Fan-Fic: Sometimes It's Better To Go

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
While reading this chapter, I said the exact same thing about... ten or so times. It went something like this: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I said that:

1.) "Hi I'll take a go-fer, his twin sister, and a crazy chef to go, please!"
2.) "Don't worry guys." Kermit told them. "We're at Louise's Lounge, we can grab a bite here."
3.) "You all?" Skeeter asked. She looked over to the bar and saw the purple man wiping the counter. "Cliffy!" She cried, running over to hug him.
4.) "Johnny Fiama says we're goin' home!"
5.) "Well, I just cannot believe dat a sane person would keep Animal in a place dis small. Hokay?"
6.) The band rushed Ryan almost knocking him over. They all hugged Pepe. And Animal tried to eat him.
7.) Just then, a green SUV pulled up followed by a red corvete and a black sports car.
8.) "Kermin! Piggy! Scooper! Skeeter! Clifford! Bobo! Johnny Fiama! Monkey man! Spooky man! Crazy Chef! Dat took alot out of me. Hokay?" Pepe sighed.
9.) "You...your...your...Kermit the Frog...and Miss Piggy...and..." He fell over.
10.) "Oh great," Piggy said. "Another fan-boy."
11.) "Look Sam," Ryan began. "I know we've been like best friends since sixth grade. But, do you think maybe we could..."
12.) They held each others hands until the next stop.
13.) Meanwhile in the SUV, Kermit and Piggy did the same.

...okay, so that was more like thirteen times...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 21: Together Again

Lisa awoke the next morning with Fozzie on her right side, and a pile of newspapers on her left. "It's to early." She moaned. She layed her head down on the pile of newspapers.

"Oh Camilla, come on not in public!" A raspy voice whispered.

Lisa shot up. "What? Who said that?"

Gonzo pushed the newspapers off of him. "AHH!!" He screamed at the sight of the hobo.

"AHH!!" Lisa screamed at the sight of the weirdo.

"AHH!!" They both screamed.

"Who are you?" Lisa demanded.

Gonzo breathed heavily. "I'm Gonzo. And I this is my girlfriend Camilla." He gestured to the chicken. "And who are you?"

"I'm Lisa. And this," she pointed to Fozzie. "Is Fozzie."

"What?!? Fozzie!" Gonzo cried. He jumped onto Fozzie and hugged him. "Ha ha! You're here!" He laughed.

"What?" Fozzie asked just waking up. "Come on Gonzo let me sleep." Fozzie whined. "Gonzo? Gonzo!" He hugged him back. "You're here! But how?"

"I've been on this same bench ever since we split up!" Gonzo explained.

"Did I miss something here?" Lisa asked.

"Lisa," Fozzie began. "This is my very good friend Gonzo."

"The pleasure is mine ma lady." Gonzo said.

"Right. And how do you two know each other again?" She asked.

"Well," Fozzie began to explain. But was interupted by the loud music coming from a bright colored bus that pulled up in front of them. Followed by a green SUV, a red corvette, and a black sports car. "No way!"

"What?" Lisa asked. "Don't tell me you know them to!"

Fozzie and Gonzo both nodded. The Muppets all got out of their respective cars. Kermit led the group up to Fozzie and Gonzo. "Well," he said. "I saw your sign." He pointed to a cardboard cut-out with a dollar sign on it. "And, I thought I might give you all a lift."

Fozzie and Gonzo took turns hugging everyone in the group. Lisa watched. They were a family.

"It's so great to see you guys!" Gonzo said happily.

"Man it's great to see you to! It hasn't been the same without a bad joke or a funky new habit every day!" Floyd told them.

"Rully! I geuss we're all like tottally lucky that Fozzie was here to. I mean, we were only looking for Gonzo here." Janice explained.

Animal was confused as to why Lisa wasn't talking to them. He thought he'd fix that. "WOMAN! WOMAN!" He cried as he ran over to Lisa.

"Hey! No! Bad dog! Down! Sit! A little help here Fozzie!" Lisa screamed.

"Allow me." Ryan intervened. He walked over to Animal and held out a drumstick. "Here Animal, you want the drumstick?" He asked. "Go get it!" He threw the drumstick away from Lisa with Animal following right behind it.

"DRUMSTICK!" He cried.

"Thanks." She said.

"Do I know you?" Ryan asked.

"I don't think." She said. "But I'm not sure."

"Oh how's the song go?" He rattled through his brain. "Oh yeah! There's not a word yet for old friends who've just met." Ryan remembered. "Maybe that's it." He smiled.

"Yeah maybe." Lisa giggled.

"Hey that's one of my songs!" Gonzo said to Ryan. "Who is this guy?" He whispered to Dr. Teeth.

"Man, that's Ryan, the man with the duplex!" Dr. Teeth explained.

"And the girlfriend." Sam announced matter-of-factly. Grasping Ryan's hand.

"Well," Kermit said. "We still have a few more stops to make. You guys ready?"

"Yeah!" The group said.

The Muppets began to return to their cars. But Fozzie stayed behind. "Um, Lisa, you want to come with us?" He asked.

She thought for a minute. "Naw." She said. "It's not really my place."

"Sure it is!" Fozzie argued. "Come on, you're like family now!"

"Nope." She sat down on the bench. "I've got a bus to catch." She said.

"To where?"

"Oh, you know me always the drifter. But hey, I won't forget you Fozzie."

"I won't forget you either Lisa." He hugged her.

Piggy reached over and honked Kermit's horn. "Come on fuzzball we don't have all day!" She yelled.

"Bye Lisa." He called as he ran over to the bus.

She sang a small note to herself. "There's not a word yet. For old friends who've just met." She chuckled, and waited for her bus.

Rowlf sat in the lonely shelter. He sighed. Was this how he was to spend the rest of his life? Alone? In a cage? The doors of his cage opened.

"Come on dog, someone here wantin' to adopt ya." The man yelled. "Be sure ya look yer best."

Rowlf licked his hand and patted down the fur on his ear. This might be his way out. He walked past the other cages full of whimpering dogs. Then came to a door. The man opened it and Rowlf walked through.

He heard a cash register open. "That'll be two dollars Mr. Frog." A woman said.

"No problem." A froggy voice said.

Rowlf looked. He saw Kermit. He hugged him. "Hiya Rowlf." Kermit said.

Rowlf held back tears. "Kermit..." He he said. "How'd ya get here?" He asked.

"Come look outside." Kermit told him.

They walked outside and Rowlf saw the cars. One by one, all four cars sat in a row.

Dr. Teeth peered out the window of the bus. "Hey hey, Ol' Brown Ears is back." He called to everyone.

Sweetums sat in the trunk of Kermit's SUV. He was talking to Johnny and Sal who's corvette was right behind Kermit's SUV.

Kermit sat in the driver's seat, with Piggy in passenger's vigourously applying make-up. Rowlf, Scooter, Gonzo, and Camilla piled in the first back seat with Fozzie, and Uncle Deadly behind them. Fozzie was kind of scared of Uncle Deadly, so conversation between them was kept to a minimum.

Johnny, Sal, and Pepe sat in the front of Johnny's corvete with Ryan, and Sam holding hands and gossiping in the in back.

Clifford and Skeeter sat in front in his car. With Bobo in back, talking about jalepenos and sandwiches.

The Electric Mayhem all sat in the bus jamming. With the Swedish Chef singing in some un deciferable language.

Nothing could go wrong.

Tyler Bryant forced his key to the Muppet Theater into the hole. He turned it and heard a click. He turned the doorknob and pushed on the door. Nothing. He pushed harder and harder. He couldn't get in.

The same results awaited him at all the doors in the dingy theater. He began to get angry, starting to curse after every door. "Fine!" He screamed. He pulled out a cell phone and dialed a number.

"Yo, Chris." He said. "I'm gonna need that wrecking ball tomorrow."

Kermit knocked on the door of his brother's house. When Jimmy answered the door he was shocked. Partially because of Kermit, but mostly because of the big brown monster behind him. "Kermit!" He hugged him.

"Hey Jim. Where's Robin?" Kermit asked.

"Upstairs in his room. Why?"

"We're takin' 'im home of course!" Sweetums bellowed.

Kermit and Sweetums climbed the staircase. On Robin's door there was a sign that read "KEEP OUT!!!" Kermit knocked. No one answered. He knocked a little harder. Still no answer.

Sweetums was tired of waiting. He kicked the door so hard it fell right in. "Sorry 'bout that!" He called down to Jimmy.

Robin looked at the door. "SWEETUMS! UNCLE KERMIT!" Robin cried. He ran into Kermit's arms and hugged him. He started crying. "Uncle Kermit."

"Hey there little buddy." Sweetums patted his back.

Robin wiped his eyes. "Uncle Kermit. You never called me." Robin said.

"I'm sorry Robin. It's a long story. But I'm here now. So how about we go home?" Kermit asked his nephew.

Robin nodded. "I'd like that." He said. "I'd like that alot."

"Together again!" Kermit sang.
"Gee it's good to be together again!"

Piggy nodded in agreement.

"I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone!"

"It's not starting over it's just going on!" Robin sang.

"Together again!" Rowlf sang.

Fozzie joined. "Now we're here and there's no need rememberin' when."

"'Cause no feelin' feels like that feeling." Gonzo and Scooter sang.

"Together again!" The rest of them joined.

Johnny's car heard the song.

"Together again!
Gee it's good to be together again!
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone!
It's not starting over,
It's just going on!" Everyone but Sam sang.

"I don't understand any of this." She told Ryan.

Ryan just laughed and kept listening.

Clifford had his windows down.

"Together again!
Now we're here and there's no need rememberin' when!" They sang.

The band played along.

"'Cause no feeling feels like that feeling!
Together a-" They sang.

"Together a-" Clifford's car sang.

"Together a-" Johnny's car sang.

"Together again!" Kermit finished the song.

"What do ya mean he's not der!" Rizzo asked.

"I mean he's not there!" Sam yelled. "Kermit is not at this hotel any longer." Sam explained.

"But where could he have gone?" Bunsen asked.

"Maybe he got lost." Beauregard suggested.

"Or maybe he just got tired of this tottaly un-American hotel!" Sam cried.

"Hey Sam," Rizzo said. "This is America's Best Inns!" He screamed.

"Oh...well then, they're not doing a very good job of with holding their title! Hmph." Sam nodded.

"Well how are we supposed to find Kermit now?" Rizzo asked.

"Well, we could use my car phone." Bunsen said.

"Mo!" Beaker cried.

"Oh come off of it Beakie, you only got mild radiation poisoning!" Bunsen told him.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
OH man prawncracker, I'm laughing so hysterically it's not even funny! ...wait, that didn't sound right... Uh, I don't think that's what I meant... What I meant is I love it! "Do I know you?" And old friends who've just met, and let me tell you I cheer so much every time they pick some one up, especially since it's so, "oh, hey, total stranger, want a ride? Good, because we're not stranger's at all! Good to see you! Let's go home!" And then, in true Muppet fashion, they burst into song. Specifically, they burst into me! ...oh dear, I think that came out how I didn't mean it again... But I am so insanely in love with this story! "oh come off of it Beakie, you only got mild radiation poisoning!" Come on, let's get back to the theater. NOW! BEFORE THE WRECKING BALL! And Tyler Bryant, you are in SUCH big trouble if I get my hands on you....

Keep it coming, please oh please oh pretty please with sugar on top! I can't wait for more!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it, I love it. I suppose I could come up with some better words, but I just really love it! I really love how Kermit and Sweetums went to get Robin and Sweetums kicked his door down! And I'm happy Rowlf's out of the pound! And Together Again, gee it's good to be together again! Perfect! Now, they gotta go rescue their theater!!!!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 21: Now We're Here

The row of cars pulled up in front of the theater in the same line they always parked in. Everyone got out of their cars and looked at the theater. So many memories.

"Wow," Ryan said. "I can't believe I'm actually standing here."

"Well guys," Kermit gulped. "Let's go."

He walked alongside Uncle Deadly to the backstage entrance. Uncle Deadly picked the lock with his golden lock pick.

"Sweetums," Kermit said to the monster. "If you would."

"No problem!" Sweetums turned the handle and pushed with all his might. When the door opened with ease and sent the dresser on the other side flying into the wall.

The Muppets wandered into the empty theater. They all clambered through backstage and wandered onto the main stage.

Kermit looked at from the empty seats to his friends. He never noticed that they could all fit on the stage at once like this.

"Well what do we do now?" Dr. Teeth asked.

"Anybody want a sandwich?" Bobo asked.

"Zee beer leekes tu make-a de sundveeches!" The Chef chuckled.

"Come on guys be serious!" Scooter told them. "What do you want us to do Kermit?"

"We're here for ya Kerm!" Clifford called.

"Don't worry green stuff with us here you got nothin' to worry about!" Floyd said.

"Thanks guys." Kermit said. "Now what we need to find out is what Bryant's up to right now." Kermit began his speech. "Now, first I think we should..."

Pepe knew that this was another Kermit speech that he wouldn't be involved in. "Hey, hey Gonso," he knudged the weirdo. "Slug-bug green. Hokay?"

"What?" Gonzo asked the prawn. "Where?"

"Look right der. Hokay? Right outside." Pepe pointed out the front door. "See, de one right next to de wrecking ball."

Gonzo looked out the door. "Oh! I see it now! Yeah it is right next to the wrecking ball isn't it? How did I miss it?" Gonzo returned his attention to Kermit. Then realized there was a wrecking ball parked out side the theater. "WRECKING BALL?!?" He screamed.

"What?" Kermit asked. All the Muppets all turned to the door and saw the wrecking ball.

"What are you doing?" Sam asked Bunsen as he parked his car outside the theater.

"I'm asking this nice man with the wrecking ball if he's seen Mr. Kermit!" Bunsen said as he got out of the car adn walked over to the wrecking ball.

"I demand you get back here right now!" Sam yelled at Bunsen. "Hey! Get back here!"

A large man with dark brown hair sat in the driver's seat of the wrecking ball. Tyler Bryant sat on the bench watching. "Tear it down Chris!" He yelled.

"Yes sir!" Chris yelled from the wrecking ball. He turned on the ignition.

"Excuse me sir," Bunsen asked Tyler. "But by any chance have you seen Kermit the Frog around here?"

Tyler turned and looked at Bunsen. "Oh, you're one of them aren't you?" He asked. "Well, I have seen your frog, but he's a little tied up right now." He laughed.

"Oh well, could you tell me where he is please?" Bunsen asked.

Beauregard, Rizzo, Beaker, and Sam got out of the car. "Dr. Honeydew get back here this instant!" Sam yelled. He saw the wrecking ball. "Hey! Who are you and what are you doing with that wrecking ball?" Sam asked Tyler.

Tyler stood up. "I am Tyler Bryant. And you're getting on my nerves!" He told the eagle. He walked over to them and picked up Rizzo. "Now, what are you doing here?"

Rizzo shook violently. "Well, um, you see Mr. Byant, we were just looking for Kermit, and then we found yoyu, here, and um..."

"Shut up!" He yelled in Rizzo's face.

"No one, tells my best friend to shut up!" Gonzo jumped onto Tyler's leg and held on.

"What?!?" He yelled.

Kermit and the rest of the Muppets walked out of the alley and into the street where Tyler and the others were. "We're back!" Kermit told Tyler.

"Yeah!" Rowlf joined. "And nothing's gonna bring us down!"

All the Muppets spoke in agreement.

"Nice try!" Tyler laughed throwing Rizzo to the ground. "Chris! Take it down! NOW!" He yelled.

"Right!" The clumsy driver agreed. He drove the wrecking ball forward.

"No!" All the Muppets yelled at once.

Uncle Deadly jumped onto the wheels. He climbed into the driver's seat and tried to distract Chris.

"BAD MAN!" Animal yelled following the phantom.

"Get these things off of me Tyler!" Chris cried.

Tyler picked Gonzo up by the color of his yellow shirt and threw him by Rizzo. He was to busy doing that to see Sweetums plow him over.

"Sal do something!" Johnny yelled at Sal.

"Right Johnny!" He jumped into action with Animal and Uncle Deadly. He covered Chris' eyes and caused the wrecking ball to spin in circles.

"Boss, it's gonna hit the theater!" Scooter yelled.

"No!" Sam cried covering her mouth.

Robin jumbed from his uncle's hand. He hopped towards the machine and hopped on the wheel.

"Robin!" Kermit chased after him. Miss Piggy grabbed his hand.

"Let him go!" She yelled. "He's a frog, he'll be fine!"

Robin hopped up and grabbed the brake lever. He tried pulling down. But it wouldn't move. He pulled as hard as he could. Robin fell on his back and the lever fell with him. The wrecking ball jerked to a stop sending Animal, Sal, Uncle Deadly, Chris, and tiny Robin flying onto the blacktop road below.

Meanwhile, Tyler Bryant lay on the ground with a huge hairy monster on top of him.

"Me mo me mo!" Beaker held out a thums up.

"Truly an American spirit Mr. Sweetums!" Sam cheered.

Kermit rushed to his nephew's side. "Robin! Are you okay?' He asked.

"Uncle Kermit," Robin asked in a weak voice. "Did I do good?"

"No Robin." Kermit held his hand. "You did great."

Soon all the other Muppets were behind Kermit's shoulder (except Sweetums, who had to keep Tyler pinned to the ground).

"Robin," Fozzie said. "Please be okay!"

Robin sat up. "I'm fine. What about the theater?" Robin asked.

"Don't worry little guy," Skeeter assured him. "You saved it."

"Like you rully did a good job Robin." Janice told the frog.

"You saved the theater!" Beau told him.

"Is Robin okay?" Sweetums called from the ground.

"Sweetums!" Robin got up and ran over to his best friend.

The rest of the Muppets followed.

"If you don't get this thing off of me, I'm calling the police!" Tyler struggled.

"Oh yes, and when they get here," Sam stepped up. "We can show him this nice letter you wrote the president." Sam held out the letter.

"How did you get that?!?" Tyler asked.

"Well," Sam explained. "There are some perks to working at the Pentagon." He said.

All the other Muppets nodded and grinned from ear to ear.

"Busted!" Clifford smiled.

"Moi did call the poice though." Miss Piggy said holding out her cell-phone "And they'll be here for vous any minute now."

"And, I'll be taking back my keys." Kermit said.

The Muppets cheered. They were finnaly home.

About an hour later, it was all over. Tyler was in jail. Kermit had his keys to the theater back.

And they were already planning their reunion show.

"Scooter," Kermit told the go-fer. "Call everyone! Hilda, Mildred, George, Lew, even Harry if you have a number!"

"Right away boss!" Scooter ran off.

"Sweetums help Beau clean up that dresser!" He yelled.

"You got it!" Sweetums picked up the dresser.

"Bunsen, you and Beaker move that rafter remnants outside and set it on fire!"

"Ho ho!" Bunsen chuckled. "Right away Mr. Kermit sir!"

"Uncle Deadly!" Kermit yelled.

He appeared from the shadows. "Yes frog?" He asked.

"Thanks." He hugged him.

Uncle Deadly was taken aback. What was Kermit doing? "You're welcome. Anytime."

"And," Kermit said. "I want you to be in the reunion show."

"Me?" The phantom asked. "You want me to be in your show?"

"Well, you are part of the family, and all of our family's gonna be in the show." Kermit told him. "And I think I owe you. After all, you did save the theater. You're a hero."

Uncle Deadly thought he might cry. "Thank you. I would be honored to appear in your show frog. Anything," he said. "For my family."

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Lemme tell ya, prawncracker... once I hit this line right here...

the prawn cracker story master said:
"No one, tells my best friend to shut up!" Gonzo jumped onto Tyler's leg and held on.
It's "cue wild and crazy cheering!" from there on out. And then Robin, jumps on the wrecking ball, and "Uncle Kermit, did I do good?" "No Robin, you did great." AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Oh, hugs all around! Lots of hugs! Hundreds of hugs! Two hugs for every Muppet! (check the list, that's a lot of hugs.) And THREE hugs for the author!

...this isn't the end, is it?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
TogetherAgain The hugging mistress said:
...this isn't the end, is it?
Are you kidding? If it was, we'd miss the reunion show! Which, was the only part of this fan-fic I had set in stone since I started.

But, on a sad note, I have a scholar bowl match tomorrow. And we won't be back until 10:30pm. So, I won't be able to post the next chapter until Friday.:frown: I'm so sorry guys! But don't worry, it's worth waiting for!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Patience is not one of my strong suits, you know that, prawncracker. But, for the reunion show... :big_grin: alright, I'll wait.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yea! The theater is saved! Robin is a hero! I loved every word of this chapter! Like Lisa, I especially liked "Uncle Kermit did I do good? No you did great" line. I also liked Animal's "BAD MAN" line, reminded me of TMTM. I just loved the whole darn thing and can't wait to see the ending!

Edit: I almost forgot the best part was Uncle Deadly saying "anything for my family" after Kermit asked him to be in the show. So touching!

Just J

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
"Uncle Kermit," Robin asked in a weak voice. "Did I do good?"

"No Robin." Kermit held his hand. "You did great."
This was the best part. Very touching