Fan-Fic: Sometimes It's Better To Go

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
It's a curious question. You'll notice, a lot of characters we don't see much in actual productions anymore are featured prominantly in fanfics. Namely, Uncle Deadly, Rowlf, Beauregard... Skeeter tends to pop up, as well. I think it's just us subconciously preventing ourselves from going through withdrawl... <shrug> maybe.

But anyway, prawncracker, I know your computer is working again, so could we get some more story ASAP? I know, you said Monday, but... it seems like such a loooooong time since we've had story...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Sorry, but if you would have read in one of the other threads I said that I would be gone on vacation until today, and currently I'm at my grandma's house, and I'll be home at about 8:00, then I have to re-type an essay that'll take 'til about 9:00, then, I should be able to post. So expect the next chapter by 9:30 or so tonight.

P.S. I'm not promising.

Just J

Reaction score
I think you're right about that, TogetherAgain.

prawncracker: We eagerly await the next installment, whenever you have the chance to post it.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Chapter 13: Foolish to Try

"Hey Sam," Rizzo asked the file sorting eagle, while eating an apple in the trash can. "Do you ever bother and read any of those files?"

Sam sighed and placed the files on the table in front of him. "No, that would be illegal! Reading private government documents would be an felony punishible by this incredible American dicipline system!"

Beauregard silently mopped behind Sam. "Well yeah, but no one's here but you, me, and Beau, and we ain't tellin'!" Rizzo told him. "And what if you accidently shred somtin' really important? Eh? What would you do then?"

"Well..." Sam hesitated. "I'd...I'd...I would undoubtebly turn myself in to the higher American authorities!"

"Yeah, whatever." Rizzo said and jumped back into the trash can.

Sam shook his head and returned to his work. He put the files in the cabinet. He put the L file into the drawer. And reached for the M file. It slipped out of his grip sending the papers across the floor. "Oh Benidict Arnold!" Sam said under his breath as he started to put the papers back into the file. He tried his hardest not to read the papers so not to disprove his own words. But fate intervened, the words Muppet Theatre Ev... caught his eye. He couldn't resist, he pulled the paper out of the folder and began to read it.

"Careful Kermit, that leg is loose." Uncle Deadly told the frog as they climbed a ladder to the theatre roof.

Kermit stepped with caution and continued to climb. "Thanks," Kermit looked down at the phantom's bandaged leg. "We're almost there Uncle Deadly." They continued thier climb and finnaly reached the roof. Kermit helped Uncle Deadly onto the roof.

"Thank you." The ghost told Kermit.

"No problem. Alright, how do we get in the door?" Kermit asked. They looked at the door in the middle of the roof. "It's locked isn't it?"

Uncle Deadly nodded. "It always is. And always should be." He fiddled around in his pocket. "But," he revealed a piece of gold wire, bent and curved in all places. "Nothing is perfect." He placed the wire in the keyhole and wiggled it around. Kermit heard the lock click on the inside and Uncle Deadly turned the handle and opened the door.

Behind the door was a dark staircase leading who knows where. "After all these years, I've never been up here before." Kermit told the spook. "I let Scooter and Beau handle all the roof management."

Uncle Deadly began desending the staircase. Kermit followed. This was the most time he'd ever spent with Uncle Deadly. It was rather awkward. He walked, silently. Neither of them said a word until they reached the bottom of the stairs. There stood another door.

"You did not need to follow." Uncle Deadly said. "I did not want you to endanger your self."

Even though he hadn't spent time with him, Uncle Deadly still had feelings for the frog. It touched him. "Yes I did." Kermit said. "And whether you like it or not, you're part of our family."

Uncle Deadly turned to face him. No one had ever said that to him. He didn't know how to respond. He nodded and opened the door. "This one's never locked." He explained. "Thank you frog. I assume you'll want the deed then?"

Kermit had forgotten about the deed for a moment. "Yes, please." Kermit took the deed from the specter. "Thanks. And be careful." Kermit began to ascend the stairs with the deed in his hand.

"Kermit," Uncle Deadly said. "Thank you. For...For everything."

Kermit nodded and returned to the roof. He closed the door behind him. He didn't have time to react before the fist hit his face.

Fozzie kicked a can down the empty sidewalk. He passed a bald man with a goutee. Fozzie turned as he walked away. "Nah." He muttered. And continued down the sidewalk.

He sat on a bench next to a pile of newspapers. He reached into his hobo pack and took out his harmonica and began to play. It was a sad song. Fozzie hadn't had time for happiness any more.

The newspapers rumbled. A girl of about sixteen sat up. "What?" She asked half asleep.

Fozzie looked at her. "Hi." Fozzie said.

"What are you doin' here? This is my bed!" She growled at Fozzie.

"Sorry. It's just that, I don't have any where else to stay. And I thought I'd sleep here. But if you don't want me I'll leave." He grabbed his hobo pack and began to leave.

The girl sighed. "Never mind. You can stay." She sat up. "Name's Lisa." She extended her hand.

"Hi, I'm Fozzie." He shook her hand.

"Hey, could you play that harmonica again?" She asked him. "The music was really pretty. And...maybe...I could sing to it?"

"Sure!" Fozzie said he pulled out his harmonica again and started to play.

Lisa listened to the melody. She knew this song. It meant alot to her. More than can be imagined.

"Lydia oh Lydia say have you met Lydia?
Lydia the tattooed lady!
She has eyes that folks adore so,
And they tour so even more so.

Lydia oh Lydia, that en-cy-clo-pidia.
Oh Lydia The Queen of Tattoo!
On her back is the battle of Waterloo,
Beside it the wreck of the Hespherous, too.
And proudly above waves the red, white, and blue!
You can learn alot from Lydia!"

A tall figure with a brown beard sat across the street holding a newspaper. It would have been a strange sight for anyone to see, especially at 11:00pm at night. To make it stranger, the figure was thought dead.

"She can show you a view of the world in tattoo
If you step up and tell her where.
For a dime you can see Kankakee or Paris,
Or Washington crossing the Delaware."

The figure watched and listened. It was after all his favorite song. Sung at his funeral.

"Lydia oh Lydia, say have you met Lydia?
Oh Lydia the tattooed lady.
When her muscles start relaxin',
Up the hill comes Andrew Jackson!

Oh Lydia the champ of them all!
She once swept an admiral clear off his feet,
The ships on her hips made his heart skip a beat.
And now the old boy's in command of the fleet!
For he went and married Lydia!"

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<shiver>. Alright, prawncracker. You got me. I don't know why I couldn't sleep tonight, but I couldn't, and I ended up here, reading this, and... that's it, you're gettin' the details.
theprawncracker said:
He put the L file into the drawer. And reached for the M file. It slipped out of his grip sending the papers across the floor. "Oh Benidict Arnold!" Sam said under his breath as he started to put the papers back into the file.
Ha! Benidict Arnold! How appropriate for Sam to use that in place of, say, um... anything the swear filter would block.
fate intervened, the words Muppet Theatre Ev... caught his eye. He couldn't resist, he pulled the paper out of the folder and began to read it.
"Muppet Theatre Ev..." What's the "Ev.."? I want to know what the rest of the word is! Read faster, Sam!

Behind the door was a dark staircase leading who knows where. "After all these years, I've never been up here before." Kermit told the spook. "I let Scooter and Beau handle all the roof management."
I don't know why this scene is giving me the shivers, but it is. Especially starting here. Somehow... I don't know, it just feels... very... real.

Uncle Deadly began desending the staircase. Kermit followed. This was the most time he'd ever spent with Uncle Deadly. It was rather awkward.
Understandably. I think this adds to the very real feeling. I mean, how much time does Uncle Deadly really spend with any of the Muppets? He's just sort of... there, without really being there, er... something... I don't think I'm making sense...

"You did not need to follow." Uncle Deadly said. "I did not want you to endanger your self."

Even though he hadn't spent time with him, Uncle Deadly still had feelings for the frog. It touched him. "Yes I did." Kermit said. "And whether you like it or not, you're part of our family."

Uncle Deadly turned to face him. No one had ever said that to him. He didn't know how to respond.
Oh, but he is such a part of the family! Oh... talk about shivers... they just don't stop in this scene!
He nodded and opened the door. "This one's never locked." He explained. "Thank you frog. I assume you'll want the deed then?"
Kermit had forgotten about the deed for a moment.
Oh yeah, that deed thing. I was wondering if he'd forgotten about it. And then I forgot about it, too. I was too busy shivering.
"Kermit," Uncle Deadly said. "Thank you. For...For everything."
And there's those shivers again!

Kermit nodded and returned to the roof. He closed the door behind him. He didn't have time to react before the fist hit his face.
Wha-NO! KERMIT!!!!!!!!!! I honestly did a double take the first time I read this. It didn't quite hit me what had happened. I mean, it hit me, but I guess I didn't believe it, because I immediately read that last sentence again, and then I reacted. And my heart is all the way up in my throat! KERRRRRRRRRRRMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fozzie kicked a can down the empty sidewalk. He passed a bald man with a goutee. Fozzie turned as he walked away. "Nah." He muttered. And continued down the sidewalk.
Oz?

He sat on a bench next to a pile of newspapers. He reached into his hobo pack and took out his harmonica and began to play. It was a sad song. Fozzie hadn't had time for happiness any more.
I'm not crying. ...yet... Oh, Fozzie, you just shouldn't be a hobo, not at all, and you should have all the time in the world for happiness...

"Sorry. It's just that, I don't have any where else to stay. And I thought I'd sleep here. But if you don't want me I'll leave." He grabbed his hobo pack and began to leave.
And he's still so Fozzie-ish! So... wanting to please, and... aw, Fozzie.

The girl sighed. "Never mind. You can stay." She sat up. "Name's Lisa." She extended her hand.
Hey, it's me! Cool! Hey wait a second, what am I doing on a park bench? Aw who cares, I'm talking to Fozzie!

"The music was really pretty. And...maybe...I could sing to it?"

"Sure!" Fozzie said he pulled out his harmonica again and started to play.
Oh good, I'm being nice to him. And I get to sing! How cool.

Lisa listened to the melody. She knew this song. It meant alot to her. More than can be imagined.
It does mean a lot to me! In fact, it's a little ironic... I was very seriously considering having it in "Summer in the Theater"... oh great, now I'm shivering again. Why'd I have to go and think about it?

A tall figure with a brown beard sat across the street holding a newspaper. It would have been a strange sight for anyone to see, especially at 11:00pm at night. To make it stranger, the figure was thought dead.
Dear lord. Is this who I think it is? I think it is who I think it is. And... oh, dear lord...

The figure watched and listened. It was after all his favorite song. Sung at his funeral.
<shiver> It IS who I think it is. JIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIM! <shiver>

So, to sum up my reaction to this chapter in a single word: <shiver>. But in more than one word: Absolutely amazing, I'm still shivering, and just... so... wow. prawncracker, this is incredible.
Now write some more and tell me what <insert derogatory name of choice here> had the <insert derogatory word of choice here> to hurt my Kermit! Ugh, and if I get my filthy litttle hands on whoever it is..... :mad:!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow.......I've got chills. I love the interaction between Sam, Beau and Rizzo. I really love the scene with Uncle Deadly and Kermit. It's so heartwarming and it makes Uncle Deadly seem more real somehow. But the part that got me the most was

Whoa. Chills. I'm amazed. Please give us some more!

Just J

Reaction score
I too really liked Sam's "Benedict Arnold!". Very appropriate for good old Sam.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Time to answer some questions!!!

TogetherAgain said:
Yep.

TogetherAgain...again...:p said:
Hey, it's me! Cool! Hey wait a second, what am I doing on a park bench?
OH! You're gonna find out Lisa! Have no fear! Consider your role in this fan-fic a gift to you for always being the first one to any of my stories. And being the most prominent reader of any fan-fic on this site. Much love to ya.

Everyone said:
I loved Sam's Benidict Arnold!
Thank goodness! I was so worried that no one would like that when I posted it, but I really wanted to post it and oh! I'm so happy now!

redboobergurl(it would be so much easier just to type Beth...) said:
Please give us some more!
Is coming is coming! In my next post actually...:big_grin:

P.S.: Lisa, I love these detailed reviews you give it really makes my day!

P.P.S.: Make sure ya'll read the names of the quotees(sp?) you might get a laugh.