1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fan Mail

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Muppetfreak, Nov 20, 2002.

1. DrmaticEmphasis

DrmaticEmphasis New Member

Collecting Signatures... possible?

I have a question for everyone...

I am going to the Steve Whitmire lecture/workshop in a few weeks. I wanted to find something I could have him sign. I was originally thinking or buying a stuffed Rizzo and having him sign the shirt...

but then I thought if I bought something like THIS
    had him sign it, and then sent it on to other Muppeteers... It would be the most amazing possession ever.

HOWEVER, and here is my question... If I sent something to get signed to Dave Goelz, or Jerry Nelson, or Frank Oz... would it just get lost forever under a pile of fanmail, and there goes both my picture and my Steve Whitmire signature...

What do you think?
  2. RomanaFraggle

RomanaFraggle Member

Hello.. I'm sort of new around here, and I was wondering (although this question was probably asked a thousand times), does anyone know the proper address to send fanmail to Steve Whitmire?

I tried to send him a letter sometime in November, but it got sent back to me with a big red (cruel) "Return to Sender" stamp on it. I probably had the wrong address.. could someone give me a hand?
  3. FletchySRF3088

FletchySRF3088 Active Member

Yello there. I'm kinda new here too. Just been looking a bit through this thread and I was wondering if anyone knows the address to send fan mail to David Rudman?
  4. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Hey vaati64, I'm not sure how often you check this thread but if you come across this would you mind telling me the address via PMing, too? Thanks a bunch. :)

I know this is a very late reply but no, it isn't impossible. :) I've written to a few muppeteers in my time and have been successful. I'd like to tell you specifically how long it too for them to reply but it was four years ago and I completely forgot :o (I think it took a month or so). I say give it a shot, and I wish you all the best!
  5. KingR76

KingR76 Active Member

Is this something you could help me with as well, please?
  6. vaati64

vaati64 Member

Absolutely! Right now, I'm in Disneyland and don't have the address with me, but when I get home I will send you the address.:)
  7. KingR76

KingR76 Active Member

Cool. I hope you're having/had a good time, cannot wait :D
  8. Hello,

How do I request an autograph from Sesame Street Muppeteers (Frank Oz, Caroll Spinney, Jerry Nelson, Fran Brill, Martin P. Robinson, and maybe a few others)? Do I send them letters or emails (if they have emails)? If I send them letters, do I need to include self-addressed stamped envelopes?

Thank you very much!

CookieCountDawn
  9. I received an autograph of Prairie Dawn from Fran Brill today! :excited: YAY! I love Prairie Dawn!

I am planning on sending fan mail to Caroll Spinney, Fran Brill, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, and Kevin Clash later this year.
  10. MuppetLabsBoy

MuppetLabsBoy Member

Very cool!:) Where did you send it to?:confused:
  11. hey kiki,
    I'm an aussie too and would really like to write to Steve Whitmire and perhaps get a photo of wembley, but I've never sent overseas mail. Does it cost? Also, could you inbox me an address to send it to? Cheers!
  12. I have not sent any real fan mail yet, but when I do I will send them to:

One Lincoln Plaza
    New York, N.Y. 10023

Frank
  13. GoboDeadly95

GoboDeadly95 Active Member

Steve Whitmire?

I'd absolutely adore sending him fan mail! I'm new to Muppet Central but I've been a big fan since I was really little. I just recently had a big accident that resulted in lack of mobility in my right hand and once I get it back I want to write a fan letter to him because when I do my thearapy I always watch Fraggle Rock. :coy::smirk: I'm such a Fraggle Nerd. :)
    Thanks a bunch,
    GoboDeadly
  14. I haven't sent any Muppeteers fan mail, but I may try sending some to Steve Whitmire , Jerry Nelson and Dave Goelz in the near future.

The only celebrity I've ever sent fan mail to was Brian Donovan, announcer for the now cancelled US Jetix block and voice actor for Rock Lee from the English dubbed Naruto anime. He is quite the awesome guy. I didn't even need to ask for an autograph and he sent me one anyway. To thank him, I drew him a picture last year as a Christmas present and he actually replied to me a second time to tell me how much he liked my drawing.

He was extremely polite and responded much more quickly that I would have expected. I wasn't even expecting a reply to begin with. A friend of mine had told me stories of experiences she'd had at anime conventions with VAs who were less than friendly and admitted they were only there to sign autographs for the $20 they were charging, so it was nice to see there's some celebrities out there who appreciate their fans.
  15. HamHock

HamHock Member

Does anyone know the address to send fan mail to Frank Oz, Eric Jacobson or Kathryn ullen?
  16. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Anyone know where to send Frank Oz fanmail? I'd love to write to him.
  17. MuppetLabsBoy

MuppetLabsBoy Member

I sent Frank Oz a fan letter requesting a signed photo along with a self addressed stamped envelope. He mailed me back two photos of Fozzie:o and Cookie Monster:insatiable: personalized to me. I sent it to:

Children's Television Workshop
    One Lincoln Plaza
    New York, NY 10023
    USA

Please note that it might take several months to get a reply. If you are wondering about other celebrities (not Muppet related),
    www.movieeye.com is very good.

Hope that helps,
    MLB:eek:
  18. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

Oh wow! Thank you so much! I'm going to write to him tonight before I go to bed. I wont expect a quick reply, of course, but any reply will make my day, that's for sure. :insatiable:
  19. HamHock

HamHock Member

20. Canadian Fan

Canadian Fan Member

I'd love to write some letters requesting autographs, but being in Canada, it gets pretty expensive to send 'International Reply Coupons' with every letter, not to mention the postage to the U.S.

I have gotten a few autographs in the past, it's been a couple of years since I wrote fan letters. I'd love to have autographs from Steve Whitmire, Eric Jacobson, Matt Vogel, David Rudman, Dave Goelz, and Bill Barretta. I know I could use the Sesame Street address for some of them.

I was on Fanmail biz and someone gotten a reply from Dave Goelz from this address within the last month:

Muppet Studios
    350 South Buena Vista St.
    Burbank, CA 91521