FanFic: Is That A Song There?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty Five

Scooter trudged along in the snowy grounds. He was away from the streets, from what he could tell. It had started to snow when he had started walking, and it had gotten heavier as he walked.

What he didn't realize what that it was becoming a whiteout, all around him. He was starting to get disoriented from the cold, and biting winds. His head was still throbbing, from what, he wasn't sure of. He stopped underneath a tree, and he sat down on a large rock, he took his glasses off, and wiped them. He put them back on.

It was still all white around him, with the occisonal rock or tree. He could see no houses anymore.

"I'm absolutely stupid." He said to himself, as he rubbed his arms. He was only wearing a yellow tshirt, and a white undershirt, along with his jeans and red sneakers. He had nothing else on him. He reached for his pocket, to get his cellphone.

"I left that at the theatre." He closed his eyes for a moment, getting tired. He then stood up suddenly and walked around. "I can't sleep! I'll....I'll die out here if I do."

He kept walking, from tree to tree, from rock to rock. Trying to get his bearings again.

----------

Skeeter was looking around, trying to find her brother. She had thought originally that he would be going towards Nancy's house. But she got only a few houses away, and she saw nothing. She stopped against a tree in someone's backyard, and looked around.

A glimpse of yellow. A splash of orange or red against that white daunting landscape, she wished for. Something to show her brother was still alive. She walked on forward, and she looked around somemore. She saw a thin forest, near a small pond. More like some developers planted trees to make it look pretty, then a real forest.

"Could he have walked into the woods?" She wondered for a moment. Then she looked at Scooter's jacket, which was tucked into her own jacket. Keep it warm, for when she finds him. She closed her eyes, and kept on going towards that small outlay of trees. She had been trained for this kind of thing, these kind of elements.

"At least you did something right for me, Jessica." She shook her head, and starting walking with a higher step, so she would kind of walk across the snow, not into it.

--------------

He saw a small shimmer through the snow, he knelt down, and wiped some snow away. It was clear, with...fish frozen in it. He backed away, it was a little scary at first.

"T-This...must be some body of water...." He shook his head, and found another patch of ground, which suprisingly had no snow on it. It was underneath a huge bush of some sorts. He pulled away some branches, and crept up underneath it. He then curled into a very tight ball, his glasses tucked underneath his shirt.

'Why am I doing this?' He thought, for once his thoughts were clear, and he wasn't angry at anything, except for himself. 'Well, I guess I'll get my wish. I'm going to die out here, of the cold. And I bet no one will find me for quite sometime too.'

He stopped shivering, and he looked around. He remembered when the person stops shivering...that's a really bad indication of hypothermia. He wanted to get up, and keep walking, but all he could muster was sitting up against that soft brush of leaves he was underneath. Scooter looked down at the ground for a minute, he felt his mind was turning to mush. Snowy, white mush, just like the snow in front of him.

He saw his bright cherry-red sneakers. He wondered if anyone was trying to find him.

"I'm going to die anyways, might as well leave a marker of some sort. Cold feet arn't going to bother me right now!" He said, rather happily, for some reason.

His thought processes were very out of whack because of the snow and cold temperatures. He took off his shoes, and tied them together, then he hung them on a somewhat low branch on the tree in front of that same bush he was under. He was now in his socks. He knelt back down under the bush, and he pulled some branches off of it. He gripped them, and simply decided, he'll just go to sleep, so he didn't have to suffer the cold anymore.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<curls up into ball>

I'm not even sure what to say... <shivers>

....Who's Jessica?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wha...Wha habbada babagooby...Wadabadoo? Hamana hamana hamana hamana...*faints*

*awakens*

And yeah, who the health is Jessica??

*faints again*

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Man! Scooter sure does get into some serious life-threatening situations! I've got a feeling that Life and/or Death might make another appearance at some point in this part of the story. (I think I might've given away a spoiler there.:embarrassed: )

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Come on Skeeter... You've been trained for this sort of thing. You've gotta find Scooter!

Oh, and as for the references?

Well, I posted about the custom figure my guy's working on and the main sticking point...
And then you focus on Scooter's jacket and the logo taunting them in Chap 23.

Then, I post on how I gotta go to sleep cause of classes I'm not even sure I'll have right now...
And you post in Chap 24 of how it's 11 o'clock PM and the people are mostly asleep not caring what happens outside their doors.

Great stuff Renee... But we gottsta know... Who's Jessica?

Frogster

Reaction score
Dude I'm lovin the story! You're such a great writer!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... Renee's a dudette. Hopefully, we'll get more story soon... Please?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*faints*

*regains conciousness*

Scooter, what are you doing buddy? They love you! You have to see that they love you! Hurry Skeeter and get that brother of yours into a house and all warmed up. And Kermit, snap out of it, they need you!

Seriously though, I'm loving it Renee, more great writing and definately a nailbiter. I'm clutching my Kermit doll and anxiously awaiting more.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty Six

Kermit sat in the boarding house, looking at stuff Piggy kept shoving underneath his face. He wasn't really paying attention to her at all.

"Ooh, and we can get Jim to make the wedding cake, just like he did for the movie! He can even make those cute little sugar things that looked like us! Dosn't that sound great, Kermie??" She smiled at him, looking over the pictures from the movie, with a sketchpad in front of her.

Kermit said nothing, but kept his eyes towards the door. Although he was still a little angry at Scooter, he wanted to see the gofer walk through those doors so badly.

"Oh, and Fozzie can wear a fruit hat, and dance like Carmen Miranda during the bride's march!" She exclaimed, getting frustrated that Kermit wasn't paying her any attention.

"Oh....that's great Piggy." He said, still watching the door.

------------

She stopped near a small group of trees, and she looked around, shaking snow off of her hood.

"SCOOTER!!! SCOOTER!!!!!" She yelled, hoping that might get some response. She tugged one glove off, and looked at the time. It was nearly 1 am. He's been out in the cold for almost 3 hours now. She had to find him quickly. She started to walk faster, keeping her eyes peeled for anything, some sort of color.

She saw something red. 'Maybe it's it's a cardinal...' She thought, but she looked closer, and saw it wasn't a bird, but shoes. She ran as quickly as possible towards it. She saw a large bush, and knelt down beside it.

Scooter was curled up tightly, his glasses off. He had curled his arms into his yellow shirt, to keep some kind of warmth.

"Scooter...." She knelt down beside him, and picked him up. He was icy cold to her touch. She pulled off her gloves, and placed them on his hands; then she pulled his jacket from her own jacket, and wrapped it around him. It was somewhat warm due to it being right beside her body the entire time.

Scooter blinked a few times, feeling some warmth finally, he looked over at his sister, about to say something.

"Don't say anything, bro. I've got you, okay? Can you walk?" She tried to gently lift him up to a standing position, but he couldn't seem to comply. He was so cold, he couldn't feel himself, much little walk.

She then zipped up and buttoned up his jacket. She pulled a black wool cap from her pocket, and placed it on his head, his glasses in her pocket. Gently hauling him over her shoulders, firemen style, she started back for the road.

Finally she saw the black snow-covered road, and a street sign. She sat down in the snow, and sat Scooter in her lap, he just laid against her. Pulling out the cellphone, she pulled back the hood of her jacket, and dialed the boarding house.

-------------

Fozzie and Gonzo were sitting by the phone, and Fozzie was watching the clock anxiously.

"It's been nearly 3 hours, Gonzo! What if she didn't find him yet!?" He started to pace, wringing his ascot, keeping his eyes on the phone.

Gonzo tapped the phone, waiting for it to ring. He also worried for them, but he didnt' let it show, lest he make Fozzie worry even more then he already was. Then it rang. 'Finally.' He thought, as he picked up the phone.

"Hey Gonzo! I found him!!! We're at the corner of Oznwickz and Hunt streets! Right underneath the sign itself. Get down here as soon as possible! I don't think he can take any more of the---"

Then the phone shut off on their end. Scooter's cellphone battery had died. The cold made it lose more life then it already had, so it just conked out. Gonzo looked over at Fozzie and he stood up quickly.

"You're driving. The Studebaker has more heat then my truck. They're at Oznwickz and Hunt. Let's get going." Fozzie nodded, and without anymore words they got into the studebaker. As they pulled out of the driveway, Fozzie looked over at Gonzo for a moment.

"That's nearly a 20 minute drive you know." He said sadly, as he pulled out onto the road, and started down, going towards Hunt street. That was the quickest way to get to Oznwickz.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! Skeeter found him!! ...Oh but it's so cold...Hurry Gonzo and Fozzie hurry!! And lovely reference with the street names btw, very nice.