Fan-Fic: Sometimes It's Better To Go

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Alright, just checking... Not nit-picky, really not...

Now about this chapter. Thank you for helping the Electric Mayhem out there. That was you, wasn't it. Still, you've gotta pity them... going back to "their roots"- high school... hey, wait a second, you're referencing Muppet High, Aren't you!
Meanwhile, Pepe seems to be doing alright... what he's doing in high school, I know not, maybe no colleges would accept him?... meh, whatever...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
MWoO ha ha ha!!! I know why Pepe's in high school and yoou don't!!! Ha ha ha ha ha!:big_grin: :wink:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Another great chapter Ryan! I loved how you put yourself in the story! It was awesome! I like that EM was playing at high school even if the kids were mean! And Pepe in high school! It's funny! It's really good, keep writing!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 10: You're in My Heart

"Finally!" Sam Eagle projected. "I have a respectable job. With the government!"

A tall man in a black suit walked up to Sam.

"Hey you! Those papers aren't gonna shred 'em selves ya know!" The man said.

"Yes sir! Sorry sir!" Sam saluted and returned to his work. He placed a sheet of paper in the paper shredder and watched it fall into the trash can.

The man nodded. "Very well then. Carry on." He walked away.

Sam put another paper through the shredder.

"Hey! Will you cut it out?!?" A voice yelled from inside the trash can.

Sam looked around the room. "Hmm? Who said that?"

Rizzo popped his head out of the trash can. "Me, who else?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, I needed a place to live, and the dumpster was occupied, so I figured, 'What the hey, I'll live in The Pentagon.' So, here I am"

"Well, get out!" Sam wrestled with Rizzo trying to get him out of the can. He finally tipped the can over causing Rizzo and all the paper shreds to fall out.

"Man! What is it with grouches and trashcans?" Rizzo asked.

"You are dispicable!" Sam said starting to pick up the shreds.

"He's dispicable? But he was always picked first on the the flag football team." Beauregard said from behind them.

"You have got to be kidding me..." Sam sighed as he looked at the janitor. "And what praytell are you doing here?" He asked Beau.

"I work here, I'm the janitor. What about you birdy?" The dimwitted janitor asked.

"He's posin' for the dollar bill!" Rizzo remarked setting his home right side up. "He he!" He chuckled.

"Ha ha!" Sam laughed sarcastically. "I am a profesional government official!"

"Yeah, officialy lame!" Rizzo said.

"I've had about enough of you!" Sam yelled.

Beauregard started sweeping the paper shreds. "Well, could you at least keep your workspace clean?" He asked Sam. "I'm payed by the hour, not the job!"

"This is great!" Clifford said. "This place looks so cool!"

Clifford walked into the lounge. He looked around, there was a bar and tables scattered throughout the room. He walked to the bar.

"Hey," He called to a young girl pouring soda in a cup. "I'm here for the bartender job!"

The girl turned around. "Oh great!" She said relieved. "I've been workin' double shifts forever! Come on around I'll show you how everything works."

"Cool." Clifford walked behind the bar. "I'm Clifford."

"Name's Lisa." She showed him how to work the soda machine, and where the cups and ice machine was. "Understand?"

"Yeah man, no problem! I got it all under control!"

"Good. Now, I'll introduce you to the rest of the guys. See over there? That guy by the door, that's Bobo, he's our bouncer."

"Naw, can't be." Clifford thought. He looked over to where Lisa was pointing and he saw a large bear. "It is! Bobo, hey Bobo!" Clifford called to him.

He turned around and saw Clifford. "Hey! Cliff! It's great to see ya! What are you doin' here?" Bobo asked.

"I'm the new bartender."

"Cool, can I get you a sandwich?" Bobo asked him.

"No, I'm good."

"Alright. Well, I gotta get back to work." He walked away. "Jalepenos, jalepenos..." He sang as he walked.

"I thought you two might get along." Lisa told him. "Now, over there we have our lounge singer, Johnny and his monkey Sal."

"I don't believe this..." Clifford said as he saw the singer and his monkey.

"No Sal," Johhny said. "I said I wanted a couple ice cubes! There are three in my cup! A couple is two!"

"Sorry Johnny, be right back with a new one!" Sal rushed over to the bar carrying a drink. "Hey Clifford? Is that you?"

"Yeah Sal! It's great to see you guys again!"

"Well, Johnny Fiama wants a new drink, and when Johnny Fiama wants a new drink, he gets a new drink!" Sal said he rushed over and got a new drink than ran back to Johnny.

"Yeah. Well anyway, that about raps it up for us here at Louise's Lounge." Lisa told Clifford.

"Great. Nice talkin' to ya Lisa."

Lisa looked at Clifford. "Nah..." She thought to herself. "He can't be the same guy."

Uncle Deadly watched from the rafters above the seats in the Muppet Theatre. Tyler Bryant and two other men were inside walking around.

"It's perfect Tyler." A tall blond haired man said.

A short brown haired man nodded. "Yes, I must agree with Jeremy on this one."

"Good." Tyler said. "So, Colin, when do the demolision crews arive?"

"As soon as we find the document making this trash heap a landmark. Once we have that we're free to tear this place to the ground."

Uncle Deadly gasped. He reached his hand into his tattered old coat pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. He had the document. And he would not let them get a hold of it.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Yea Uncle Deadly! He's not going to let them tear down the theater! I loved Rizzo's line "what is it with grouches and garbage cans?" I just loved the whole thing. It's not as sad, but I still wish the Muppets would get back together! I know, be patient right?

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
...nah... he can't possibly be the same guy...

Some really funny stuff here, prawncracker. You know what, scratch that, there's some pretty hysterical stuff! Sam finally working at the Pentagon, with a nice LOW position... Love Rizzo's line about grouches, it's actually kind of ironic because I just wrote an Oscar reference earlier today... I love how the Muppets just keep running into each other. They just belong together!
Now if you'll please excuse me while I cheer wildly for Uncle Deadly...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 11: Not Sure Quite Where

A lime green Volkswagen Beetle pulled into the driveway in front of the mansion.

"Alright Beakie here we are! Gab the breifcase and let's go!" Bunsen told his assistant as he got out of the car.

Beaker picked up a brown briefcase and tryed to open his door. It was locked. "Mee meep!" He told Bunsen.

"Oh! You're locked in? Well, let me just unlock your door." The doctor said. "Hmm, no which button was it again? Oh yes! This one!" He pressed a round button sending Beaker flying through the roof of the car.

"MEEE!!!" Beaker cryed flying through the air and landing on the ground. He held on to the briefcase and got up off the ground shaking.

"Don't dilly dally Beaker!" Bunsen called. He was already approaching the front door.

Bunsen knocked on the door. Waited. Then rang the door bell. In seconds the door was opened by Sweetums.

"Good day to you sir!" Bunsen said, totally oblivious to Sweetums. "My name is Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, and this is my assistant Beaker! We are traveling science salesmen!" He opened the briefcase and pulled out a bottle of blue gel. "Now, you might be thinking, 'What can I buy from a traveling science salesmen?' Well, I can tell you! This," he pointed to the gel. "Is my Muppet Labs spontaneous combustion formula! Now you're probably wondering 'What on Earth would I use spontaneous combustion formula for?' Well, my assistant will demonstrate for you! Beaker?"

Beaker pointed to Sweetums who stood at the door with his mouth closed. "Me mee mo!"

"No time for arguments Beaker! Show him how it works!"

"Mee." Beaker agreed. He took a twig out of the briefcase and poured the gel on it. It immediatly caught fire. "Me me!" He presented. Sweetums actually looked intrested.

"Now, imagine if that was a whole pile of scrap wood waiting to be burned! Now why waste money on gasoline when..." Bunsen conitinued on while Beaker listened. But little did he know that a drop of the gel was sliding down the bottle. It landed on his sleeve. It caught fire. "MEEE!!!" He screamed running around.

Sweetums jumped up. "Um, doc?"

"Please don't interupt sir!" Bunsen told him. "As I was saying, it also spreads on it's own!"

The flame caught all of Beaker's clothes on fire. "MEEE!!!" Beaker dropped to the ground and rolled around.

"So sir can I intrest you in a bottle?" Bunsen asked Sweetums who wasn't paying attention anymore.

"What? Oh, Dr. Honeydew it's me Sweetums! Don't tell me you forgot?"

"Sweetums?" Bunsen thought. "Oh yes! You're the hairy giant! What are you doing here?"

"I applied for a butler job! The pay's great! I wish I could say the same for my boss!"

A man walked up behind Sweetums. "Who is it Jack?" The man asked the monster.

"My name's not Jack! It's Sweetums! Mr. Kevin this is Dr. Honeydew and his Beaker."

Beaker was laying on the ground charred.

"Yes yes, well Jack, bid your friends farewell. I need you to start me a bath." Kevin walked away.

"Sorry guys. Well, um...good luck with that salesman thing." Sweetums closed the door.

"Well, that's one customer we won't be revisiting! Come on Beaker let's get out of here." Bunsen looked at Beaker. "Beaker this is no time for a nap!"

Uncle Deadly knew he was no longer safe in the rafters. He hopped from one to the other with the deed to the theatre in his pocket. He knew these rafters by heart. He did after all live there. He jumped from right to left. But when he landed the wood underneath him cracked. He looked down and saw as the rafter split in half and it fell. Uncle Deadly landed on top of the wood which landed in the farthest row on the left of the theatre. He drew the attention of all three men.

"What was that?" Jeremy asked.

"I thought you said all those things cleared out Tyler!" Colin exclaimed.

"They did!" Tyler exclaimed. He was furious.

Uncle Deadly heard the words they said. But he could not move to run away. The man named Tyler grasped him by his collar. "What," He asked. "Are you doing here?" He said behind clenched teeth.

Uncle Deadly forced the words out of his mouth. "I was doing an inspection." He lied. "I was making sure that the owls had cleared out since the last check." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a key. "Mr. the Frog had a key made for me. And I check every Thursday."

Tyler took the key and carried him over to the front door. He opened it and threw him out onto the wet sidewalk. "Your services are no longer needed. So stay out!" Tyler said slamming the door behind him.

Uncle Deadly let out a sigh of relief. His bluf worked. He lifted himself to his feet and limped over to the nearest bench. He died at that theatre. A ghost was not supposed to be seperated from the place he died. He had to get back in.

Kermit sat in the hotel room opening letters. He had one from Gonzo, Fozzie, Rowlf, Scooter, Sam, Beau, Rizzo, Pepe, The Band, Bunsen and Beaker, Clifford, Bobo, Johnny and Sal, Sweetums, everyone but Miss Piggy. "I really hope she's okay." He said to himself out loud. He placed all the envelopes on the nightstand and grabbed his raincoat out of the closet. He put it on and left the hotel.

He walked down the familiar sidewalk. He was about a block away from the theater when he saw the blue phantom sitting on the bench rubbing his leg. He him to see what was wrong.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<blink> that car looks so familiar... <shrug>
Love the Muppet Labs, love Sweetums. I feel so bad for Uncle Deadly. He's trying to save the theater, and he gets kicked out. And he died there, he BELONGS there! ...just like all the other muppets... <sigh>.
Good to see that Kermit got into a hotel. Why is Miss Piggy taking so long with her letter again, doesn't she know it breaks his heart? <sigh>. I sure hope Kermit and Uncle Deadly can help each other out, at least a little bit.
Very excellent chapter, prawncracker.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Great chapter Ryan! I love Sweetums working as a butler! I really love all of the jobs you put the different Muppets in, I could see them doing those things if they really did split up, but of course that's not what we want right? We want them back together! And poor Kermit, once again not hearing from Miss Piggy. And Uncle Deadly! Poor Uncle Deadly! I hope there is something he can do! I can't wait to read more, keep it coming!