FanFic: Is That A Song There?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I hug you Renee! I hug you for putting me in the story (and keeping with Ryan and Lisa by using the clock shop as well!) and I helped Gonzo! I thought this chapter was so sweet, Gonzo needing to bring flowers to Nanny's grave, and then Nanny covering him up with the blanket. It's really very touching how much he feels for her. I also love the nod to MFS with him telling her that he now knows he's an alien.

Great writing once again Renee! Can't wait to see more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Applause! Beautiful what with Nancy just sitting on the grave, letting Gonzo point out the stars to her grave... And then wrapping him with the blanket...

But something I just have to point out and applaud...
The florist's and clock shop. Well, the clock shop, we know...
But are those double references to us here? Awesome.

Just gives me one more piece for when I finally take a brake and think about the short story to post. Hee, might get another recurring role in these stories more often now.
Thanks for another great chapter, look forward to the next.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Your quite welcome, Beth. :big_grin: I just had to put you in there. I've got a mental outline of what Hensonville looks like to me. And your shop is between The Florists and Jim's Coffee Shop. And at the end of the street is the theatre. Again, your welcome.

And yes, that was a double reference. You were the florist, Count. XD Don't take offense, but I was wondering how I could get you in there, cause I really wanted to get you in there, so the first thought in my head was, he's (presumably) spanish! Then, I got those ideas of matadors, and then the passionate-type dance, where the lady dances with a rose in her teeth. XD

I'm digging my own grave with this, sorry. XD

Then I just thought, florist, is perfect. XD

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Laughing... Oh Renee...

S'okay hokay?

Yes, I do speak Spanish, though English is my first language. Oughta be, since I learned at such a wee age thanks to SS.

BTW: The dance you're thinking of is the tango.

No worries though... Will just have two business in Hensonville then, as soon as I can get that short story started. It'll a bit sad, but there'll be a nice SS tie-in, since it'll be a tribute to Palisades.

Hoping for more of your story soon.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Four

He woke up, cold and shivering. He wondered what had happened that night. Wait, it wasn't nighttime. It was morning already.

"Oooh, he's awake, Beakie! He's alright everyone!" Dr. Bunsen remarked, smiling. He patted Gonzo's shoulder, laughing happily.

"Me mee mo meep!" Beaker was happy, he also reached forward and patted Gonzo's other shoulder. The others walked near Gonzo, and looked at him.

Scooter crossed his arms, frowning a bit. "Is this why you came out here, Gonzo?" His expression softened a bit, smiling. "You could have told us...you had wanted to come here. We would have come with you."

Gonzo sat up, and looked down at the ground. He saw the blanket on him, and he wondered for a second. He closed his eyes, it all came back to him and it hurt his heart. He had gone out on a limb, selfishly, and he caused his friends to worry about him. He stood up, and brushed himself off. He started to walk to his truck.

"I...I'm sorry...guys..." He mumbled softly, reaching for the keys in his pocket.

Kermit and the others looked at the grave for a moment. Fozzie took off his hat, as did Zoot and Floyd. Bean saw the grave, and he backed up against Miss Piggy. The little rabbit looked up at Piggy for a second, his eyes welling up with tears. Piggy just simply nodded, and he clung onto her leg crying softly.

He wished he could just shrivel up and leave. His sadness wasn't helped by Bean's crying. Although everyone else was cried out, he had never been told. He turned back to his friends, they were all watching him closely. Kermit stepped forward, looking very concerned for his friend.

"Gonzo?"

That one word. Just his name. He then remembered what his brother had said, when they had found him.

"Many zotars ago, you were lost to us little brother..."

He turned to Kermit, and he frowned. "I was lost, Kermit."

"Lost? What do you mean, lost? You know your way around this town very well, how could you be lost?"

"I just was. I-I don't know anymore. Okay?"

"...you don't know what anymore?" Kermit was flummoxed at what Gonzo had said. He wondered why Gonzo thought he was lost.

"I need to go, guys. I'll see you in a few days..." He stepped up into his truck, and was about to shut the door, when Scooter stuck his foot inside the edge of it.

"You're not leaving without us, Gonzo. A-At least let one of us come with you."

Gonzo sighed, looking outside of the truck's windshield. He saw the thin film of powdery snow on it. He fingered his keys, a thought lept across his mind.

'If I start it real slow, and inch forward, Scooter will back off, then when he's safely out of harm's way, I can speed off, leaving them behind. I can't let them come with me....I don't think I'd be able to take it.'

Scooter watched his friend thinking quite deeply, he grabbed the edge of the truck's doorframe and hauled himself inside quickly, sitting down on the seat, he closed the door and quickly buckled himself in. He looked over at Gonzo and he frowned softly.

"I know where you're going to go. And I'm not letting you go there alone."

Beauregard

Reaction score
"The grave was silent, as all graves are. Merely dirt, and stone. Grass, and most likely some worms or other creepy crawlies burrowing through that dirt. As sacred as it seemed, it was still was it was. Dirt. "

Wow...*silence*...wow...

This is great, Gonzo, lost, the grave, Nanny...the blanket, "The star looks like Camilla."

Smiles

Reaction score
Very nice.

The part with Bean was soo adorable too. And a Gonzo and Scooter road trip! Its all just fabulous

Can't wait to hear more!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Awesome awesome awesome Renee!!!! Thank you thank you thank you for writing a Gonzo story!! I love it love it love it!!!!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Very nice Renee... The gang who knew Nancy best, round the grave... And Bean realizing it too at last, sad but well-needed.

OK troops, you know your mission... Head on out after the blue whatever and the orange go-fer.
Come on guys, Road Trip!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Five

The truck was silently rumbling down the roads, slowly heading out of Hensonville. Scooter was watching Gonzo out of the corner of his eye. He wondered why he was acting so oddly lately. Well...out of character more like it. He's always odd.

They both were unaware about the passengers in his truck bed. Gonzo had the type of truck top that had small windows, and it raised above the cab of it. Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Bunsen, Beaker, Janice, and Animal were all packed in that tiny space.

"Like...where is he going?" Janice asked, as Animal gently had his arms wrapped around her, kinda scared himself of all the bumping and jostling around.

"He's probably going to Nancy's house, guys. He never got to speak to her, when she was at the hospital." Kermit looked out the dirty window, watching the houses pass by them.

Janice sniffed a little, looking out the window. "I never spoke to her either, so what does it matter??"

"Cause you weren't there for pratically 3 years of your life! Bean dragged you out of daycare one day, just so we could meet you!!" Piggy was being unusually hostile, so Kermit wrapped his arms around her, and whispered.

"Piggy...please. The last thing we need is a fight back here. In a moving veichele."

She nodded, and leaned against Kermit. The only one missing was Rowlf and Skeeter. But Kermit figured even those he was there, he had stayed behind to watch over Robin for him.

The truck halted to a stop, and Gonzo hurried inside the small gas station, Scooter rolled down the window, and poked his head out of it, watching Gonzo go inside. Then he turned around, and opened the small window leading into the truck bed.

"What are you guys DOING here!?"

Fozzie smiled, messing around with his hat. "Um...we came to make sure Gonzo will be alright, Scooter."

Scooter laid his forehead against the seatback, and glared down at the seat. "Why do I bother anymore?"

"What was that, Scooter?" Piggy asked, she didn't hear what he had said.

"Nothing, Piggy. If Gonzo finds you guys are back there, I...I'm not totally sure what he'd do. He's not violent by any means, but I can tell...he's not in a right state of mi--."

A slim blue hand reached inside and tapped Scooters shoulder, he stopped talking, and cut his eyes over to the window. Gonzo had no expression on his face at all. And a bag of drinks in his hand.

"I knew they were back there. I got you guys some drinks." He handed the small bag back to them, and then got into the truck and gave Scooter his drink as well. He sat back in the seat, thinking.

"You guys know where I'm going, right?"

No one dared respond. Then a shaggy red head poked through the small window.

"Go see Nanny? Right!?"

"Yeah. We're going back to Nanny's house."

"But what reason do you have to go back there, Gonzo?" Piggy asked him, quite plainitvely.

"She gave me her house, guys. Granted, it's not much, but I own everything that was ever hers' now."