FanFic: Is That A Song There?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Eleven

Nancy sat in the TV room, not really watching TV. She wondered if she did the right thing. The twins were seperated now, and everyone else was gone. It was only her and Gonzo. She stood up, and walked to the nursery to tell Gonzo it was time for supper, but she saw the lights were off. She opened the door slowly, and softly walked inside. She a single small lump huddled underneath the covers of one of the cribs. She gently pulled the covers away, and she smiled sadly.

Gonzo had cried himself to sleep, she saw. His fur was matted by his tears, she leaned down and gently rubbed his cheeks and then picked him up, and walked over to the couch. She held him close, and starting humming softly. She didn't know how to help him to not miss his friends, but she could be the mother he never had, and probably will never see.

----------

Kermit was sitting by the phone, tapping the desk. He was waiting for an old friend of his to call back.

"He's taking longer then usual..." He muttered. The phone rang, and he grabbed it up quickly.

"Hi ho, there!"

"Hey Kermit! How you doing? You had left a message saying you needed some extra muscle over there?"

"Yeah, Ryan. Thanks so much. You and the guys really helped out when we needed it."

Ryan laughed on the other end, then he smiled. "So what's happened to the theater this time? Gonzo shoot himself into the ceiling? Crazy Harry?"

Kermit chuckled a little bit, looking around the room a bit. It was still bare walls and floors. "No, we're at an old friends house. It's in really bad shape, and we were hoping to get it like it was so long ago."

"Ah, a restoration project?"

"Exactly. When can you guys get over here??"

The doorbell rang, and Scooter opened the door, to find a guy talking on a cell phone.

"Check the front door, Mr. The Frog!"

Kermit poked his head out from the TV room and he laughed. "Wow, you guys are quick!! ...How did you know how to get here?"

As he closed the cell phone, he and about 4 other men stepped inside the house. "I saw Gonzo's label on the back of the truck, and I figured this was the place!" He laughed a bit. "Kinda hard to miss "The Great Gonzo, Stuntman Extrodinare".

Kermit nodded, and he showed Ryan and his co-workers the extent of the damage. Ryan making notes all the way.

Gonzo just watched. He hoped the house was savageable. It would kill him if it was torn down. He watched Beaker tool around with an old invention of theirs. The solar powered one man band. He thought that was the coolest of all their inventions. He walked over there, and watched Beaker for a moment. Bunsen strangely enough wasn't intruppting Beaker, he was just sitting in the windowseat, idly watching something outside the window. He sat down beside Bunsen.

"What'cha looking at Bunsen?"

"Hmm? Oh, just watching some of the birds. That's a beautiful cardinal right there, see it?"

"Yeah. It is really beautiful."

Gonzo watched the small red bird hop from branch to branch in the old tree outside the window. He had then remembered when Nanny had hung that bird feeder outside the window. It was empty, and had been empty for sometime. The plastic was cracked, and faded with age.

He wondered how they would have been if they had never been with Nanny. He knows what they would have been like if they had never met Kermit...but what about her?

"Do you miss her, Dr. Honeydew?"

Bunsen was silent, still watching the birds. His hands twiddling a bit, with a pen in them.

"Yes. Sometimes I do. I believe at one point in our lives though, our guardian did some kind of a memory wipe on us."

"Mee mo mo me" Beaker agreed with Bunsen. "Meep mee mo mee me, me mo meep."

"Yes, Beakie. That is true."

Gonzo looked between the two for a moment. "What did he say?"

"Our guardian, Professor Krassman, was quite an odd fellow. We were both his guinea pigs at many times. He had said 'Krassman was a cruel man.' Which in the end, unfortunately we had found out a little too late."

"A little too late?"

"It was after Krassman died, that while going through his notebooks and his computer, we had found out he was quite the beguiling man. He never cared for his subjects, and he did whatever he could to get the results to turn out like he wanted."

"...that's horrible, Bunsen. How bad was he?"

"He had attempted cloning on a live cat, which had suffered repeatedly from his tests. He finally got it to work properly, but it was after much suffering on the test patients part."

Gonzo just shook his head, he couldn't believe that one of his friends, the bumbling well meaning scientist was raised by such a cruel man.

"How long had you known him?"

"Ever since we were both merely infants I believe. Our parents sent us off to him, as we both showed high mental intellect. He was a mentor and teacher of sorts."

"Mo mee me, meep me mo mee." Beaker replied, setting a wrench down on the floor.

Bunsen nodded his head, smiling. "Yes, yes, Beakie. That was quite odd when it happened. Krassman is the reason Beakie here only speaks in meeps."

Gonzo looked to the side, and was a little astonished. "Really now?"

"Oh yes! It was some expriment that he's like that now. I don't know what happened, but only that the Professor had caused it."

Gonzo nodded, just wondering how Ryan and Kermit were doing figureing out how to save the hosue.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
This is vonderful Renee... Think I'll just let Ryan come in and spot the double reference in this chapter.
So we find out about Bunsen and Beaker's childhood under Professor Krassman. Very intereschting...

And Ryan as the contractor/house repair worker? Nice, and it helps with the final piece of the puzzle for the Hensonville street layout I'm thinking of for my story.
Look forward to more, catch ya later.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thank you, Ed. :big_grin: I'm starting to get back into the rhytem of the story again. I've watched a lot of MB and muppety stuff lately.

I've got "The Frog Prince" waiting for me in the VCR tonight when I get home from school. By the way, off-topic here:

Did Richard Hunt provide Taminella's voice? And Jerry Nelson puppetered her, or was it the other way around? I'm not sure.

*Shakes head, smiling.* I'm a RH fanatic, and I'm asking this question.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Could be wrong, but me thinks it was Jerry voicing Taminella Grinderfall. Oh, and be sure to listen for Sweetums' voice, it's not Richard's.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WHA!!! WHA HA HAHAHA!!!! OH MY GOSH RENEE!!! OH MY GOSH OH MY GOSH!!! *jumps up and down* You are amazing!! Thank you thank you thank you!!! I can't believe you included me in the story!! You rock!! :excited: So extremely awesome Renee!! And I cannot wait for more!! You're great!!!

(Oh, and btw, great inclusion of Profesor Krassman from TMM very nice refference)

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Jerry Juhl actually provided the voice for Taminilla. I remember reading that somewhere in an interview as for puppeteering I have no clue. Anyways, I seriously love the story. It reminds me so much of the Muppet babies episodes that I watched growing up. You have a great imagination and you are a wonderful writer and you really capture the characters personalities. Keep going, I can't wait to see what happens. This really is a cute story and it just makes me smile while reading it.:smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow, some more great writing Renee! I really like the flashbacks that Gonzo has. I know I keep telling you that, but I think it really gives the story more heart and it's so sweet. I loved the introduction of Ryan! And I'm so happy that they're going to try and save the house! It's really great, I'm looking forward to more! I'm glad you found your groove again!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

Renee, I'm sorry I haven't been able to read this until now <shakes fist at homework> but WOOOOOOOW! I- <faints>

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
...Wow.

And the number one cause of heartattacks on MC lately?

My stories. XD

-Glad you guys both loved it. By the way Lisa, is Robin enjoying the story? You're reading it too him, back at the boarding house! (oops, just gave it away..)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Ryan... In that last chapter... Did you happen to notice a reference to a certain other story?