FanFic: Is That A Song There?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes... Mike Wilban's sage advice... Don't go bald, shave it.

Nice chapter. So now we've got Dave and Richard on Ryan's team.
Wonder what those papers in the box were. Wonder who ate 'em up.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Very very nice!! Awesome Piggy/Skeeter scene! I loved it! It reminded me of the old Muppet Babies days! Loved it!! :excited:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGABOODILADEEBAH! (I've been typing a lot more gibberish lately...)

I'M DANCING! I'M TAP DANCING WITH KERMIT AND ROBIN! YIPPEEEEEE! And the paper, the box of paper, how intriguing! And RICHARD! And he needs glasses... <giggle> And the hair scene, oh, the hair scene!!!!!!!!!!! I hug that hair scene... I just hug it all over!!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I had a feeling that your next "Sadie Story" would be centered on Gonzo, Renee.:big_grin: I love how it's turning out so far, with Gonzo inheriting Nanny's old house and Piggy & Skeeter shaving their heads (that part I had a little trouble imaging). I'm also glad that they didn't tear down the house, despite how much it was falling apart; although, it would probably add a lot of drama and suspense if something were to happen to the house behind their backs (perhaps by someone more vile than Eli Takashi was before his redemption in "Demon's Delight").

This is really awesome. Can't wait to read more.:wink:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
muppetwriter said:
I had a feeling that your next "Sadie Story" would be centered on Gonzo, Renee.:big_grin: I love how it's turning out so far, with Gonzo inheriting Nanny's old house and Piggy & Skeeter shaving their heads (that part I had a little trouble imaging). I'm also glad that they didn't tear down the house, despite how much it was falling apart; although, it would probably add a lot of drama and suspense if something were to happen to the house behind their backs (perhaps by someone more vile than Eli Takashi was before his redemption in "Demon's Delight").

This is really awesome. Can't wait to read more.:wink:
One Word: IDEA!

PS: Thanks everyone for those kind and halairous comments. XD

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Fourteen

Scooter's cell phone rang, and he picked it up, squinting at the front of it for a moment, before answering it. "Muppet Theater's resident gofer speaking, what'cha need?"

Skeeter giggled hearing that. She was laying on the couch watching Scooter, still giggling wildly.

"Skeet, shut up! It's my position and everything. Sorry about that."

Richard's voice could be barely heard over the din of noise on the other end. "HEY! HOW YA DOING?"

Scooter glanced at his phone, wondering why he was yelling. "What are you yelling for? It's really loud over there."

"YEAH IT IS, WE'RE WORK---" The loud noise suddenly stopped, and it was almost silent behind him. "WORKING...oh, we're working on the walls now, they've got the pressure cannon going behind us. So you're Scooter?"

"Yeah, I've always got my phone with me, so they gave you guys my number. Is everything alright down there?"

"Everything's going fine, we've found some old canister with some photos and other things inside one of the walls. That and a lot of things that got overlooked are sitting on the kitchen table now. Gonzo's gonna have to come down here soon, though, and go through it, we can't put anything else on the table."

"I thought everything was in the basement though?"

Richard sighed softly, and a rustle of papers could be heard. "No, I don't want you guys to do that. We'll do woodworking later. ...Fine, just let me finish talking with Scooter, and I'll go get that." Scooter could hear Richard making some odd noises. "NO! I don't know what in the world that is, Frank. Go ask Ryan, he'll probably know."

"What's going on?"

"Dave and Frank keep on asking me when we're going to get the woodworking done, and Frank just shoved something underneath my nose to ask me what it smelled like. They keep bothering me, and I'm trying to set up layouts of the house. Why don't you just get Gonzo to get down here. We need him to check up on somethings, and also get some of this stuff moved."

Scooter nodded, smiling. "Yeah, alright. I'll get him going. Just Gonzo I guess?"

"Yeah, sorry, but we dont' need anybody else in the house now as it is. We've only got two extra..." He coughed deeply, sounded like he was hacking almost. "Ugh....only got two extra respirators down here."

"That bad?"

"Oh yes. Sawdust, grout, drywall dust, and fiberglass too. We're trying to take out the fixtures in the bathroom. Apperently Nancy went for cheap and economical, everything is practially crumbling when we touch it now."

"With eight to ten kids to watch out for, of course she'd go for what's cheap."

Richard laughed a little bit, and coughed again. "MAYBE YOU COULD THROW SOME MORE DUST MY WAY GUYS!! Sorry, I need to go now, just get Gonzo down here. Only two people, himself and someone else should come. And if more decide to come, they'll not be allowed inside, alright?"

"Right, Richard. He'll be down there in a little bit."

"Good, bye now."

"Bye."

-------------

Scooter stumbled his way, back to Gonzo's room, wishing he had his glasses back now. He stopped in front of his room, and knocked on the doorframe.

"Hey Gonzo! They need you to go down there. Check out some stuff....are you okay?"

Gonzo was sitting on his bed, with Camilla beside him. She was nuzzled up against him, making soft clucking noises. A small box was in front of him. He was holding a small toy chicken in his hands, stroking it softly.

"See this Camilla? This is my baby chick, I named her Camilla too."

"Bagawk?" She asked, pecking softly at the chicken.

"Yeah, she's got the same name as you."

"Bawk.." She sighed, leaning against Gonzo. Gonzo looked over at Scooter, and he smiled.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just looking over some old stuff. What's happening down there?"

Scooter clumsily walked into Gonzo's room, and was assulted by a toy cannon hanging from the ceiling. "Oww...they've found a lot more stuff. They need you to go down there, and move some of it out. They won't touch it until you check it out."

"Oh alright. Camilla, you'll stay here, okay?"

Camilla nodded, nestling down onto Gonzo's bed, and lowered her head, onto the small red jumper sitting on it. She closed her eyes, and started to go to sleep.

"Is everyone else coming too?"

Scooter sighed a bit. "Well they can come, but not inside the house, they're doing a lot of work that's throwing dust in the air. And they only have two extra respirators. So you and one other person can go inside the house."

"Oh. Will you come with me?"

Scooter looked a bit confused, but Gonzo wasn't sure if that was cause he couldn't see of if he was really confused.

"I mean, I want you to come with me. I...I don't want to go in there alone, you know?" Gonzo looked a bit worried.

Scooter smiled, then tapped his face softly. "I can't see Gonzo. Niether can Skeeter. We're going to get our glasses soon, but until then, I'm pratically blind."

"I'll lead you then. I really want you to come with me, Scooter. I don't think anyone else will...."

"Will what?"

"...will understand how I'm feeling."

Scooter stopped for a moment. He realized what Gonzo was saying. He never had any family it seemed, until he met his Uncle. He was as alone as Gonzo was, a long time ago. He knows what Gonzo was feeling, on some level.

Scooter nodded, smiling softly. "Alright. You lead me, and I'll follow."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw! They found the time capsule. That's a nice touch Renee.
Hope Gonzo gets down there quick, sounds like they need him. Wonder who'll go with, Camilla maybe?

And Frank... Good to still have him around for the odd appearances.
Now then... You need any glasses from the place that sells them? For Scooter and Skeeter, I mean. Maybe Sadie knows where and she's already gotten them.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Actually that chapter isn't finished!! I'm currently working it in another window. XD I clicked "Submit" instead of "remove signuatre" XD It'll be up in a little while.

It's finished now! Read above!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Fifteen

The two stepped out of Gonzo's truck, and Scooter was standing by the truck, waiting for Gonzo.

"I've wondered something, Scooter. If you're pratically blind, how can you get around the boarding house?"

Scooter laughed, smiling. "I've memorized the layout of it. I tripped over a seat that someone moved eariler today. So, I know my way around, but that and the theater are really the only two places I know."

"What about Nanny's house?"

"Not yet. I know a few ways around, like from the nursery to the kitchen maybe, but I'm still worried I'll hurt myself. Especially with all those machines around."

"Well, I'll make sure you don't get hurt."

"Thanks Gonzo."

Richard walked out from the house, almost gagging. He was covered from head to toe in white dust, he had two respirators in plastic bags in his hands. He ripped his own one off, and coughed some. Then he sat on the outside steps.

"...are you sure you guys still want to go inside there?"

Gonzo nodded, walking up to Richard, and sitting down beside him. "Yeah, we really want to, plus you said you had needed me."

"Yeah, that is right. But it's getting worse in there. The inside drywall is literally crumbling into dust, and with the pressure cannon, it's like a tornado of dust in that house. Everything is coated in that white stuff. I got you two guys respirators and goggles, but other then that, be prepared to look like a ghost after this is all said and done."

Scooter frowned, and put the goggles and repirator on. He then took off his jacket, and laid it on the railing outside. His shirt was pulled upward for a moment, revealing his chest and stomach. Richard caught sight of his scarred stomach and raised an eyebrow.

"What happened to you?"

"Hm?" He looked down at what Richard was looking at and he frowned softly. "I had a liver transplant a month ago."

"Wooh, I don't think you should go inside then, Scooter. It may be too dangrous for you."

Gonzo looked really worried, he didn't want to go inside alone. "We've got everything we need. Why can't he go inside?"

"I just wouldn't want to see your friend hurt. And personally if we didnt' need you too look over all that stuff, we'd not let you in either. But because we don't want to mess with stuff that's yours, we're letting you inside only for a little while."

He nodded, and Scooter looked straight at Richard. "I'll be fine. A little dust isn't going to hurt me. I'm tough." He made a strong looking pose, then he grimaced a bit, he stretched himself where he shouldn't stretch.

Richard smiled a bit, about to laugh. "Okay tough guy. Just be careful, and don't go wandering off. I want both of you to stay near me, alright?"

They agreed and went inside the house. A cloud of white dust erupted from inside, and settled on everything on the porch.

Scooter's jacket was now covered in it.

---------

"Wow. I don't even recoginze the house anymore, Richard." Gonzo said quite muffled through the repirator, he could still feel the dust in his mouth, even with it. Scooter was walking right behind him, his hand on Gonzo's shoulder. With his vision all he could see is white, and honestly, it scared him a little bit.

"Uh, are we near the kitchen yet, Gonzo?"

"Almost. Just be careful. Box is to your left, okay?"

"Alright."

Richard looked back at them for a moment, and although they couldn't see it, he frowned. "Is he alright?"

"He's having trouble seeing, that's all." Gonzo replied. Richard reached over and wiped Scooter's goggles off, he could see the young man squinting through them.

"It's not the dust Richard. I just can't see!" Scooter said, quite forcefully, as the respirator made his voice so soft.

"Can't see!! Oh, that's great." He got a bit softer with his tone, towards Scooter. "Maybe you should have stayed outside, that would have been much safer. ...Never mind, we're at the kitchen now. We've left a few seats still out, but other then that, the'res no other furniture in this house. The kitchen we'll be doing last."

The three of them sat down at the table, and then they closed the doors, so they could take off their masks. The first thing Gonzo picked up was a photo album, and he flipped through it, he saw the old coffee stained picture, and he smiled. Scooter picked up the capsule, and he cracked it open.

"Wow. Nanny did put some more stuff in here."

Gonzo laughed a bit. "Glad Fozzie broke that wall, huh?"

"Yeah. It was so cool, we got to see everything that Nancy had put in there. And it's all still here too."

Richard decided to look at something as well. He picked up a bag and he looked in it. "Wow, she must not have worn anything that wasn't purple or red or pink, huh?"

Gonzo looked down at the bag, it was full of Nancy's clothes, lots of green and blue striped socks, and her usual dresses and sweaters. He smiled, then he saw something a bit odd, it was pure white. He started to pull it out, and he held it up. It was a beautiful pure snow white dress, very simple of course, but it looked unworn. It even had a tag still on it. He looked over at Scooter, who was still looking at the capsule's contents.

"Hey, Scooter. Look at this. I think this might be...Nancy's wedding dress."

"But I don't think she was ever married though." He looked at it, and he smiled. "That's quite a beautiful dress though. A shame she never wore it. Dosn't even look really like a wedding dress actually."

Gonzo nodded, and folded up the dress, and as he did a small card fell out of it, he picked it up and started to read it.

"Wooahhaooh!" Gonzo exclaimed, reading it again.

"What is it Gonzo?"

"Read it...just....oh I'll read it to you then."

"Dear Nancy,
I'm sorry, but my work has gotten too demaning lately, we'll have to postpone our wedding date until we can find the perfect time and place. My sister has agreed that you will be their new mother, if you don't mind of course my sweetheart. Just as soon as we can find the time, it will happen I assure you. Just keep your hopes locked away, until that precious day.

Love, J.P.G."

After Gonzo finished reading the note, he looked over at Scooter, silent. He was wondering who this guy was, and he saw Scooter's horrifed expression.

"J. P. G.? Oh, no....it couldn't be him..."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... What to say...

Good of Gonzo to lead Scooter through the house. When being led by a human guide, you're supposed to place your hand on their elbow, but I've modified it so that I place my hand on the shoulder of the person's who leading me. But I kinda agree with Scooter.
J.P.G.? Not sure about that plot twist. You're the author, and you've done such beautiful work on your previous three stories and this one also...

Well, I hexpect more soon.