1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fan Mail

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Muppetfreak, Nov 20, 2002.

1. BlueAM

BlueAM New Member

So I wrote to Chris Cerf two years ago and he sent me back this signed collage I made featuring Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats, The Beetles, Bruce Stringbean, How Now Brown and the Moo Wave, Dr. Thad and the Medications, and the "One Way" lead singer. Quite the SS Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame, I must say....

And a few days later, I heard from Jerry Nelson for the second time since I last wrote to him. Like with Chris, I sent him a collage I made, but this one had Baby Rocky, Mr. Chatterly, Nick Normal and the Nickmatics and Lord Hog (the London Hog), and it came back signed!

Earlier this year, I wrote to Amy Van Gilder, and she sent me back this image I found on Muppet Wiki of her with assorted TMS folk (Gonzo, Uncle Deadly, Animal, etc.) signed, a nice letter, AND an image of the Grasshopper from the Bernadette Peters episode of TMS!

I've also sent fan mail and e-mail to voice actors since 2003, and here's the list:

Nancy Cartwright
    E.G. Daily
    June Foray
    Tara Strong
    Corey Burton
    Katie Leigh
    Maurice LaMarche
    Kath Soucie
    Cheryl Chase
    Jennifer Hale
    Frank Welker
    Michael Bell
    Grey Delisle

BlueAM
    Fraggline likes this.
  2. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

So I want to get my copy of Caroll Spinney's book (as well as the 40th anniversary book) signed by him but it looks like I'll never really get the chance to meet him personally, so I want to send him my two books for him to sign. So my question is, would it be acceptable for SW to give it to him if I packed the two books up in a package with a letter and asked him to sign it? Anyone who's done it before, how long would it take?
  3. Lily

Lily New Member

....I have never gotten the gumption to try and write fan mail but...after reading all of your comments here about it - I shall!! /flex

I"ll post here if I hear anything...so excited now!! :D
  4. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

So anyone know where we write to these days to get autographs of Muppets/puppeteers? I really would love a Walter autographed picture to hang on the wall. Astudent got me a Kermit one years ago (Signed as Kermit and Steve WHitmire)
    Telly likes this.
  5. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

Does anyone know if the above adress for Dave Golez is still current? I want to ask him for a photo of the Fraggle Five.
  6. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Which is the best place to write to get a picture of Kermit? I know they don't have a shortage of those! XP
  7. meepmuppaphones

meepmuppaphones Active Member

Few questions.

1. What addresses do I send the letters to for the respective puppeteers (I'd like to write to Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, and Steve Whitmire)
    2. If I send it to Frank Oz and Jerry Nelson, will they give me signed photos of Muppets or themselves (I mean, they are retired and everything...)?
    3. Would they give me photos of some characters that aren't that main character-ish (ex. Lew Zealand, Sam the Eagle, Crazy Harry, etc.)

Thanks!
  8. Pinkflower7783

Does anyone know where the best place to write to Steve is? I'd love to get an autograph picture of Kermit or heck just even a Kermit photo.
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  9. KermieBaby47

KermieBaby47 Well-Known Member

I'd love to know as well. I'm thinking about calling Disney and asking them, maybe I'll run the address in post #541 above by them and see if that's still current.

There's got to be an easy way to get fanmail to our favorite Muppeteers and Muppets!! :D
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  10. Pinkflower7783

I know! The chances of me ever meeting them in person are well...slim to none so a picture is about as close as I can get! Plus I'd love to be able to tell Steve what a great job he does with Kermit. :)
    KermieBaby47 likes this.
  11. SwedishTech

SwedishTech Member

Can't wait to try out these addresses. Really wish we had some updated addys for all of the different Muppeteers! :) Wish me luck!!!

:hungry:
  12. Pinkflower7783

I know! Anyone have any updated addresses? Better start writing now before they get super busy with the new movie!
  13. andrew

andrew New Member

Hello all! Does anyone know the best address to send fanmail to Brian Henson? Thanks!
  14. Pinkflower7783

I'm assuming that would be the Jim Henson Company you'd wanna write to.

This is the address I got off the website:
    Hollywood: Company Headquarters
    1416 North LaBrea Ave.
    Hollywood, CA 90028
  15. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can write to/contact Bill Barretta? I have been searching the web several times over and still no adress. Could anyone help me? :concern:
  16. Pinkflower7783

I know he has a twitter account. Probably the best way to write him though is maybe the Jim Henson Company. The address is above somewhere. I wrote to Steve Whitmire through Disney although that probably wasn't the smartest thing as who knows how Disney handles fanmail. I don't really think Disney would make any effort to make sure letters get to puppeteers so I might even write another one to the Jim Henson Company.
    galagr likes this.
  17. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Thanks, I actually sent out three letters to the Walt Disney Company today, so hopefully I'll hear back in six months :rolleyes:. I will definitley be writing to the Jim Henson Co. though.
  18. Pinkflower7783

I just wrote one to Steve the beginning of last month so I don't expect to hear anything back from him if anything for a long while. I know someone on here wrote to him last August and still has yet to recieve anything. :/ I think it's mostly busyness though. Even though the movie is long gone in the theaters their still keeping busy making apperances at certain events. I know Steve and Bill were just recently in London promoting the DVD release there. And their set to appear in Canada next month at the Just For Laughs Festival... so ehh looks like their not taking a break anytime soon. :S
  19. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Don't mean to burst your bubble ( it already burst mine ). But, I just checked the JHC website, and it said:

"In order to meet our production deadlines, we are not able to respond to non-business emails."
    So much for that. :(

I hope Steve responds to your letter!
  20. Pinkflower7783

It said "E-mails" though not hand written letters.