FanFic: The First Time it Happens...

Smiles

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm going to start this new story.... even though I'm not finished my other one yet (I WILL FINISH IT!) And I'm going to try to update this story more frequently than I've been with my other... you'll all prolly have to bug me a little though.

If I take to long you have my permission to poke me with a stick. So here's chapter 1...

~*~CHAPTER 1~*~

The state of the boarding house was chaotic as usual. Amidst the hubbub Kermit, Clifford, Rizzo and Pepe were having their weekly Friday night card game, giving not a twitch to the bedlam surrounding them. The doorbell rang and when no one gave up their eccentric activities to answer it Kermit reluctantly got up, made sure none of his poker partners would peek at his cards, and headed towards the door.

When he was just about at the door Piggy flew down the stair and beat him to it. Piggy flung the door open and gave a great big hug to a young cow, no larger than himself, with a small light red suitcase and her dark brown hair in pigtails. Kermit shot a confused look to Piggy about their visitor.

"Kermie, this is my friend Denise," she said addressing not only Kermit but the rest of folks in the room who had all stopped what they were doing and see their new guest. "Remember, I told you all about her visiting when you were watching the game a couple nights ago," Piggy continued.

"Oh of course," Kermit nodded not wanting to admit that he hadn’t been paying attention to anything she said that night, "Umm, I’m Kermit. Pleased to meet you."

"Oh so your Kermit?" Denise exclaimed happily, "I’ve heard sooo much about you! When’s the wedding?"

Kermit changed from his natural green to bright red, "Look, I don’t know what Piggy’s told you, but there’s no wedding. Gee, um, we’re not even dating." He looked around at everyone who was staring. Some were biting their lips, some covered their mouths, and some looked away; all of them trying to conceal their laughter. He braced himself for the inevitable karate chop that was bound to happen after making a comment like that to Piggy’s friend. But… it didn’t come, she just brushed off the comment as if nothing had happened.

"Umm, Rizzo, Pepe," Piggy said sweetly, "would you two show Denise to the guest room and help her with her bags?" The two collected themselves enough to make it to the stairway.

"Hokay Ritzo, I’ll do the showing and jou do the helping," Pepe said as he and Rizzo lead Denise up the stairs to the guest room. With the dead silence downstairs, their laughter could be clearly heard when they reached the top.

Piggy walked a couple feet to where Kermit stood. ‘Here it comes,’ he thought, ‘she just didn’t want to make a bad impression on her friend.’

But to Kermit’s great surprise, and relief, no karate chop came. No drop kick either. She just fluttered her eyelashes and said ever so sweetly, "You know Kermie, one day you’ll have to admit you love me." With that, she walked off to talk to find her friend, quite aware that as she left all eyes were on her.

Leyla

Reaction score
Yay! Yippee! Yippee! Yay! I love it already! Squeeee! More please!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Pepe's line was, like, one of the best Pepe lines I have heard, ever. I'm covering giggles and snorts here.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Ooh, I like it! I'd love to read some more! Great job so far, very descriptive!

Smiles

Reaction score
~*~CHAPTER 2~*~

Piggy poked her head into the guest room and watched Denise unpack her things. "Need some help?"

"Sure," Denise said and the two of them began folding shirts and jeans and putting them in dresser drawers. "So Piggy, mind telling me what’s going on with you and Kermit?" she asked not very surprised at the situation, she’d been used to Piggy’s antics since they were little girls. And Piggy had to gotten used to her antics by now too.

"Well it’s hard to explain," Piggy told her.

"Try me," said Denise looking at her stack of clothes in her suitcase. "I’ve got time," she laughed.

Piggy sighed, "Well you see, um… remember in my one movie where I sang ‘the first time it happens you know’?" Denise nodded. "Well," Piggy continued, "I guess that’s not always true for everyone. You see Denise I believe in love at first sight. But I also believe in love at second sight, and seventh sight, and three thousand and eleventh sight! And well some people have a delayed reaction, and that’s Kermie."

"So it’s like he’s in love with you, but he just doesn’t know it yet?" asked Denise.

Piggy shook her head, "Oh he knows he’s in love with me all right, he just doesn’t know thatyet!"

"Men are difficult," Denise nodded.

"Men ARE difficult!" Piggy agreed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

"Got any threes?" Clifford asked.

"Go fish. I cannot believe you convinced us to switch from poker to go fish Pepe," Kermit said.

"I was having an off game hokay?" Pepe explained.

"He probably lost that ace he keeps up his sleeve," Rizzo commented.

"I’m going to ignore that," Pepe said looking over his cards, "got any twos?"

"Go fish," Rizzo told him, "So Pepe what do you think of that cow?"

"Ah, she’s not my type," Pepe said as he drew his card from the pile.

"Since when has any girl not been your type?" Clifford asked skeptically.

"Well see first I met the pig…" Pepe began.

"Yeah, Kermit’s the only one who Piggy’s his type," Rizzo cut in.

"Hey, wait a…" Kermit tried to defend himself.

"I wasn’t talking to you Kermit," Rizzo stopped him.

"But I…," Kermit gasped.

"Really Kerm, If they’re not talking to you, then you really should stay out of the conversation," Clifford told him.

"Si Kermin, butting in to other peoples conversations is rude," Pepe told him. Kermit shut his mouth. "So anyways… and then I meet this cow who is friend of the pig, and it’s like she’s wearing a big sign: stay away Pepe," He finished.

"Unless you wanna get karate chopped," Clifford laughed, "So have you any fours?"

"Yeah," Kermit sighed handing over the card.

Clifford looked over the card unsurely. "Um so now that I have a pair what do I do?" He asked placing his cards down on the coffee table.

The rest of the group shrugged. "I dunno, I’ve never gotten that far before," Pepe told him.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<Laughs> "I dunno, I've never gotten that far before." HAAAA!

And of course, I love the rest of the chapter as well. Oh, for shame, did I forget to comment on chapter one? I did? Oh, shame on me! I love this story, really, I do, and I want to know where it's going and what happens next and- MORE PLEASE!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Now that I have a pair

Clifford looked over the card unsurely. "Um so now that I have a pair what do I do?" He asked placing his cards down on the coffee table.

The rest of the group shrugged. "I dunno, I’ve never gotten that far before," Pepe told him.
Oh, Smiles--I'm going to assume your double meaning was cleverly planted (good job!) or that you have wonderful intuition for double meanings. There's not a man in the card-playing crowd you describe who actually knows what to do with "a pair"--since he's never been part of one long enough to find out! Well played! (And yes, that was intentional.)

Smiles

Reaction score
Thanks for all the lovely comments all. I'm ever so glad you like it!! Now on to the story.....

~*~CHAPTER 3~*~

The next morning Denise awoke not to her typical wake up call of birds chirping or a rooster crow, but to an explosion. She was quite sure she’d dreamed it, why would there be an explosion anyway? But the commotion that had woken her up continued and she wondered what on earth was going on.

She decided to head down and get some breakfast, that is if she could find the kitchen in this maze of a house. Luckily, she found the kitchen not long after she started her search and in an instant she knew where all the noise was coming from. She stood jaw dropped in the doorway and took in the peculiar sight before her.

She watched as the inhabitants of the house scrambled around bumping into each other trying to get some food, while most of the food in the house appeared to be flying through the, with a couple penguins. "What on earth is going on here?" she muttered to her self.

As if from nowhere, a strange blue fellow popped up next to her. "Piggy hasn’t told you much about life at the boarding house, has she?" he asked.

"Well I don’t suppose I could really believe what she told me anyway," Denise answered still looking around the room in awe. The blue fellow nodded. Thanks to some residential blabbermouths, news of last night’s incident had spread all over the house, and even to a few folks on the street.

"Well life in the boarding house is weird and wacky," the blue fellow told her, " And as guide to the weird and wacky, I, Gonzo the Great would like to say please keep all hands and feet inside the vehicle and". He stopped short as he watched Denise walk absent-mindedly away. Gonzo shook his head, "You should never leave your tour group."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

Denise eased her way through the mob of muppets much more easily than she had anticipated looking in from the outside. She was just walking along looking at all folks she didn’t recognize, the few she did when a pastry was thrust in front of her face. She looked down, confused, at the small orange guy who had showed her to her room.

"Raspberry flapover," he told her, "eat it."

She took a bite and made a face. "Pepe, this tastes like dirt," she told him.

"Well jour not going to want anything the chef makes, hokay," Pepe responded.

"There’s a chef here?" Denise asked in astonishment.

"Yes, jour not going to want his food. And these are good raspberry flapovers!" He said putting several of his hands on his hips.

"PEPE! These taste like DIRT!" she told him.

Pepe glared at her, "Cow."

"Shrimp!" she rebutted.

"No, King Prawn," he told her.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~​

Denise grabbed an apple from the fridge and some eggs from chef with a strange dialect and took them up to her room. This way even if she didn’t like the chef’s food she would still have something to eat.

She didn’t really understand what the chef had told her but she thought he said something about a ‘western’ omelet. "I wonder why they call this a western omelet?" she asked herself aloud.

"Because it speaks in the twang of a cowboy from the Wild West," said an anonymous voice speaking in the aforementioned accent. Denise looked around the room but saw no one there. "Down here," said the voice. She looked down at her omelet, which now had eyes a mouth and was sporting a stylish ten-gallon hat. "Howdy," said the omelet, " It’s lovely to meet ya an all. But I’ve got to get goin". And the omelet inched out the door.

Denise watched it go, amazed, the n shrugged. She still had the apple. As she was about to take a bite it ‘popped!’ and exploded all over the room. Apple bits everywhere.

Miss Piggy walked into the room. "Hey Dee," she said, "I need to go get a dress for the show tonight. So Janice Camilla and I were wondering if you want to go out shopping in Hensonville."

Denise shook her head, "No way!" Piggy looked at her, confused. "You see Piggy," Denise continued, "I looked around town before I came here last night. There’s just too many references, too many inside jokes out there. Way too much for me to handle."

Piggy laughed, "All right Dee, if you’re sure." She looked around the room. "I see you tried to eat one of Harry’s apples."

Denise nodded, "Do you have to deal with this every day?!?"

"You get used to it," Piggy laughed.

"And why do you keep laughing at everything I say?" Denise asked, almost offended.

Piggy laughed again, "That’s how you get used to it around here."

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
"Too many inside references, too many inside jokes." Loved that. XD

And Piggy is slowly going mad...that's how she deals with it. XD

Leyla

Reaction score
Now where did I leave my poking stick... ah, here we go!

*poke, poke*

This is great fun, Smiles, and therefore it must be continued! Denise is interesting. It's nice to see Piggy having a friend. Love all the Muppety craziness too. Renee definately has a point about Piggy going mad, though.

Denise shook her head, "No way!" Piggy looked at her, confused. "You see Piggy," Denise continued, "I looked around town before I came here last night. There’s just too many references, too many inside jokes out there. Way too much for me to handle."
Now this, I understand! Speaking as someone new to this forum, and to the Muppets in general, in a way, I spend a lot of time hopeless confused at all the references and in no way am I gonna attempt to live up to this... reality that people have created.

Loved the double entendre that Ruahnna mentioned, whether it was intentional or not, and really, I just love the whole thing. Sooooo.... *poke, poke.*