FanFic: Is That A Song There?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Love you all!

They are fullgrown muppets by the way. Be back on Monday!!

*hugs everyone*

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh OK... Then I'll definitely take Skeeter. My one-man customizing unit's working on a figure of her.
Using an extra S3 Scooter, giving her an added hairstyle like FM Piggy though she'll retain the combs atop her head. The figure will gain eyelashes connected to the glasses, a female body, and some repainted pieces.
The toughest thing is preserving the Muppet Show logo on the jacket's back... If anyone has or knows where I can get that image, please LMK.

Thanks Renee, see you whenever you come back.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty Three

Scooter sat there against the wall, listening to Skeeter sing. He didn't know what to say to her. He felt horrible for what he's done to his friends, what he had caused Nancy to do. Gonzo hugged Scooter tight, he was so worried for his friend now, he's always been worried about everyone. Kermit's mind was still remembering those nights, far off in his memory.

"She did that not only for you, Scooter." Kermit paused for a second, then he smiled. "She did that for everyone."

Scooter looked over at Kermit, but not his face, he instead stared at his flippers, and at the floor. He shrugged his shoulders gently, shaking his head.

"She did. If you had died, Scooter. We're not sure what we'd have done without you.." Fozzie replied, softly, one of his arms around Skeeter now, as she finished up the lullaby's humming. Scooter stood shakily to his feet, and stumbled a bit, almost losing his balance. He turned to them, frowning.

"What would you have done, Fozzie? If I had died??" He asked the bear, a tinge of anger still present in his voice.

Fozzie could tell his was a little angry, but at what, he wasn't sure. He looked around, trying to think of something to say. Nothing came to mind. Scooter crossed his arms, staring at Fozzie and Kermit now.

"You'd have lost your gofer, is that right? You just don't want to say it. You would have lost the scapegoat and the go-getter." He turned to Kermit, and he frowned deeply. "For once you'd have to get your own coffee, right Chief?" He said chief with a sneer, looking back at the computer. He sat down in the seat, and pressed the print button. He then shoved a stack of papers at Kermit.

"Here's the tax reports," He picked up another small stack of papers, again shoving them to Kermit. "...and the filing. And here's the ticket and act outlay for the next THREE WEEKS!" He finally set one last stack of papers, on top of the other layer, and he walked slowly out of the room, his clipboard in his hands. He stopped in the hall, and he glared at that clipboard.

It was the same one his uncle had given him years ago. He turned back towards the room.

"AND HERE! HAVE THE **** CLIPBOARD TOO!" He flung that into the room with such force, it almost hit Gonzo in the head, as it zinged past him, it clattered against the wall, the papers flying out of it.

The room was completely silent, as the heard Scooter's footfalls getting softer and softer, they heard the far doors slam as walked outside into the wintery snow and ice. Skeeter looked around the room, and she saw Scooter's jacket sitting on the chair still, that logo on the back seeming to taunt them.

Fozzie saw the jacket as well, he stood up and picked it up gently, holding it in his hands. "He'll get cold outside, Kermit."

Kermit for once didn't feel like caring so much. He'd cared so much for everyone, by now he just felt burnt out. He looked at Fozzie and he frowned a bit.

"He can get cold for all I care." He started to walk down the theatre's aisle, going slowly, his mind going over a lot of things. One of them being his wedding. Fozzie, Gonzo, and Scooter were going to be his best men. Fozzie his most-best man. He wasn't so sure if he wanted Scooter to be a part of it now. He kept walking, until he got to Fozzie's studebaker. He sat down, waiting for them to come out.

Fozzie still stood in the records room, with Skeeter and Gonzo. He was still holding Scooter's jacket in his hands. He looked down at it, and he frowned a bit.

"What's wrong, Fozzie?" Gonzo asked, wondering why he was frowning.

"It's going to drop below freezing tonight." He said, gripping the jacket softly.

Skeeter huffed a bit, walking towards the door. "So what? He'll come back to the boarding house, a little chilled, but he'll be fine. He's tough!"

"I don't think he'll be coming back anytime soon, Skeeter." Gonzo said simply.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh man... You can cut the tension with a knife. So much in-fighting... Will the gang ever be whole and happy and... dare I say it?
No, I'll let Lisa.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<gulp>

<closes eyes>

<opens eyes>

Scooter.

........Scooter... Go home. Home to the boarding house. Please, Scooter... go home. ...They love you, Scooter.

...<looks around> ....<goes to get another box of tissues>

<comes back> <sees Count's post> ...And together again, Count? <shakes head> I hope so. I sure hope so.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Why do you think I left that for you to say?
*Chuckles lightly.

OK, off to the bat-room and sleep. Got classes tomorrow, not like the rest of you who seem to thrive on the night as the living MC dead.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty Four

"Oh no. We've gotta go get him!" Skeeter said quickly. She was really worried about how her brother was acting lately. Gonzo shook his head.

"I don't think he'd be willing to just hop into the studebaker just like that. He's still kinda..angry with us. I don't really know why, other then him feeling guilty over Nancy's death. But it has to be a lot more then that. So what are we going to do?"

Skeeter frowned for a second, then she smiled brightly. "I've got a plan guys. I need you two to follow me exactly!" She leaned over and whispered into their ears, and they started to smile.

"Got it?" Skeeter asked.

"Got it!" Fozzie said brightly.

"Loud and clear, Skeeter!" Gonzo replied. Then the three of them headed off in two different directions. Fozzie walked out to his studebaker, and sat down in the driver's seat, and started up the car. Kermit looked over at him, oddly.

"Where's Skeeter, Fozzie?" He asked, getting worried about her.

"She just decided to hitch a ride with Gonzo, that's all." He said, smiling.

"Oh, good." Kermit said, nodding; as the two drove off towards the house. A few minutes after they had left, Gonzo's truck came creeping out from behind the theatre, with Skeeter in the back of it. The top of the truck was off, leaving a completely exposed truck bed now. She tapped on the glass of the truck, and Gonzo started the truck up, going down the street.

He had a feeling where the gofer was going now.

------------

Gonzo stopped the truck, and poked his head out of the window, looking back at Skeeter, who was already starting to shiver, despite her thick winter coat.

"I don't think we're going to find him..." He said, quite sadly.

She frowned, and leapt out of the truck. She had Scooter's cellphone in her pocket. She walked over to the truck.

"Go back to the boarding house, I'll find him myself."

"But you could freeze out there, Skeeter!!"

She stopped for a moment. She walked back to the truck, she looked a little tired, but she thrust her hand inside the window.

"Give me the keys to the house."

Gonzo didn't do that, instead he looked at her oddly. He worried for her so much, and for Scooter's wellbeing too. But...it was already getting colder and colder outside. The snow was picking up as well. And if Skeeter was already shivering in that thick made for winter coat.....Scooter.... He shook his head, not wanting to think that thought at all.

"I'm going to find him. And when I find him, I'm going to go to the house." She said, forcefully. She didn't look normal to him, like this...newfound courage was inside of her. He handed her the keys, which she shoved into her other pocket. She leapt back inside the truck's bed, and found an old thick limb, and she gripped it smiling. She then crawled back outside of the truck, and patted his shoulder.

"You go back to the boarding house, Gonzo. You stay safe and warm. When I find him, I'll call alright? If I don't call....." She looked away for a second, down the snowy road.

Gonzo nodded. "I'll know what to do. When's the time to break it too them?"

She thought for a moment. "Give us 5 hours. That is about as long as we could stand out here, before we would catch hypothermia. And that's in the state Scooter's in. I can last about 10 hours, with this jacket."

"Right. 5 hours it is." He cranked the truck up, and she was already starting out down the road. He leaned out the window for a moment. "Hey, Skeeter!!"

She turned back towards him again. "Yes?"

"Please...be careful!!"

She nodded, and gave him a thumbsup. "I definately will, Gonzo! And thank you!!!"

She gripped the slender tree limb, she had grabbed it for support through that snow that was already starting to pile up among the streets. Although she was near houses, it was nearly 11 pm at night, and most people were asleep, not caring what was happening outside their very doors.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<shivers>

The single-digit temperatures around here lately make me feel the cold weather in this story perhaps a little better than I necessarily need to... <grabs blanket>

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That's twice now you've referenced to my posts Renee... And I give you hugs for that. Yes, I'm giving out hugs.
What, it's a free country isn't it?

Oh, right... Just leave these snacks for you... Check back tomorrow.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I don't understand. XD I've referenced your posts??

Perhaps I'm doing that subconsiously. Everything I watch, hear, and witness, end up somehow being elements in my stories.