FanFic: Is That A Song There?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Comments.
Chapter 19.
The fight with Scooter and Sadie, or argument... That was truly touching and teary.
But Scooter's got this big hurt inside him now, and I don't mean the stitches from the surgery.

Agree with Kermit, things have been too quiet and something needs to be done to bring back the ahppy energy to the house.
But Kermit and Piggy getting married?!? Oh no Renee, please say it's not so.
The whole point of Kermit and Piggy's relationship is that she as the bossy pushy type tries to get the boy or frog she wants to herself, mothering and scheming to get him at times... But Kermit has his freedom like any bachelor and wants to make up his own mind if it'll be a love of his life or lifelong friends with a bit of emotion along the way.

Hope you can figure out some way to change this... It just creates a bit of a rip in the vonderful story arch you've woven for four stories now.
Sorry, but that's my honest opinon.

Chapter 20.
Nice to see the ghouls again... Missed them in Demon's Delight.
Scooter finally got the sleep he needed... But I'm a bit scared for him and for Gonzo.
And what were Richard and Ryan doing at the MBH? Going over the repairs with Kermit?

Hope for more soon.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Whoa...That's...Whoa my gosh...Wow....Keep it coming Renee...Please...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Fresh blood! Huh? Oh sorry Lisa, didn't know it was you.
*Revives her with cold water. Huh? Didn't work?
OK Ryan, bring in da' penguin cannon!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
He opened the door slowly, and he saw Scooter slumped over on the desk, it looked like he was sleeping soundly, against the desk. One hand rested on the keyboard, the other in his pocket. Gonzo was about to try to wake him up when he saw something odd on the screen. He stopped for a second and read it.

"December 11-14 show - $1,900
December 15-18 show - $2,500
Winter Splendor Show - $5,000 ..help me, hurting, help.."

Gonzo was speechless, he reached over with a hand, and his eyes widened a bit. He felt again, and he backed up, shocked. He walked out of the room, and shakily walked over to the phone.
This part. Yes, this part right here....it sent a chill down my spine! This is not only some excellent writing, Renee....it is a superb plot twist! The last time I've seen such amazing twists was the First Season Finale of "Lost"!:big_grin:

Oh, and don't change the whole Kermit & Piggy getting married scenario, Renee! That's gonna keep me on the edge of my seat 'til the very end.:wink:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty One

Gonzo stood there speechless in front of the phone, he stared back at Scooter, and he walked over kneeling down, putting his ear (or where he would have one) to his chest. He was still breathing, softly.

"Good...he's still there." He gently picked up Scooter, and sat him down on the floor, and he sat beside him. Scooter's head rolled over onto Gonzo's shoulder, he was out cold. Gonzo started to pat his cheek.

"Scooter, come on....you've given us a lot of scares you know....that trip couldn't have hurt you..." He was getting worried, he heard a small clatter, and saw Scooter's cell phone on the floor now. He smiled, and picked it up.

"I'll call the guys, they'll come over, and we'll be able to get you some help..or at least wake you up."

Scooter slid down into Gonzo's lap, still out cold, his breathing soft, as if he was sleeping. Just...he wasn't waking up at all.

------------

The phone rang at the boarding house, Kermit looked at the ID on the phone, he frowned a bit.

"Hi Scooter. What's the matter now?" He said a bit sullen, he tried to hide it but he couldn't anymore.

"Hey Kermit, something's not right down here." Gonzo's voice came from the other end.

"Gonzo? What are you doing down there? Rizzo told me you were in your room, still reminicing." Kermit said a bit hufflily, as he looked over at Piggy who was going over with Hilda and Mildred to let out a few pin tucks in her wedding dress. Kermit smiled, at least it got her happy for awhile. Got some more activity in this house.

Gonzo was silent, and he looked down at Scooter. "Something's happened to Scooter, but....I can't put my finger on it. He's breathing and he looks fine, but...he just won't wake up."

"Okay. Give a little time, and we'll get down there as soon as possible. He might just have passed out or something. I've seen him do it sometimes."

"Okay, Kermit. Just don't take too long, okay?"

"I won't."

With that, Kermit set the phone down, and turned his attention back to Miss Piggy and her wedding dress. He still wasn't sure if he was doing the right thing...telling her they were going to get married for real this time. He wasn't so sure this was right. He loved her, yes, but....was it too soon?

Piggy turned around to Kermit, smiling, holding up the fixed wedding dress. "Oh, Kermie!! This'll be wonderful won't it!! Getting married, and...." She stopped twirling around when she saw his confused and worried face. "What's wrong? Is it this dress? Maybe something in a beautiful shade of blue would look nice..."

Kermit held up his hand, for her to be quiet for a second, his froggy mind was churning. Why would that happen to Scooter. Why is Gonzo down there anyways, and why does Gonzo have this...close connection to him when Kermit dosn't? He didn't make any sense to him. He looked Piggy square in the eye.

"The plans will be put on hold for a little bit, okay Piggy? I don't want you talking about it anymore. I've got some important things...I need to check up on."

She pouted, getting angry very quickly. "WE are still getting MARRIED arn't we?!?"

He gulped, and backed up about two feet. "Yes! Yes, just....hold off for a little while. It isnt' the time, but the act...right, Piggy??"

She smiled sweetly, giving Kermit a crushing hug before he grabbed his jacket and left out the front door. He looked over at Fozzie, who was chatting with Skeeter outside. "Come on Fozzie, you're driving me down to the theatre."

"Yes, Sir!" He smiled, standing up for a moment. "We'll be back in a bit, I guess Skeeter."

"Oh no, you're not going down there without me!" She leapt off the porch, and got into the backseat of Fozzie's studebaker. "My brother's ticked off, and I wanna know why, other then that stupid reason he gave this morning. It can't be just that."

Kermit sighed, as Fozzie backed out of the driveway and started down towards the road for the theater.

-------------

Scooter opened his eyes slowly, his head was pounding like a hammer against an anvil. He thought his head was going to split wide open. He looked up and he saw Gonzo's nose. "Hey, what're you doing down here at the theatre?"

He sat slowly up, and leaned against the wall, looking over at him. Gonzo smiled.

"I came to see how you were. What happened? You were...just out cold."

"I don't remember. I was typing out the list of what we made, to get it prepped for taxes, and my headache was getting worse....and then here you are, and I'm on the floor!"

"You must've blacked out then. Sure it dosn't have anything to do with that surgery, or going to Nanny's house?"

Scooter shook his head, looking around the room. The lights hurt his eyes, and he shut them tight. They heard the old clanking studebaker roll into the parking lot just then.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That was a better chapter Renee... Hilda and Mildred? I get confused as to which is what forum member's crush...
But let's get on down to the theater... We need to hear Scooter's explanation and find out what knocked him out cold.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty Two

Skeeter stepped out of the studebaker before the others did. She stormed inside the theatre, and went straight backstage. She saw Scooter sitting against the wall, holding his head for a moment, his glasses off. The lights were dimmed. She stared into the darkened room, and she flipped the backstage lights on.

"Oohhhh, turn those off Skeeter! Please!!" He was covering his eyes with his hands, ducking his head between his knees. He felt horrible right then. She then turned off the lights again, to where the only light was the computer screen on the desk. She sat down in front of him.

"What is wrong with you!? You chew mom out, over something she had no control over, she wasn't even 18 when she had us, so of course she had to give us up to Nanny to take care of us. What did it matter if Uncle Grosse and she we're going to get married!!! You didn't have to make MOM CRY OVER IT!!" She was yelling by this time, very angry.

Kermit and Fozzie stood in the doorway, watching her rant to her twin while she sat on the floor. She pulled herself forward, and pulled his chin up, in the darkened light they could see tears streaming down his face. She was about to yell again, when she stopped, his chin still in her hand.

"I..I'm sorry Skeeter....I've caused..." He choked a bit, laying his head down on his arms, in quite a small ball now, looking outwards towards the wall. He frowned, and looked at her. "...I should have just died."

Gonzo grabbed ahold of Scooter tightly, and Kermit walked over and sat down on the floor beside them. Fozzie sat down between Skeeter and Kermit, he pulled off his ascot again, and handed it to Kermit, who then handed it to Scooter.

"If I thought like that Scooter, I wouldn't be here today." Gonzo stared at Scooter, tears about to fall from his own face. He realized why Scooter was saying that now. "It's not your fault she died."

"IT IS MY FAULT!!! If I had just died and gotten it over with, she'd still be here, and you wouldn't have to be dealing with her house, and putting other's lives in danger trying to fix that darned thing UP!" He laid back against the wall hard, closing his eyes tightly. Kermit reached up and placed his hand on Scooter's hand.

"...." He couldn't find any words to say. Skeeter just sat against Fozzie, trying to clear her mind of what could have happened to him. She was reminded of those painful memories back at the hospital. It was too terrible for her to remember, so she remembered that night they sang together. He...he was so happy. Sure, Nanny's death saddened everyone...but....

"You remember that song, right?" Skeeter asked simply, looking over at Scooter.

"Skeeter....no....no..." He was softly shaking his head, he did not want to hear it now.

Skeeter smiled, and started to sing very softly, smiling. Fozzie sighed remembering this song. Nanny sang it when someone was sick, or they had trouble going to sleep.

"Golden slumber kisses your eyes, smiles awaits you when you rise. Sleep, pretty baby, do not cry, and I'll sing you a lullaby. Care you know not, therefore sleep, while I o'er you watch do keep. Sleep, pretty darling, do not cry, and I will sing a lullaby."

She finished singing, and looked over at Scooter. He was silent, listening. His glasses back in his hands. Kermit smiled. He remembered all those times they couldn't sleep as well, but he really remembered, when Scooter had a really bad cold, and was so stuffed up he couldn't even breathe right. Nanny had picked him up, and carried him into the TV room, where she had an old rocking chair.

----------

"Hey, Nanny's taking Scooter!" Kermit exclaimed. It was late at night, and it was when Nanny had done a late night check up on them, she noticed Scooter could barely breathe right.

"Maybe we should follow them." Skeeter replied. On that cue, they all clambered out of the crib, following her and Scooter. They stopped near the TV room's door, and watched. Nanny didn't know they were there.

"Scooter...you could have told me you had trouble eariler. You told me you were fine." She scolded very gently, while Scooter was in her lap.

He sneezed a few times, and coughed a bit. He sniffled looking up at her. "I just didn't want to bother you Nanny. You said eariler, you had a lot of stuff to do today."

"Even if I have the world to do, I'd stop to help you, you know that." She patted his head, and held out a small teaspoon full of cough medicine. He shrunk away from it. "It will make you feel better." He still pulled away from it. She thought for a second, and she smiled. She leaned down at gave Scooter a kiss on his forehead, and he smiled widely, just enough for her to shove the spoon into his mouth.

"Gack! Ick...ooh...that's nasty!!!" He coughed somemore, making odd faces at the nasty cough medicine. Nanny patted his back, his eyes were dropping a bit, he looked very tired.

It was almost a half hour later that night, Scooter still couldn't sleep. She patted his back, and tried everything she could think of off-hand. She then sat down with him in the rocking chair, and remembered an old lullaby.

"Golden slumber kisses your eyes, smiles awaits you when you rise.
Sleep, little Scooter, do not cough, and I'll sing you a lullaby.
Care you don't know, therefore sleep, while over you watch I do keep.
Sleep, baby Scooter, and do not cough, and I will sing a soft lullaby."

Scooter yawned, and she hummed the song somemore, rocking him gently. He was still coughing slightly, but he drifted off to sleep in her lap. The rest of the babies were outside the room, the two that were awake watching them, Kermit and Fozzie, fell asleep at the gentle lullaby as well.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
SCOOOOOOOOTER!!! Please be ok little yellow buddy!! PLEASE!!
He's orange! XD But yeah. He'll be fine!! Just read above chapter!!

btw, this is the longest chapter-wise I've done a story of. It might also be because these chapters are quite short compared to other stories.