked, "how'd you all know?"

Everybody in the cave was getting tired.

"i'm bored", said the six-year-old, "why did you have to tell me that I couldn't bring my game boy down here?"

"well, there is more to life than video games", said the mother.

"That's right. You can fly through the air as a superhero", said Grover, "Or you can demonstrate the difference between near and far".

"what are you talking about?", asked the wolf.

"Or you can go fishing, or you can play basball, or blow a trumpet", said the old man.

"You can eat at a resturaunt, hopefully with good service", said Fat Blue, who then stared at Grover with a worried look.

"you can grow up to be a firefighter, or a cop, or an explorer", said lauren.

"or you can explore in a cave...", said Grover. Everybody stared at him. "Sorry. Wrong time".

Grovers friends went to a bus stop, where the bus was going to the cave.

"We should be able to get there soon", said Bob.

"yeah", said Big Bird.

"We wont if the bus is late", said Oscar.

The bus came.

"we'd like to go to Jons Stone Cave, please", said Bert.

"I'm sorry", said the bus driver, "but all trips to the cave has been canceled to to a freak cave in".

"But our friend is in there", said Ernie.

"oh, well in that case, come on. Nobody has to pay", said the bus driver.

"wait", said Oscar, "you mean we can get on here for free without an argument? I really hate this trip!"