FanFic: Is That A Song There?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... The plot twist's needed if the story's to go any further.

So... Anyone wanna pick up Skeeter on our way to Nancy's?
Oh yeah, we might want to get Rowlf and Beth and Robin and Lisa while we're at it...
*Pulls out cell phone and calls friends as the car heads off to pick them up.

OK, just hang a right around here Ry.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
S'alfright... Just hope Renee doesn't get too ahead of us. We need to get the rest of the gang before the next piece of story.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ok, ok! I'm here! Take me with! And WOW what a plot twist! I wasn't expecting that! But I LOVE it!!! I'm on the edge of my seat again, you've got a habit of doing that to me Renee. All right Gonzo, full speed ahead!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Six

"THEY WHAT!?!?" Her scream could be heard ringing thoughout the boarding house, as she got right into Rowlf's face, he didn't move from his piano.

"They left, and they never even told me where they were going....to the grave to pick up Gonzo....then, then....THEY'VE GONE OFF TO NANNY'S HOUSE WITHOUT TELLING ME!?!!?"

Rowlf just simply nodded, picking up where he had left off in playing, Skeeter was about to have a connipition right there. She glared at Rowlf, and leaned against his piano.

"They told you why, didn't they? They tell you....and my brother, my twin no less decides he just isn't going to tell me, well that's fine and dandy!!"

"It's cause they knew you'd act like this." Rowlf said rather calmly and quietly, not looking at her.

"ACT LIKE---" She just realized she'd been yelling for a good 10 minutes over it now, she took a few deep breaths, and looked at Rowlf. "...this. I've always yelled so much, sorry."

"No need. I'm used to it. Just was kinda glad for awhile there it was only one of ya." He chuckled a bit, playing a more upbeat tune now, flipping the music sheet over.

She smirked at him. Still same old Rowlf, wise beyond his age and whatnot like that.

"When are we leaving then?" She said looking out the window, wondering where her brother was. He was still not perfectly healthy yet, but, when was he ever in his life?

Rowlf slowly closed the piano, and looked up at her. "We're not."

"I want to see the house again, and I want to make sure Scooter's alright. You'd probably want to see it again, don't you?"

"Kermit asked me to stay behind to watch over Robin."

"Oh, pfft. My mother could do that for him, couldn't you Mom?"

Sadie glanced up from a magazine she was reading, and blinked. "I could do what?"

"Watch over Robin for a few days!"

"Now why would I do that?"

"Because me and Rowlf are going on a little trip."

She chuckled a little bit, putting the magazine down. "Um, sure. But I have no idea what this kid does, Skeeter."

Rowlf smiled, seeing Robin coming down the stairs, dressed in his Frog Scout uniform. "Well, he does Frog Scouts on Mondays and Wednesays, and today's Wednesday, so, take him to Frog Scouts."

Robin stopped at the bottom step of the stairs and looked over at Rowlf. "Arn't you taking me, Rowlf?"

"I've got something's to do, Robin. Would you mind if Ms. Sadie took you?"

"Not at all! Comeon, Ms. Sadie, let's go!!" He hopped over and grabbed Sadie's hand and led her outside, then the two got in her car and drove off to his Frog Scout's meeting.

"Well, that was easy." Skeeter laughed, smiling at Rowlf. "Let's get going then, shall we?"

"Certainly." He said mockingly, with a sweet smile on his face. They walked out to her car, and went down towards the main shops of Hensonville. She stopped in front of the clock shop, she remembered something she had to do.

Rowlf looked around a bit, then over at Skeeter. "Why are we stopping here?"

Skeeter was digging around in her purse for a small plastic bag, inside it contained a beautiful silver watch on a thin chain. The watch seemed to be broken, the glass shattered. "I need to get this fixed, and Beth said she could fix this type of watch for me."

"Oh. Alright." He and Sadie walked inside the shop, and Rowlf looked rather bored, waiting for Sadie, as she spoke to another worker inside the shop. Beth walked over to him, and smiled.

"Hey there, long face. What's the problem??"

He cradled his head in his hand, looking to the side. "Eh, it's nothing."

"Come on, it's gotta be something. How are your friends doing?"

Rowlf wondered why this woman was asking so much about them. Skeeter walked up beside Rowlf, and poked him in the shoulder.

"Time to go, hound dog." She smiled, then looked up at Beth. "Oh hey Beth! Haven't seen you in sometime. How are you doing?"

"I'm doing fine, but I'm worried about your friend here. He looks really down."

Skeeter stopped for a moment, about to say something. She sighed. "A good friend of ours died a couple of weeks ago, and another close friend of ours....well, we're worried for him, Beth. So we're going to go see how he's doing."

"Oh." Beth felt kinda bored with her work at the moment, as she was actually about to close shop early today, she then smiled; remembering the small blue guy, and how forlorn he looked last night. "Gonzo, isn't it?"

Skeeter looked up very astonished. "Yeah! How do you know him?"

"I helped him last night, with some flowers he needed for someone...special. Could I go with you guys. I've been worried about the little blue guy all last night."

"Sure I guess."

"Um, I've also got a friend too, the florist beside me, he'd really like to come as well."

Rowlf looked at Skeeter, and he shook his head. "Random people."

She smiled, patting his shoulder. "I have a feeling these random people may help him, okay?"

"Twin's intuitition?"

"Nope. Woman's intuitition. Now, time to go. Get that florist and both of you hop in my car!"

After they had met each other, all four of them got into Skeeter's car, and they headed down to Nancy's house. A large bouquet of flowers were now sitting in Skeeter's trunk, while an old grandfather clock sat beside them. Nancy had brought that old clock in to get fixed, and she forgot to get it again.

Beth only thought it fitting to return it to it's proper house again. Rowlf just wondered how he got saddled with some guy he didn't know, and two women. Skeeter looked over at him, and she smiled as she drove.

"That's just the way life is, Rowlf. Never let women drive or make decisions."

Rowlf propped his chin in his hand, leaning against the window, watching the trees line the roads; thinking. He looked over at Skeeter, and smiled, his thoughts drifting back to an old song he and Kermit had sung.

'You can't live with 'em, you can't live without them, there's something irristableish about 'em...'

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh like wow! Everybody else's done it...

So now it's my turn... Hugs for you Renee!
Hey Beth, we're going to Nancy's with Rowlf and Skeeter! At least, our fanfiction selves.

Kinda confusing, but there you are then. Sadie got stuck with Robin for the time being... And now Skeeter and Rowlf are gonna join the others.
Rully hoping for more story soon, when you get the chance.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Seven

Sadie sat around this small campfire, watching the other boys do wilderness stuff. Telling ghost stories or trying to make fires with just two sticks. She was kinda hoping this would be short, as...well, she and nature aren't the best of friends.

"Ow!" She slapped another misqoutie away from her, sighing softly. "So when does the troop leader get here?" She asked Robin, smiling. While digging in her purse for some bug spray. With all those frogs and toads around she had hoped she wouldn't need it.

"Oh, he's not coming today." One of the boys piped up. Sadie looked around for a moment, she seemed to be the only adult there.

Another small frog laughed. "Yeah, whichever adult stays is the Troop Leader for today!!"

Robin giggled a bit, and clambered into Sadie's lap, while two other frogs quite happily placed a dark green sash around her shoulders, and a small green hat on her head. She just sat there, kinda bewildered.

"Ribbit Ribbit, Scoutmaster....uh....Whatever-Your-Name-Is!!" All the small frogs ribbited and laughed happily.

"Ribbit...ribbit....kids." She smirked, just shaking her head, looking down at her purse. The kids were really happy and everything, they seemed to like Ms. Sadie.

"She's Frog Scoutmaster Grosse, guys!" Robin piped up, smiling. He leaned over to Sadie for a second. "They're just playing around. Scoutmasters sick, and apperently everyone else got sick. The last adult that had to back out already asked me to find someone just for today."

"And I'm the lucky one?" She said smiling.

"Yeah, I guess so." He looked at his badges for a second, smiling.

Sadie thought for a moment, of something for 8 energitic frogs to do. And it had to be naturey too. She smiled, and started walking towards the small forested area.

"Well, guys. Let's go check out...some of the types of trees around here, and...um..."

The kids smiled, then one of the boys piped up. "Let's camp outside tonight! Let's have a camping trip!!!"

All the boys agreed, and Sadie figured, might as well. They'll enjoy it I guess. So they started to set up camp a little ways into the forest.

---------------

Gonzo's truck pulled up in front of Nancy's house, and he just sat there for a little while, looking at the house. Kermit and the others piled out of the back of the truck, and walked around a little bit, stretching.

"It has been awhile, hasn't it Beaker?" Bunsen inquired, while looking over that old house. Beaker was just silent, looking around.

Scooter opened the door of the truck, and just sat on the seat, looking at it. It has been too long, he thought. After their parents had come to get everyone, they must've just lost contact from her. He sighed, looking over at Gonzo.

"We might as well go inside. It dosn't do us any good just standing around out here."

Gonzo nodded. "Yeah, I guess we should go inside." He walked up to the front, and found his keys, and fumbled around with them. None of them fit the lock. "Uh-oh."

"Uh-oh what?" Piggy asked, it was so cold outside, they all wanted to get in that house and turn the heat up.

"The keys won't work. I don't have the right one, guys." He looked back at them, smiling nervously.

"Oh great. Weirdo here dosn't have the right key. It's so cold out here." She stomped around in the snow, trying to keep warm. Kermit was already shivering like mad. "Kermie??"

"T-Try...being a f-f-frog, Piggy..." All he had on was a thin red scarve, and quite a thin old brown coat. Other then that it was just him and the winter elements at his mercy.

Bunsen was looking at the old round window, and peering inside, he saw a small latch at it's bottom. "Piggy, do you have a hairpin on you?"

She was hugging Kermit tightly, underneath her own fur and leather coat now, trying to get him warmed up some. "Yeah, yeah." She pulled a silvery hairpin out of her hair, handing it to Beaker. "But hurry up, Kermie's about to freeze to death out here!!"

Kermit gulped a little, leaning against Piggy. 'It's...not that bad, Piggy. We frogs just go to sleep until it gets warmer, that's all. We'd have to be literally stuck waist deep in snow to die from cold."

Piggy smiled, and hugged Kermit again. "That's good to know, Kermie."

"Ah-ha! Got it guys!! He opened up the nursery window, and everyone piled inside, two at a time. The last inside was Scooter and Fozzie. Scooter's shoelace got caught on the windows edge, and he tugged at it hard. He tugged again, and got hurled into the room, landing on top of everyone else.

"Oow." He sat up, and saw he was less a shoe. Fozzie grabbed it for him, tossing it across the room. "Sorry, guys. You okay?"

Everyone stood up, mumbling. Fozzie closed the window back. It was kinda odd being back in the nursery, after so long. Piggy handed Kermit her jacket, while she walked down the hall out of the nursery to go down to the basement and turn the boiler on, get some heat in that old house. Gonzo walked around, wondering why Nancy had decided to give him...everything she owned.

He saw the closet, and he smiled, opening it. He saw it was just simply a storage closet. Clothes, and excess toys, and whole bunch of rollerstates as well. "Hm. I'm gonna go check out the other rooms, guys."

He walked down the hall, and saw a room just beside the kitchen, down a smaller hall, he never noticed it actually. He walked down the tiny hall, and opened the door. He noticed it was her bedroom. Quite simple, a large bed, with two nightstands. A soft chair in one corner, and a large vanity. He saw some pictures tucked into the edge of mirror. It was some pictures of the kids, of themselves as babies. A small book of emergency numbers sat on that vanity, beside a telephone. He flipped through it. He saw the number for Wilson's Pet shop; in case something had happened to Kermit. Hortense's for Piggy, and Emily's for Fozzie. He saw an emergency number for everyone. He was a little suprised when he even saw a number for Skeeter and Scooter.

"She knew about J.P. then." He nodded to himself, he flipped more through that book, but he never saw a number for himself. "So I was alone. Why don't I remember the others coming into the house then? Why don't I remember growing up with her, before the guys??"

"Maybe because you don't want to remember, Gonzo." Kermit said, while leaning against the doorframe. He was still shivering a little bit, but not outright shaking anymore.

"Do you need another coat or something?"

"No, I'll be fine. But thanks. But like I said, maybe you just don't want to remember because those memories are really sad."

"Then why do I remember the day I was left alone in the nursery. When it was just me and Nanny!?"

Kermit stopped for a moment. He never knew Gonzo was totally alone here. "I thought Scooter had stayed behind. What happened?"

"You wouldn't know when we left anyways. You left us first, Kermit."

He sat down on the bed, beside Gonzo, and he smiled. "I know, but it was for good reasons. Still what happened?"

Gonzo nodded, looking down at the phone numbers again, he smiled a little bit.

------------

Scooter and Gonzo had both finished lunch, and were running back to the nursery to start back on their game. They were playing 2 man baseball. Gonzo did all the people, and Scooter was the pitcher.

"Alright, straight down the middle. Where I can hit it REALLY far, Scooter!! Put some muscle behind it!!" He was swinging the toy bat, imitating what he saw on TV last night.

Scooter looked at Gonzo, and frowned. "I'm trying my best Gonzo! Alright...swing batter-batter, swing batter-batter, SWING!!" He threw the baseball as hard as he could, and Gonzo swung the bat as hard as he could, and they collided.

The baseball went hurtling towards the door, which was opening.

"NANNY WATCH OUT!!" Both of them yelling, as they saw not Nanny's hand, but a male's hand reach out and grab the ball before it could hit Nanny's face.

"Sorry Nanny!!" Gonzo yelled, as he and Scooter ran up to the door. They stopped at the bottom of the small stairs, looking up at the two adults.

The young man smiled at Nanny, and nodded. He had an unlit cigar in his mouth, as he smiled down at Scooter.

"Looks just like his mother, bless his soul." The man said quietly to Nanny.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh... Such delicious a chapter...

The gang arrives at Nancy's house... Gonzo doesn't have the keys?
Bunsen opens up the nursery window? Didn't think they'd be able to fit through there.
The bit with Scooter losing his shoe and falling on top of everybody else was funny.

Gonzo... More proof of his origins, no emergency phone number...
And the start of a promising flashback tieing back to when they were just the two of them left in the nursery...

Good stuff all around, hoping for more.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Renee, I love you and hug you AGAIN for putting me in the story even more! Well, my fan fic self like Ed said. This is awesome! I'm glad Rowlf and Skeeter are going, it wouldn't be right if they didn't! I like how the other Muppets entered the nursery through the window. And the memories and gosh, it's just so awesome! Keep it coming, I'm anxious for more!