FanFic: Is That A Song There?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
...I wrote it and I don't know what you're talking about either, Count. Could you kindly point it out to me!?

I've read so many stories and watched so much Muppets lately, I put one in without myself even noticing it.

Can you point it out?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twelve

Ryan's coworker Dave looked over the notes, and he nodded, talking amongst the other guys about the house.

Ryan turned back to Kermit, smiling. "The foundations good. And the walls arn't that bad off either. We're a little worried about that old boiler and some of the vents. Dave went inside them and he found a few things caught inside."

Dave walked over, and set a few things down on the kitchen table, so Kermit and Gonzo could see. Their was an old pink skate, a yellow beanie hat, multiple keys, and a very dried up shrunken sandwich.

"I'm suprised that those vents didnt' catch fire or anything. With so much stuff in them. Most of this stuff came from the vents around the nursery. Did you kids like to shove stuff down there?"

Kermit laughed. "It's probably Animal that did it. For a long time he thought those vents could be used as storage. If it wasn't for us, there'd be a whole lot more then just that."

Ryan chuckled a bit, looking back over the notes. "It shouldn't take long for us to restore the house, Kermit. We'll have to get everyone out though for awhile, so we can bug-bomb it. Way too many cockroaches in the walls, and we found a suprising amount of fleas in the nursery."

"Four of us were furred, and still are, so that's probably where it came from." Gonzo replied to Ryan, as Rowlf came walking inside the kitchen, stratching like mad.

"Hey Kermit, do you remember where Nanny kept the flea powder?? We got something of an infestion down here. Me and Fozzie are about ready to stratch our fur off!!"

Kermit frowned a bit, shaking his head. "You should do that bug-bombing as soon as possible, Ryan. And Rowlf, it's in the bathroom, underneath the sink if I remember right."

Rowlf stratched his ears walking back out of the kitchen going down the hall to the bathroom. "Thanks Kermit." A few minutes later Rowlf's yell could be heard throughout the house. "HEY FOZZIE!! Found the flea powder!!"

Kermit looked at Gonzo for a moment, smiling.

"See this?" He pointed to his neck and pulled a slender red collar up from under his shirt so he could see. "Prepared ahead."

Kermit laughed out loud. "At least Frogs don't have fur, so that's good."

"Thanks Ryan, we'll get everyone out of here in a few minutes, so you guys can start work. Thanks again."

"No problem Gonzo, glad to help old friends out." He smiled. "Just tell us when everyone is out, and we'll start setting those bombs out, we've got a lot in the back of our van."

"Great! Hey guys, let's get going!!" He walked down to the nursery, and he saw possibly the oddest sight he'd ever see. Scooter, Skeeter, Beaker, Janice, Animal and Piggy were all stratching like mad where they had hair. When Ryan said an infestion, he wasn't kidding.

"Uh oh."

Piggy stood up, you could see around her hairline it was quite red, from her stratching so hard, she'd never had fleas in her life, and she was itching like mad now. "Uh oh what!? You could have told us there were bugs in this house, Gonzo!"

She started to storm outside the door, with the others behind her. Skeeter looked angry, still stratching her head, with Scooter not far behind her. Bunsen helped Beaker push that old contraption out of the door, he stopped and looked at Gonzo for a second.

"Did you tell them about the fleas, Gonzo?"

"They found out themselves, they'll bug-bomb the house, once we're gone. Hey, why dosn't it bother you?"

He tapped his bald head, and smiled. "No hair! Nothing for them to feed on."

"Ah, let's just get going then."

Bunsen nodded, and watched as Beaker got assulted by a cymbal on the one-man band when the solar panels hit the sunlight. "Right. Oops, I forgot to turn it off!"

"ME ME MEEP!" He squealed, as he rushed to find the off button. He found it and sighed, as he kept on pushing it outside.

Everyone was finally outside, and Ed leaned over to Gonzo. "Are you sure it's not lice or anything?"

"Nope, just fleas. Everyone'll probably want to take some kind of a flea dip once they get home."

Beth sighed, rubbing her head, as she and Ed walked back to Skeeter's car. "At least it isn't lice." She shuddered. Skeeter and Rowlf got back into her car and they drove off, to go drop off Beth and Ed back at their shops.

"Quite a day, huh Kermit?" Gonzo asked looking back at the house, he could a bit of whiteish smoke filtering out from some of the cracks in the house, it smelled awful.

"Yeah, and we should probably get going too." He waved his hand in front of his face, it was quite noxious those thin trails of smoke and fog were.

Gonzo just nodded, as the rest of them, plus a One-Man Solarpowered band got into his truck. This time though Piggy and Kermit were up in front with Gonzo.

---------

After everyone had gotten flea dipped back at the house, they just laid around the living room, trying to get that stench out of the house.

"Now I know what that reek comes from every month. I thought it was Chef's cooking!" Scooter replied to Rowlf, wearing tshirt and shorts, rubbing his head, trying to get all that stinking water out of his hair. He put on his glasses, and he frowned. "Aw great!"

"What's wrong, Scooter?" Rowlf asked, sitting the multi-toweled sofa now.

"That dip water ruined my glasses!!" He looked at them, they were stratched and etched because of the chemicals in the dip.

Skeeter walked out from the bathroom, wearing a robe, her soaking wet hair in a towel-turban. Her glasses in her hand. "You're telling me, Scooter. That stuff just about destroyed them.."

Rowlf looked between the twins, and he laughed softly. "Why didn't you two take your glasses off during that shower?"

Skeeter sat beside him, still sopping wet. "Niether of us can see without our glasses, that's why."

He nodded, and watched while Sadie and Robin decended the stairs, with another lady in tow behind them.

"Wow, Ms. Lisa!! I really liked that story now. Thank you for...for coming over and reading it to me."

Lisa bent down and picked Robin up, and gave him a big hug. "You're very welcome Robin. I'm glad you liked the ending too."

Robin smiled, and started trying to tap dance, but he fell over, and looked over at Kermit. "Uncle Kermit! Would you do 'happy feet'? I wanna see you tap dance!!"

Kermit looked at Robin, laughing softly, then he stood up. "Okay, Robin. We'll do it in the kitchen, were the hard floor is though."

"Okay!! Can you show me how to do it too!!"

"I will. Let's go then."

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Fleas! Hysterical! I can just see the mad scratching going on! In fact, reading this chapter even made me start to itch a little bit! And let me see, Dave...a reference to Vic Romano? I'm pretty sure I know who Ms. Lisa is. I hope they get the house all nice and cleaned up. Looking forward to more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Sure, here's the reference that's giving you the trouble...
Is That A Song There?, Chapter 11.

He wondered how they would have been if they had never been with Nanny. He knows what they would have been like if they had never met Kermit...but what about her?

Reference to We Know That It's Probably Magic.
Isn't it?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Or is Dave a reference to Dave Goelz? The MB references...
Piggy's roller skate from Muppet Museum of Art, Fozzie's old beanie hat...
The Keys to the roller skate from when they went to the center of the earth...

And at least the house'll be salvaged... Just gotta wait till the bugbomb fumes clear to get more story. And I hope Scooter and Skeeter get new glasses. But having Lisa come in and finish reading Swamp Call, with Robin wanting to learn Happy Feet was the best part.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
WOWOWOOWOWOWO!!! THIS IS SO AWESOME!! I'M TALKING TO DAVE GOELZ!!! (I think...:stick_out_tongue:) VERY VERY VERY AWESOME RENEE!!! CANNOT WAIT FOR MORE!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<dancing> I read to Robin, I read to Robin, I read to Robin, I read to Robin, I read to Robin, I read to Robin... <dancing>

YIPPEE!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome! The whole chapter is so awesome! The story is so awesome! YOU are so awesome! FOUR-DAY WEEKENDS are so awesome! ...Er... <scratches head> Sorry, I don't know the connection there, either...

But really, AWESOME chapter! I love the fleas, that was hysterically funny... And the glasses, and the one man band, and the fleas, and yes I know I said "fleas" twice, and hey did I use the word "awesome" yet?

MORE PLEASE!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Thirteen

Rowlf sat down at the piano, and started to play 'happy feet, tapping along with the music. Lisa had stayed behind, and was watching them tapdance in the kitchen. Everyone was singing along with them, but Robin kept tripping up a little bit. And Kermit had actually gotten a bit rusty in his own tapping, so he probably wasn't the best teacher for the little guy.

She leaned over to Sadie, who was looking over the twin's glasses; seeing if she could salvage them at all. "Hey, Sadie? Should I show them?"

"Show them what, Lisa?" She smirked up at her. "You've not danced in nearly 3 years. You're just as bad as Kermit is."

"I could try. Plus, two teachers is probably better then one." She stood up and walked into the kitchen, her shoes gently making a clacking noise as she walked.

"Do you think I could join you Kermit? I used to tap dance sometimes."

Kermit smiled. "Oh, good. That sounds great." Then she and him started tapping away to that music.

------------

"Well the house is completely bug-bombed, Ryan. Found some really pesky critters in there, but we got it completely clean now." Dave reported to Ryan, as the house completely cleared out of the smoke.

"Great! We need to reinforce these walls, and get the carpeting and wallpaper up." Ryan said, while walking through the house, with a small air cansister forcing the rest of the vapor out of the house. One of the guys came up from the basement, holding a small box in his arms. He had found a small mouse inside it, dead when they looked through the furniture as to clear out all dead bugs and vermin out of it.

"What's that, Richard?" Dave asked, when he saw the box. Richard set the box down, and it was full of paperwork, halfway chewed through. He picked the dead mouse of it all, and handed it to Dave. Richard removed his airmask and coughed.

"Bleh, this stuff reeks. It looks like some important paperwork, but I can't really tell." He squinted a little bit, trying to read it properly through the chewed up, and marked upon spots. "It's so tiny."

"You need glasses man. I've been telling you that for years."

"Your face!" He frowned, trying to read it again. "It's just such tiny type, you try to read it then!" He handed the paper off to Dave, who couldn't read it as well.

Ryan was watching them fuss over the box of papers. "Would you two ladies shut it please? We'll just put this box on the kitchen table, and we will get to work. Gonzo can sort through that stuff when he gets back to check up on the house."

Dave nodded, and the three of them set back to work on the house.

----------

Scooter slammed his head into the doorframe, trying to exit his room. "OW!" He wondered when his new glasses were going to be coming, he really needed them now. Skeeter was having the same trouble.

That house still stunk of flea dip, and flea powder. They had to clean everything in that house, because once they entered, it went everywhere. Piggy was sitting on the couch, looking through some old photo albums, while Gonzo sat beside her, watching some TV. She had a very pretty blue silk small turban on her head. It was to hide the fact because of those fleas she had to have her head shaved. Skeeter also had to have that done too, but she didn't care one way about it. She just wore a baseball cap if it was cold.

Fozzie looked over at Piggy and smirked. "What happened to you?"

"One more word, fuzzball and you're gonna be a rug in front of that fireplace." She flipped the page, rather angrily. Skeeter then walked into the room, and Fozzie backed up a bit.

"Woah. Why are you bald too Skeeter??"

"Me and Piggy couldn't get rid of those fleas. So, we could only do one thing, shave our heads. We tried multiple flea dips and powders, but they wouldn't leave. I don't really mind it, I mean hair does grow back dosn't it?"

Fozzie just simply nodded, and Piggy absentmindly rubbed her head. She hated to be baldheaded like that. "Stupid Beauregard. I just wanted it really short, not completely gone." She mumbled stratching her head.

"You'd look like G.I. Jane if you had it really short, Piggy."

"It'd be better then this!" She ripped the turban off, revealing a very red head, two gently folded over pig ears, and absolutely no hair at all. Beauregard didn't do a good job shaving her head, so she had small little stratches and nicks all over. "It felt like fire when I took my shower eariler, Skeeter."

"It'll grow back soon enough. See?" She ran her hand over her own bald head, and if you looked closely you could see red hair already starting to show back. "Just give it a little while, that's all."

Piggy mumbled something and placed the small turban back on her head. Skeeter giggled a bit, walking back to her room.

Scooter stopped her for a moment, smiling, placing a hand on her shoulder. "I thought you were fine, sis. You didn't have any more fleas."

"I know. I just didn't want Piggy to feel alone, that's all."

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Another great installment and I think it's sweet at the end that Skeeter only shaved her head because she didn't want Piggy to feel lonely. That is true friendship even if Piggy doesn't realize it. Very nice, made me smile.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thank you. Yeah. I once shaved my head for a friend who had really bad lice. I'm thinking of shaving my own head anyways. I'm losing small parts of it, cause of treatment. It's really bugging me. XD