FanFic: Is That A Song There?

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Wow three chapters! Who knew mondays could be good. Thanks for making mine better. :smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty Nine

Everyone was sitting around, eating breakfast and the like, wilst Piggy kept making smooching faces at Kermit the whole time. Dr. Teeth and Floyd were talking away about the music in next weeks show, and Skeeter and Sadie were finishing up cleaning the kitchen, talking to themselves. They ate breakfast first.

"What would have caused him to act like that....he put himself in so much danger, Skeeter." She asked her daughter, as she scrubbed the oatmeal out of the pot, her long hair tied back in a ponytail.

Skeeter didn't want to say anything, but Sadie had stopped scrubbing and looked straight at her. "Skeeter? Maybe I should be a bit more blunt. Do you have any idea why he tried to kill himself?"

She said that last part a little too loudly, and everyone stopped to hear what Skeeter had to say, even Piggy turned away from Kermit to hear it.

"He felt guilty for Nancy's death, that's why." She said somewhat simply, no real expression at all, as she set more bowls in the hot, soapy water. She dried her hands off, and started to walk towards the stairs. "I'm going to go check up on him, okay?" She laughed softly, trying to make light of something, get something moving again, it was like the world seemed to stop for a moment in her eyes. "You know, make sure he didn't try to drown himself in the bathtub or something."

Walking up the stairs, she heard singing from the bathroom. She opened the door slowly, it got louder, and she grabbed a back scrubber from the rack beside the shower stall.

Scooter was singing quite exrubently, laughing a bit as he sang. "...If I can borrow a coat to wear, oh, I'd step out in style. With my sincere smile, and my dancing bear! Outrageous, alarming, Courageous, cha-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" He doubled over in laugher, as Skeeter shoved the back scrubber over into the shower stall suddenly, rubbing his head with it.

"GOT YOU!!!" Skeeter laughed so hard, still scrubbing his head with the bath thing. "I got you, bro." She smugly smiled, as he shut off the water, and grabbed the towel. He stepped out of the stall, dripping wet, and he reached for his glasses.

They weren't on the sink anymore. He looked up and saw a streak of orange and red running down the hall.

"YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO CATCH ME BROTHER!!!" She wasn't sure why she was taunting him, but it sure was fun.

"Skeeter!!! Give me my glasses back!!!" He ran out of the hall, wearing only his towel, running after her. She ran down the stairs, and into the kitchen, still holding his glasses above her head, as if they were the enemies flag. She stopped at the island, and leaned over on it, smiling so brightly.

Scooter grabbed the railing and leapt down the stairs, two at a time, determined to get her, and get his glasses back. Everyone downstairs at the breakfast table watched this incredible farce happen before their very eyes.

Fozzie leaned over to Gonzo. "Have they gone crazy?" Gonzo laughed watching the two.

"Naw, this isn't crazy. This is just...fun." He laughed some more, watching them.

"Skeeter, give me my glasses!" He stood opposite her of the island, he started to look a bit angry, he couldn't see straight without them.

"You have to loosen up some, Scooter!! You're all tense, and angry. You're no fun anymore!"

"Fun? I'm plenty fun, I...I just want to get my glasses and get to work on some stuff for the theatre, for this weeks show."

"Work? You need to play, do something fun! Get away from that computer, and get out and DO SOMETHING. So what about the show!? Kermit's handled it fine without you before, hasn't he!?"

Kermit was about to say no, but Piggy interjected, smiling broadly. "Yes, Kermie's done fine without you, Scooter. Go and have some fun, do something just for yourself."

"Okay, I will. As soon as Skeeter here gives me my glasses." He smiled boardly, watching her closely. He wished she would go ahead and give him his glasses.

She smiled at him, wondering if he would really do something just for himself today. Then she smirked.

"You really want your glasses, bro?"

"Yes, please. I really want my glasses!"

"You really, really sure you want them?"

"YES! I want my glasses!! Give them to me!!"

She looked over at Fozzie and Gonzo, smirking. "Should I give it too him guys?" She was twirling his glasses over her head, smirking like the chesire cat now.

"Yeah, give it too him, Skeeter!!" Fozzie said, quite happily.

"Alright, I'll give it too him!" She suddenly reached behind her back and slammed a pie in his face for no apperent reason, then she placed his glasses in one hand, and a towel in the next.

"There, I gave them too you, Scooter. You happy now?" She said, very sweetly.

He shook the cream pie off of his face, and he stared at it. Then he started to smirk a bit, that smirk turned to a chuckle, then a full blown laugh.

"When you said...you'd give....it too me!!! You really let me...HAVE IT!!!!" He was laughing so hard just then, he really was so happy. He felt this weight of worry had been lifted off of him. He hugged his sister, still towel bound, laughing. She hugged him back, then patted him on the back.

"You know, running around in your towel might get somebody a bit bothered you know." She was giggling wildly then, laughing because Scooter was laughing, and because he was nearly butt naked at that point in the morning.

He rushed off to his room, still laughing over the cream pie incident. The darkeness over the boarding house seemed to be gone then. It was light, and it was very happy. Everyone enjoyed the rest of their breakfast in a clear peace, laughing all the while.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Thirty

Richard and Frank were putting up the last supports on the house, they were starting to go towards the kitchen, when they heard something odd from the basement.

"What do you suppose that noise is, Richard?" Frank looked down the stairwell, as Richard was installing the rest of the cabinets. Richard glanced down the stairwell as well, and he frowned.

"Probably just a rat or something. We'll get the exterminator stuff down there once we're done. I think I've seen some more roaches around here as well. Help me with this cabinet, would'ja?" He looked around, balancing the cabinet on his shoulders, he didn't see Frank at all. He then set the cabinet down on the table, and grabbed his screwdriver, brandishing it like a sword.

"Hey Frank...quit messing around. We need to get the house finished, and cleaned up, Gonzo's coming over here soon, ya know." He heard nothing down in that dark basement.

He heard some growling, and he looked around a little bit. "Hey....you rats get out of this basement, before I set out some stuff for you guys...." He was reffering to some rat poison he would set out later.

"Poison won't help you now, Richard...." An eerie voice said, it seeming to float away on the breeze. A grayed feminane figure appeared in front of him. "Leave this house now....leave.....leave it now...."

Richard gulped and shoved the screwdriver towards the spirit. "Where's Frank! Where is he!?"

The spirit laughed softly, as she crept closer to Richard, her long thin hair, intertwining with his own softly grayed curly hair. He backed up against the wall, getting more and more scared. He ran forward, or at least he tried to.

"Be peaceful now.....and leave this house......or you will suffer the same fate......." She laughed softly, a cruel playful undertone hinting in her voice.

-------------

Gonzo got off the phone, talking to Dave and Ryan. He was estatic. "Hey, guys!! The house is nearly done!! They've just gotta fix up the kitchen, and sweep up, and we can all go and check it out!!

The room rose in a great cheer. Piggy leapt up, and went to grab some of the special possesions that she had stored in her room, that originally came from the house. Fozzie, Scooter, and Kermit went to do the same thing. Then they piled it all into Gonzo's truck, and Fozzie's studebaker.

Gonzo, Scooter, and Skeeter got into Gonzo's truck, and they took off, with Fozzie not too far behind.

"Wow, I'm suprised they finished the house so quickly, Gonzo. What do you think pushed them to finish so fast?" Scooter asked, as they turned down Hunt street, going towards the house. They were about a 100 feet away, when they saw an ambulance roaring behind them, and speeding up to pass around them.

"Wonder where it's going?" Skeeter asked inncoently, not knowing of the larger problem that awaited them once they got to the house.

---------

Ryan was standing on the porch, with Dave sitting in the swing, watching the paramedics bring Richard and Frank out on stretchers. Both of them were in shock, but from what, nobody could figure out.

"Is there any underlaying health conditions that you know of your men having, Mr. Pracker?" The paramedic grilled Ryan, getting a bit frustrated.

"They have nothing wrong with them! Frank get's a lot of colds, and Richard has bad hay fever, but that's it!! They just get upper respirtary infections during the spring and summer, that's why we work in this terrible winter weather!"

"I see. We'll stay for awhile, until they get better. It shouldn't take more then 10 minutes, Mr. Pracker. Thank you for your cooperation."

Just then, Gonzo and Fozzie pulled up onto the lawn, and got out. Scooter was the first over to Dave.

"Hey, what happened over here?" He asked, getting worried.

Gonzo started to walk over to Ryan, and Kermit and Fozzie followed him. He didn't say anything, until the paramedics left to go tend to Richard and Frank.

"Do they know what happened?" Kermit asked, very worried for his friend. Ryan just shook his head, and walked over to the porch swing, and sat down beside Dave. Scooter and Skeeter sat on the railings of the porch, joined by Gonzo, while the others sat in front of the swing on the porch itself.

"They said they just went into shock, Ryan. What were they doing a while ago?" He thought for a moment. "Hey, Richard was putting up some cabinets, and Frank was putting in the appliances. They were both in the kitchen."

Kermit thought for a moment. "We should go into the kitchen then, and look around. They might have seen something."

Just then, Richard was struggling over by the paramedics to stand up and speak. He looked over at Ryan, and he ripped the oxygen mask off of his face, and sat up.

"Guys!! It...it was some kind of a ghost!!!"

Everyone looked at themselves, worried they might just meet an old friend of theirs. One they really didn't want to meet again.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I'll post more later in the morning, probably around 10 am or so. Also, please take care to read this thread.

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=22901&page=17

It will explain if I suddenly "disaapear" from these stories for awhile.

Thanks for staying with me and these stories....for this entire month.

*Laughs a bit realizing just how short of time she's written these stories in.* Thanks.

Love all,
ReneeLouvier (Sara Vines)

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Thirty One

The pale ghostly figure sat in the basement, watching from on top of the old boiler. It's hair was wild, untamed, and it's face was shaded from sight. It seemed to have no face whatsoever. It was waiting, for the right time to show itself right once more.

------------

Gonzo stepped inside the house, and walked back to the kitchen, seeing the door was open to the basement. It was one of two doors to it. The other one was in the nursery. He started down the steps, and he looked around, a flashlight in his hands.

"Is anyone down here? Hellooo?" He asked out, into the murkiness of the basement. Nothing responded to him. He sent the light casting over the entire basement, he saw a streak of gray flit up to the other staircase. He followed it, curious and wondering.

He stopped at the top edge of the stairs, it led into the nursery. Although Gonzo didn't know it, Scooter and Skeeter weren't far behind him.

"Gonzo! What are you doing!?" Scooter exclaimed, almost 3 feet behind him. Gonzo shot up like a rocket, clinging onto the hanging light above him, and looking down. He saw the twins standing there, watching him.

"Uh...I was about to go into the nursery, that's what...and uh...look out below!" He dropped down to the stairs again, but the old stairs couldn't take the force of weight, and the three of them tumbled down to the bottom in a heap.

"Oowww, your foots in my stomach, Skeeter!" Scooter moaned.

"Well, your jacket's zipper is caught in my shirt!" She exclaimed, while trying to get it undone without ripping her shirt up. Gonzo just crawled out from beneath both of them, and sat down beside them.

The spirit came down the stairs, softly, and it looked around. It was going to do more, then what it had planned, but instead it sat on the ground in front of them.

"You poor children." The spirit uttered, watching the twins argue and fuss, trying to untangle themselves.

Scooter and Skeeter immediately stopped and looked in front of themselves. Skeeter's eyes went wide, as she started to back away, dragging Scooter along with her.

"Hey, sis! Quit that!!" He tugged her arm, trying to get her to stop moving, and she finally did, once she hit the other wall. She was about to stand up, until the spirit came closer to her.

"Don't be afraid, it's only me....you should know me Skeeter." The spirit said quite softly, leaning in closely to Skeeter, it's face still shaded darker then the rest of her body.

Scooter looked the spirit closely all over, it seemed to be wearing a tight dress, and had long hair, which now was wild and untamed looking. He could see one thing that stood out, although it was gray shaded like the rest of the spirit, he could see it, clear as daylight.

A gunshot wound was above it's heart.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Read the thread and posted a reply, so make sure you check that out.

As for the story, great chapters! The scene with Scooter and Skeeter running around was hilarious! I can see that chaos unfolding!

And the spirit...whoa...chills, especially the line about a gunshot wound above the heart. Whoa....once again you have me on the edge of my seat!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Certainly hope everything goes well for you at the hospital Sara.
Uh, where exactly is this "dream" you spoke of? Is it woven into the story somewhere?

And as for these last two chapters...
The whole incident with the pie and Scooter in his towel was very amusing.
The guys are getting their things together to put back at the house... But a ghost?
Nancy? Would she rully be opposed to the Muppets she raised herself turning the house into something that'll benefit all children? Spooky stuff, especially since you temporarily took out two of the Muppeteers/workmen.
Hope for more soon, take care of yourself.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Thirty Two

Scooter pulled Skeeter's shirt out of the zipper of his jacket, quite forcefully, it heard and felt it rip underneath his hands.

"Hey...this was a really nice shirt of mine!!" She complained, as he just waved it off towards her, his eyes kept tight on the spirit. She watched him, wondering what he seemed to notice.

"Are you...Nancy?" He asked, curiously.

The spirit laughed gently, staring not at him, but at Skeeter. "Why child....you shouldn't truely remember me. I only met you once, do you remember? That day..." She said her voice lilting high and sharp, yet with a forceful tone to it.

Skeeter was standing up now, against the wall, she knew who it was, but she couldn't bring herself to say. She was frozen with fear. Scooter could feel his twin sister's fear, but he wasn't sure if it was because of knowledge, or the lack of knowledge that she was terrifed.

"You were shot, werent' you?" He said simply, wanting to know more about that wound he saw on her chest. He stepped forward, wanting to touch this spirit, and at the same time, Skeeter lashed out and grabbed him tightly towards her, while the spirit darted towards the other side of the room away from Scooter.

"Do not come any closer, please. Yes, I was shot. That is how I died. But...it is not why, but who that I seek. For they must know, they will be punished for what they did to us." As she spoke, another figure appeared beside her, a tall man, firm in jaw and body line, standing at ridgid attention all the while. He had a wound in the back of his head, you could see the hole had gone completely through it as well.

"...D..Dad?" Skeeter mumbled, watching the two spirits now, deathly afraid for herself and her brother's wellbeing. She looked over at Gonzo, who had left the room a few minutes before, he had gone to tell Kermit and the others what they had seen.

"Whatever you are....I don't think you'll find who you seek down here! It's just me and my sister, now...get out of this house!" Scooter was getting defensive of his sister, ready to try to fight if he had too, although he wasn't sure at all how to fight these otherworldly beings.

The man stepped forward, standing in front of Scooter now. He was easily twice Scooter's height, and nearly three times his strength. He glared down at Scooter, frowning.

"This him, Jess?" He said, his voice as cold as ice. The female spirit nodded, glaring down at him as well. "Right then."

Then only something Skeeter could imagine happened.

-----------

Scooter knelt down, feeling the spirit going into him, he fought to keep his consiousness alive, but it was too strong for him. Scooter stood up, and looked over at Skeeter, although it was his body, it wasn't him anymore.

"Skeeter? Why did you do this to us!? We did nothing to harm you, sweetheart!" Scooter/Spirit pleaded with her. He walked nearer towards her, his arms extended to her. She was terrifed now.

"Get out of my brother! I didn't do anything to you two!!!! Leave me alone, please!!" She was crouched into a small ball, her head ducked between her knees, about to start crying.

"But you did! You pulled that trigger, and you knew it was us!! The entire time!" He started to get angry, and Scooter/Spirit grabbed Skeeter in his hands, and hefted her above his head, although it was Scooter's body, he had the spirit's strength once more.

She was slung across the room, landing in a pile of boxes. She yelled out loudly, to whoever would hear it.

"HELP ME!!! SOMEBODY GET DOWN HERE AND HELP ME PLEASE!!!!"

Scooter smirked, watching her. "You always were a crybaby, Skeeter. What did you tell them, when they found out you had left the military, just a crying little brat!? You would have died the first day you went out onto the field. You know, that's why we only picked you."

"You...you don't mean that. You didn't get my brother, because Jessica said you had no room for him!"

"Heh. She only said that because your pitiful brother was too weak. He would have died at home, during the training. I'm suprised you lasted through that. You were tougher then we thought at first. But, you've gone soft, since you ran away."

"...My brother is not pitiful. He's strong, and he has a strong mind!"

"Then why is this body dying as we speak? I can feel his spirit loosening from my own, his body is giving up the fight. I tried to get him at the theatre, but his will was too strong. I had to convince him..."

"Convince him..?" She was stunned, watching her father speak through her brother.

"Yes! With such a strong mind, why would he go out into the frigid night without any protection? A man of his mettle would have at least brought his jacket with him. Or did you think your brother was that out of mind at the time?"

She frowned, and wanted to fight him, but she didn't want to hurt her brother. She was shaking with anger, and was circling Scooter as he spoke.

"Go on, fight me. You've always wanted this. Fight fair and hard, I've always taught you. But then, you decided to fight dirty one night, and that is why I'll never go away. I'll always find someone to inhabit, to taunt, to torture. And the best of all, I'll be getting you the best this night..."

She stopped circling, listening to him speak. She was getting even more afraid of what he meant, her mind reeling from what she felt in her heart to be true. Being twins means something more then just the same thoughts sometimes, it meant...they could feel the other's pain. She was silent, watching closely. He stepped back some, and smirked at her.

"The moment I vacate his body, he'll be dead. Right now, I'm the only thing keeping him alive."

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
The Dream that I Had.

The Count said:
Well... Certainly hope everything goes well for you at the hospital Sara.
Uh, where exactly is this "dream" you spoke of? Is it woven into the story somewhere?

And as for these last two chapters...
The whole incident with the pie and Scooter in his towel was very amusing.
The guys are getting their things together to put back at the house... But a ghost?
Nancy? Would she rully be opposed to the Muppets she raised herself turning the house into something that'll benefit all children? Spooky stuff, especially since you temporarily took out two of the Muppeteers/workmen.
Hope for more soon, take care of yourself.
I've just decided to repost the dream for your help, Ed. :big_grin:

ReneeLouvier said:
------
I've been having a dream for the past week. I had finished up my stories and had them bound in a bookstyle, and I had two copies. My mom had convinced me to send them to the Henson company so the muppeters could read them. I had included a very nicely written fan letter with it on top, and we sent off the whole package. (It weighed nearly 2 lbs total. >_O) About a week later, I got a phone call, and weirdly enough, I was someone they were trying to find for so many years.

Apperently I was Richard Hunts daughter. The story behind that was that because of Richard's failing health (I was born in 1986.) He and his wife couldn't/wasn't able to take care of me, so they put me up for adoption, with a screening process. They picked my parents and my parents have been taking care of me for all of my life. Well, because of legal guidelines my mother, Denise Louvier Hunt, couldn't find me on her own, I had to find her. Or at least wait until I was 18 years old. Well, I'm 19 years old, and they told me that I was his daughter. Which made sense for my general poor state of health. Strangely enough I didn't have AIDS, but I had HCV, (which I really do have). They came to South Carolina, and we spoke with them, and the one thing they asked me was, what would you love to do? I told them, it would be wonderful if we could have another MuppetFest. As I never even knew about the first one, and I didn't go to it. So they orginized it, and they had it. (Suprisingly in my dream Disney was never mentioned. XD)

I got to meet everyone there, and they actually had my stories published, not like for the general public of course, but for interselling during the MuppetFest itself. For free. I think they ran out of copies. They had printed about 150 of them. XD

Then after MuppetFest was over, I went to the Henson studios, and Dave and Frank brought out a small box, on the side it read "Renee's". They opened it, and guess what was inside?

A Scooter muppet, fully dressed, with...hospital clothes on. And a small videotape.

On that videotape was Richard singing to me as a tiny baby, with Scooter on his arm, singing along with him. At the end of it, Scooter gave me a kiss on my tummy, and Richard gave me a kiss on my forehead.

While watching that videotape (within my dream of course, which was kinda freaky.) I heard Jim's voice, but I never saw him. (he must've been working the camera I thought.)

"That's beautiful, Richard.." Jim had said, walking a few steps closer to Richard and myself. Richard smiled sadly, looking down at myself, he slipped Scooter off of his arm, and held me with both of his, myself laying against his chest. I was a tiny baby, maybe 3 lbs at that time. (I was born only 1 1/2 lbs.) He stroked my head softly.

"It's a shame I won't get to see her grow up.." He choked out, gulping softly.

---------
There we go. Interesting thing, I had that dream again last night, about the same thing, but wow. The MuppetFest part was a whole lot bigger and everything, and this time around, they had made a fullygrown adult Skeeter Muppet, and I puppetered/voiced it for another live Muppet Show. XD

I think what had happened was they were going to do the traditional cold opening, but they weren't sure to use Scooter or not, so I (as Skeeter) stepped in and did his bit. XD

A lot of cheers were heard from the MC section of the place too. Just thought that was an interesting part that occured last night. This dream's been going on for nearly....4 days now. >_O