1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fan Mail

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Muppetfreak, Nov 20, 2002.

1. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Hmmmmm, touche. :) But seriously, maybe they don't even expect letters anymore, or only accept bussines related E-mails.
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

that must have over the years changed. because I use to send e mail to Henson.com all the time even got a reply once from Frank Oz when we had learned he was sick. It was a stranded reply letter but none the less it was a reply. I would also e mail Henson when I wanted an autograph and they would send a reply that they where going to forward it to the right people. So unless things have changed that's what I have always done.
  3. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I too got some answers via email back in the day, and also got sent an autograph of the Chef (which they offered me as consolation for not passing on my story idea...yes, I was that naieve.)
  4. dwayne1115

ya I never really got into getting a lot of the Muppeter's autographs but would rather have the Muppet's themselves. I got a nice picture of Kermit and a group picture with Fozzie's signature and they would always come with a nice letter from Henson with there official letterhead.
    My how times have changed Henson use to be so approachable and I just don't think Disney is. last month I sent Disney a note about Muppet Show seasons 4-5 I got a nice reply but when I replied to that one (which they said I could do in the E-mail) I have heard nothing back. I was trying to reach out as a fan to see what could be done as fans to get that released but I have heard nothing.
    Now I have never e-mailed or written to Sesame, but I think that that would really be the right place to go at this point. It would seem that almost all the Muppeters are working in some way on SST at least once a year (Even Frank Oz) So I Think that that would be the best place to write the Muppeters. I'm going to see what will happen if i request an autograph of Kermit when writing to Disney and see what happens. I will keep you all posted......
  5. dwayne1115

Here we go, Now i just received the correct address to request an autograph from Kermit and I'm pretty sure it would be the same for Steve and the Muppeters as well.

The Walt Disney Studios
    500 S. Buena Vista Street
    Burbank, CA 91521-3603

I'm going to write up 2 letters and see what happens I'm going to write one to Kermit and then one to Steve and see what happens. do you think I should send them separately or together.
    galagr likes this.
  6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

You better ask Sesame Workshop first.
    I got this address from Dave LaMattina, Director of I AM BIG BIRD and he said this is the best address to contact him
    Sesame Workshop
    1900 Broadway, 4th Floor
    New York, NY, 10023
    I suggest you send him an email through Iambigbird.com and ask him if Carroll can do that for you.
  7. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I actually sent Carrol a letter a year ago but never got a response.
  8. Muppet fan 123

You sent it to this address? I was always given a differrent address by everyone, this was the first time I got this address.
  9. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

I did actually. I just assume Carrol isn't by the office often anymore to pick up fan mail as frequently.
  10. Muppet fan 123

Actually, I think they foward it to him, I don't think Frank or Jerry come to pick up fan mail.
  11. catherine

catherine Active Member

I would love that too, having an autograph from the muppets.
  12. Fraggline

Fraggline Active Member

To all of you who have received autographs--that's soooo awesome!!!! @DannyRWW: I don't know what would happen to my sister if she received an autograph from Steve Whitmire and Kermit. :)
    And I wish everyone the best of luck in sending fan mail and getting autographed posters! And persistence pays.
    I don't really have any autographs or anything, but I practically died from excitement the day I received an email back from Jocelyn Stevenson. I dream of writing for Muppet books and television shows, and she gave me encouragement and told me about writing for Cantus on Fraggle Rock! :sigh: Just thinking about it makes me smile...
  13. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Seeing all of these posts about how all of you managed to get autographed photos from all these puppeteers make me think about when I was in 6th grade, and I sent a letter to Sesame Workshop, to see if they could try to produce several items I had in mind, and to send me a copy of each product once they were made (here we are 6 years, and I'm thinking to myself "Sheesh, did I really ask them to do that??"). Eventually I got a letter back from them saying they couldn't really send me those items (considering that they're a non proftit organization, as we all know), but on the other hand, they WERE able to send me a few autographed photos. Sure enough I found 3 of them in the envelope: one of Oscar :grouchy:, one of Ernie :p, and one of The Count :batty:. In fact, I just found them while cleaning up in my room the other, and now I'm putting them somewhere a lot more safe (as we all know, they could be worth a lot someday).
  14. catherine

catherine Active Member

what if you sent a fan mail to dave goelz? would he get it? or would you have to wait sometime?
  15. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Let me just say I would sooner write to the Henson Company and Sesame Street Workshop before I'd write to Disney. God knows what Disney does with fan mail probably burns it out in their backlot studios. I sent two letters together one for Steve and one for Kermit to Disney back in May now given I know it's recent and probably will take who knows how long to get a response but I really regret sending it to Disney now.

I just feel Henson or Sesame Street seems to make more of an effort to see that fanmail gets to the right people.
  16. Pinkflower7783

Although send your fanmail to Steve and Eric fast as their gonna be heading to Canada soon for the Just For Laughs Festival. LOL!
  17. catherine

catherine Active Member

thanks for the information.
  18. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I sent a letter to Steve back in September.... :sympathy:
  19. Pinkflower7783

Did you send yours to Disney?
  20. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Um, I think... I've sent letters before but they always come back saying "Invalid address." This one hasn't. Yet. :)