Fan Fic - Visions, but only illusions...

Beauregard

Reaction score
*frowny face*

You know...that stunned silence is really getting to me now *twitches*

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I won't give you stunned silence! That was a great chapter, maybe the best chapter so far! I loved the appearance of Darla, Marla and Carla! What is Nicky Holiday without them? And the ghosts, so scary! I think the line that touched me the most was Gonzo saying "you don't have to anymore, I'll do it for you" to Fozzie when he broke down. I'm on the edge of my seat!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Woo-Hoo! Best chapter yet Bo!

OK, the addition of Carla and Darla, and an explanation of where Marla is was great to see.
But who were the others? The short man? The tattooed driver?

And the last segment... Whoa, what a great ghastly sight.
Some of your best stuff. Love the near-fight between Gonzo and the ghosts. And the lead creature lighting a lone match to illuminate his shadowed silhouette.
Great stuff Bo.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Whoa! This is getting better by the day! I love Gonzo and Fozzie's heartfelt relationship. And I'm still dyeing to know who the ghosts are! I think I might, but I'm not sure...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Finally! Some answers....and yet more questians...

__

A flickering flame. Blue skin. Triangle eyes, slanting inwards. A long face, long mouth, scattered with sharp yellow teeth. There were growths of a beard, or skin, along his chin. The hand holding the match was scaled, with claws. A dirty black suit was holed and patched. There were bullet-like holes in his shirt, a thin tie. Bandaged feet with three clawed-toes stepped forward. A thick tail flicked side to side. The apparition moved in close, its nostrils flaring as it inhaled Gonzo’s smell.

A rasping voice called for a candle. Gonzo felt stale breath on his face.

A smell of wax, then the candle was lit. And another, and another. Flame light filled the empty cement truck, and Gonzo gazed at the faces around him. Scowling monsters.

“Who are you?” Gonzo heard himself asking.

The blue creature stepped back. “I am the one known as Uncle Deadly,” the creature answered. “And these, are my ghosts.” A drip of wax dropped onto the floor.

Gonzo leant against the edge of the mixer. he spoke again. “Why are you here?”

The one who had been holding him got up. “We are here to get rid of you,” he said in a booming voice.

“Pipe down, Angel Marie,” Uncle Deadly hissed. To Gonzo, he said, “First answer me this, why are you here?”

“I…” Gonzo licked his lips. His mouth had gone dry.

Uncle Deadly cracked his knuckles. “He can’t speak, take him away.”

“No wait!”

They grabbed him. Hundreds of hands touching him, and dragging him from his home. “Put me down! Let me go!” Gonzo punched and kicked. His hand smacked something soft, his toe hit something hard. Uncle Deadly directed them out, and pointed into the distance. Gonzo head hit the edge of his truck. All went black.

*^*^*^*

Their lair was a dugout below broken glass and shingle. Gonzo awoke surrounded by unfamiliar faces, flame-touch light, and weird images and statues and cave drawings. A large black cook pot stood in the centre of thee room, bubbling over a fire that sent shadows onto all walls, making the very cracks and dirt alive.

Uncle Deadly sat cross-legged before him, the firelight playing with his features. “Do you want to talk now? Or later?”

Gonzo felt dizzy. “I already did…” he said. “I wanted to talk before, and I…”

Other monsters were seated around the room. Angel Marie, Gonzo remembered his name. There was a huge shaggy monster, with yellow glowing eyes. It was chewing its nails and spitting. A creature that looked somewhat like a goat with a snapped horn was whispering to something green with eyes peeking from its hat.

“I live here,” Gonzo said. “On this site. It’s my home.”

The monsters roared with laughter. Uncle Deadly silenced them with a look. The shaggy monster spat a fingernail at the fire. The fire hissed.

“This is our home, cutie,” Uncle Deadly said, stroking his chin. “Not yours, ours.”

“Yeah, well, I live here too,” Gonzo said. He struggled against the harsh ropes that tied his hands together behind his back.

“So true,” Uncle Deadly said. “But would you die here?”

“What?”

“Forget it.” Uncle Deadly stood, and stirred the pot. He lifted a spoonful to his mouth and sipped. He clicked his fingers, and indicated to serve up. An alligator like purple creature ladled liquid into wooden bowls.

“Who were those men?” Uncle Deadly said. “Friends of yours?”

It took Gonzo a moment to realise the interrogation had begun again. He shook his head hard. “I don’t know,” he said. “Who they are.”

“Oh really?”

The monsters mocked. “Oh really? Really… Oh! Can this be true?”

Uncle Deadly snapped his fingers again. A small crustacean slithered from a corner, and clacked its claws together. “Polly, make him comfortable.”

Clack, click. The claws bit shut near his fingers, cutting the ropes. A bowl was placed into his hand, a rough wooden spoon in his fingers.

“Eat well,” Uncle Deadly said.

*^*^*^*

“Gonzo, wake up. Gonzo?”

Gonzo leapt to his feet, grabbed Fozzie, shoved him against the wall of his truck. Wait…Fozzie? Gonzo stepped back. “Fozzie?”

Fozzie chocked, and pulled Gonzo fingers off his neck. “It’s me, it’s me.”

Gonzo let him go. He started pacing. “Where are the ghosts? They were here. Last night. The ghosts came to me. They were right here.”

Fozzie started forward. “Not now,” he said. “More important. The men are here.”

“The men,” Gonzo said. “They wanted to know about the men.”

*^*^*^*

They crouched and watched. Nicky Holiday was back, and he had others with him. The two ladies, the thin boned man. The tattooed driver was in the truck, the others had walked closer. “Over this way,” Nicky said, waving.

Gonzo noticed another motorbike. And another dude. Tall, purple, with thick dreadlocks, talking on a mobile. “No, I’m tellin’ you that you gotta get me that permission, an’ get it fast. Before end of today. Alright. Now get off my line.” The purple dude shut his phone, and joined the others.

“Cliff,” Nicky said. “Like I said, a way in. You want to take a look around?”

Clifford examined the bent wire. “Sure, why not.” They bent it up further, and ducked under. The women in their clunky shoes followed, complaining.

“Let’s move,” Gonzo said, shoving Fozzie with his elbow. The group were headed towards them. They scrambled back, keeping low behind building surplus.

“And this whole area could be razed, we’d start from scratch, have underground….” Nicky moved away, his voice trailing out of hearing range.

“Oh no,” Fozzie said.

“Come on.” Gonzo grabbed his hand. “Let’s go after them.”

And let's follow them too....in the next section...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Awesome! Truly awesome! I'm so glad UD and Sweetums got in there! And Clifford! This might be my favorite chapter so far!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Vunderbah!! Oh man, such a great chapter.
Uncle Deadly as the leader of the ghosts... Sweetums, if the big shaggy one chewing his nails was him, Clueless Morgan, Polly Lobster, Angel Marie, the Purple Hunchback Frackle... And was the little green one with his eyes looking out through his hat Mad Monty?
But the scene in their underground cavern... Simply marvelous and so vonderfully done Bo.
And then... to see Clifford... Oh man, what's next Bo?
More story please. *Grabs wooden bowl from phantom cupboard.

*Begging with knees bent. Please sir, could we have some more?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I am glad you appreciated teh monster moment. It was indeed you i was thinking of while writing it. Be prepared to meet more monsters in the next few chapters. Yes, it ws Mad Monty.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Good job Beau. I only wish people were replying to my thread as much as yours to get some feed back.

ryan