1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Fan Mail

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Muppetfreak, Nov 20, 2002.

1. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Tell us if you hear anything back from the performers at that address! Good Luck!

2. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

Will do Galagr... Posting them tomorrow :)

galagr likes this.
  3. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

That'll be cool! I also would love to see the Zoot and Beau one as well!

4. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I sent letters to all the Muppeteers at the set of "The Muppets...Again!" on April 5th. As you may or may not know, that was 10 days before they wrapped things up. I live in the U.S., and I imagine that mailing a letter from the U.S. to the U.K. would take some time. As you may imagine, I found the news rather disappointing, as I had not heard anything back at all.
    (sigh)

Remember when it was easy? When you could simply send a letter to the Jim Henson Company and about 80% of the time you would hear something back from them? Remember those days? I don't, because then I would have taken every chance to write to them. This is so frustrating...

5. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

The best way would probably be through the Sesame Workshop adress. I believe that one worked for most people. I haven't gotten anything back yet though. I sent one b'out a month ago.

Matt Vogel was very quick to send me a postcard back. I really appreciated that. :)

galagr likes this.
  6. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll have to try that. I guess we'll have to share results if we get anything back. Unfortunately, I wasn't around in the heyday of Muppet autograph collecting. No Jim Henson Company or Muppetfest for galagr...

MissMusical12 and muppetlover123 like this.
  7. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I missed those days too. :sigh:

galagr likes this.
  8. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Same here i feel your pain

galagr likes this.
  9. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Sent out to Steve today at Sesame Workshop address. Every throbbing vein in my heart hopes I get something back.

You see, I know Sesame Workshop has been pretty good with fan mail in the past. They used to pass mail on to Kevin Clash and Jerry Nelson, and they still do with Fran Brill and Leslie Carrara Rudolph. But, I've never seen anyone get anything back from Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobson, Matt Vogel, or David Rudman. Although, I did see someone hear back from Steve....

in 2006. :p

10. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

Good luck i would love to hear back from steve...

galagr likes this.
  11. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this question, but;

Did anyone receive anything back yet?

muppetlover123 likes this.
  12. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I used the Sesame Workshop address about two months ago and there has been nothing back. Of course, seeing that it was addressed to Steve, I doubt there will be anything until he goes back to do some Ernie stuff.

Or if my worst fears are confirmed, it's sitting in the dead letter office because I didn't address it properly. It's hard to address a letter for overseas. :(

13. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

It will take a while for the Muppeteers. It usually takes over a year to hear back from them. Don't give up hope.

On another note, what address did you send it to, and why don't you think you addressed it properly?

14. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

I used this one:

Sesame Street
    Sesame Workshop
    One Lincoln Plaza, Fl 2,
    New York, NY 10023

I wrote it on the envelope exactly like that. However in Australia, the scanners like to read things in a certain way and I'm dreading the fact that it may have rejected the letter.

15. Muppetlab

Muppetlab Well-Known Member

The only muppeteer with muppet photos i have are Kevin Clash with Elmo and Peter Linz with Walter.
    The rest i have are of the characters only.

The Clash one i got from writing to the sesame address and peters was in person

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  16. RaggMopp1987

RaggMopp1987 New Member

Hmm interesting, thanks dwayne1115!

That's a bummer LeahXZoot, I would love to have a picture of Steve or one of his Muppets!

LeahXZoot4Evur likes this.
  17. LeahXZoot4Evur

LeahXZoot4Evur Well-Known Member

I asked Steve for an autograph from the Electric Mayhem and their Muppeteers, including Lips and him!

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  18. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

It's really a shame that aren't any more reliable addresses for the Muppet performers anymore.

Back in the Henson days, you could just write and there'd be a 95% chance of getting something back. But those days are gone. It's basically impossible to write to them know. that's coming from me, and I know Bill Barrettas' home address.

AND I STILL HAVEN'T HEARD ANYTHING BACK

19. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Henson use to be really cool, and I kind of made friends with some of there mail people.
    I Still say Sesame Workshop is the best place to get in touch with a Muppeter. However I myself have never tried it. What I'm going to do is I'm going to use the addresses that we have with the exception of Henson, and write both Disney and Sesame to see if I can get an autograph from one Muppet, and one Muppeter from each. That way I'll be able to see who sends what and how fast. I'll keep everyone updated on how this little test goes. First I will be constructing the letter, it will be the same letter but the names will change.
    For Sesame I'm going to send a letter to Grover, and to Eric Jacobson, and for Disney I'm going to send a letter to Kermit, and to Steve Whitmire. These are two of the more popular Muppets and performers, so it should interesting on what kind of response I get.

20. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Dwayne, I'm gonna tell you, you will not hear a thing back from Disney. I've seen the way they handle their fan mail and....bleh. You wouldn't believe it.

However, it's in my nature to wish you good luck anyway. Who knows? Maybe they've changed since the last time I visited.