Fan Fic - Rainbows Have Nothing to Hide

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Curve ball at the end if you're not careful. Wonder what'll happen next to Scooter.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ack! Sorry I haven't been here to read and comment! But anyway, I loved the addition of the third journal, I really liked Sam's journal, I think you got his character down very well! It's getting quite intense and I really like it!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
WOW.....OH MY.....AHHH This is so awesome!!!

I think the next time someone tortures him, the townspeople will go after him with torches (the fire kind) and pitchforks!

Oh wait, I think the townspeople did that already in MW's story Hulk-O-Vision. XD

What's going to happen next!??

Beauregard

Reaction score
Piece of paper - con't

When I could see each fiber, each thread of Kermit's collar. Only then I let myself sleep again, when every thought but a single thread had left my mind.

I woke up and found a pile clothes. A pair of cut off jeans, and a t-shirt. They were folded neatly, and left in a pile by my feet. There was also a new pair of trainers, and brand new socks. They fit perfectly and snuggly. I folded my old ones and left them in a pile. Maybe someone - something? - would take them for dry cleaning.

I had a set daily plan by now. Wake up, start jogging, back and forth for twenty, twenty-five, thirty laps of the prision, as I had come to think of it. Advancing the number by five every day. Then I'd do press-ups, and sit-ups. Muscles ached all over me, but I kept on. It had to be good for me.

I didn't bother to try and see beyond the inside of my mind anymore. It might have been months since I saw natural light, or days. I didn't think to keep a mark of each time I spelt and woke, and by now it was too late. Not that I had anything to mark with.

I sit with my back against the wall and find another memory. This one is just a pair of feet, in flat bottomed shoes with laces. One loop of the lace is longer than the other. The second lace has a freyed end. A speck of dirt sits on the very front of the right white sole of her shoe. A single speck by itself, the rest is perfectly clean. Purple trainers with white soles. Moving up, there's thick tights, of green and white stripes, the green stopping dramaticly each time it alternates to white. The skirt above wasn't red, and wasn't pink. It was almost salmon, slightly darker. The hem was sewn with red thread. Above that was a cardigan, with the lowest button missing.

I watched the image, and began focusing in, and in. Thread still poked from the knitting where the button had popped off.

I was getting good at single image memories.

I'm tired from remembering. I think I'll sleep again.

Ever goofy,
Scoot

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow! Great descriptions! Especially of a certain character who was a caregiver for quite sometime when they were younger! I was quite excited by that! Anyway, keep it coming Beau!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah man... Great cameo reference to their carefree baby years. *Begging at Bo... Sir, more please?

Smiles

Reaction score
This is great! I loved Sam's journal by the way, it's like I got all used to Scooter and Clays and then it was all BAM her SAMS journal!!

So yeah this really great! Only thing is after reading this I feel like posting in italics soooo much! Italics... Italics.....

Beauregard

Reaction score
Feel free to italicize away there Smiles ol' buddy :stick_out_tongue:

--

Piece of paper

Another day. Another memory.

A pair of hands covering my eyes, soft pale orange skin. "Guess who?" A squeeky voice giggled. I was three. Everything looked huge at that age, chairs, beds, and lampstands were like monsters. Sometimes they really were monsters in my imagination, or guarding soldiers around a castle where a beautifull princess lived, who could only be saved my me if I could beat my way through the potted plants, climb the never-ending-bookshelf, and leap down into the river-of-pillows-and-doom.

"Skeeter!" I said.

"Right, how did you guess?" And she giggled in that way only she can. Keheheh-hehe. Her hands were lifted and I blinked in the light.

I wished there was light now. Only darkness.

Another memory filtered. I can filter thoughts now, like files on a computer, search and select. We were sat on a checked table-cloth laid out over the floor, almsot flat with a huge wrinkle all the way down the middle. The check was red and white squares growing out from where I was sat. Skeeter was opposite, blinking behind her glasses, and grinning like an idiot. "Will you remember me in a day?" She wore a mini t-shirt, and shorts, plump little knees sticking out.

"Sure I will."

"Will you remember me in a year?"

"Sure!"

"Will you remember me in two years?"

"Yup."

"Will you remember me in a thousand trillian million years?"

"You bet!"

"Knock knock."

"Who's there?"

Skeeter's face fell. As if, for a moment, something in her had hoped he wouldn't fall for the joke. That instead he'd reply, "Hello Skeeter." Her eyes were dissapointed, but her face broke into giggles again. Keheheheeheh.

I got up and started running. Skeeter. So many years ago now. Will you remember me in a year...will you remember me in a week...will you remember?

I ran faster, bounced off a wall, turned, ran back, turned ran back, faster, turned, ran, faster. My heart pumped, lungs ached, feet pounded. Turn, run. Run, turn. Back. Run. Run.

A beam of light struck my eyes, half blinding me. I stumbled forward, breathing uncontrolably. The light widened, stinging and burning my retinas. Wider, it was some kind of door in the wall where I knew there was no door, and a person standing in the doorway. My eyes hurt so much. I burried them in my hands, and walked blind towards where the door was.

Ching, crack. A small one person table was slammed against the floor, and a chair. "Sit," the person said.

I opened my eyes, the light was acid in my eyes. I fumbled towards the chair.

Flash, a piece of paper was slammed against the table. Click, a lightbulb snapped on above me. It must have been there all along, hidden in the dark. I reached the chair, pulled it back, sat, and fell straight down against the floor.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Rully getting to the good stuff now Bo... Memories of Skeeter... This other person barking out commands, turning on the light in the room... Come on, please post more soon.