FanFic: The First Time it Happens...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I realize I never replied to this chapter, but that doesn't mean I didn't read it. I read it, and I love it. And I'm still waiting for more.

Just thought I would let you know.

Smiles

Reaction score
Ay me! I just realized I haven't written a new chapter for this in over two weeks! So wrote one:wink:. But more importantly, I also haven't READ everyone's fanfics in about an equal length of time!!!!!

So I'm sorry everyone and look forward to doing my hideously large amount of catch up when the God of Summer gives me free time (June 13th!!!) Untill then here's a chapter.....

~*~CHAPTER 8~*~
"Can you understand anything he’s saying?"

"I didn’t know that Kermit talked so quietly on the phone!"

Scooter pushed his ear up to the door and strained to hear; Gonzo, Fozzie, Floyd and Clifford gathered to hear what was going on. "From what I can tell," he told them, "He’s either talking to the Insurance Company or the Bank."

"With our luck, probably both."

"He’s been on the phone for such a long time."

"Oh hey, someone’s coming! Disperse! Act natural!"

The group moved away from the door and started to casually chat as Piggy walked in.

"Great show today everybody."

"The band was great."

"Nice cannon act, man"

"Hey Scooter, why’d you walk on stage during my monologue?"

"Well I wasn’t in any skits this week, and I couldn’t just leave my fans hanging!"

Piggy stood silent and raised her eyebrows, (or would have if pigs had eyebrows). The guys gulped and looked at her. "Are you all eavesdropping on Kermie?" she asked.

"Course not." "No way." "Eavesdrop? Us?", They murmured.

"Besides," added Fozzie, "Even if we were we wouldn’t be able to understand anything he’s saying." The guys sighed, closed their eyes and shook their heads. Their cover was blown.

Piggy smiled, "Did you really think you could hear without a glass?" She pulled one out of her purse and put it up to the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Kermit sat at his desk, phone in hand, papers strayed everywhere. "Yes…. Yes….. I know we’ve had a lot of previous fires……… But we have your insurance; you can’t just not help us…………… Our policy was canceled?" he searched around the papers on his desk, " after the last fire?" he continued to look, " I don’t have any record of that………Are you positive?…….. You have record of it."

He stopped twiddled his thumbs for a moment and took a breath, "Look, can you give a frog a break here? We can’t afford the construction crew without this insurance money…….. The bank won’t give us anymore loans…Oh…. You don’t care…. Well then…" He left the phone on not really knowing what to say.

"That’s it!" he heard the voice from outside his door behind him. Someone jiggled the door handle, "locked." "Kermie, Kermie! Open the door! Kermie!" He turned around and faced the door just in time to see it come crashing to the floor.

Piggy slowly and gracefully walked in. "It’s okay Kermie, we can do it." He stared as the others popped in the door way, "Yeah Kermit, we can rebuild the theater."

He shook his head, "I dunno guys. None of us are really construction types, we weren’t exactly built for this."

They all shrugged. "Kermit," Scooter piped up, "We’ve done lots of things that your average frogs, dogs, bears, chickens and whatevers can’t normally do. We never that stop us before."

Kermit nodded, "Okay. But we’re going to have to start with that door."

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
<laughs at the door>

Yay! Yay for the new chapter! Yay for eavesdropping! It comes so in handy in these stories...

You get your free time June 13? Dang it, I leave the country June 18. I'll miss out on the story for a while. Eh, so is life...

MORE PLEASE!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good chapter... Please post more when you can.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Would love to see the entire contents of Piggy's purse--wouldn't you?

Smiles

Reaction score
Goodness.... So much for the 13th.....:smirk:

~*~CHAPTER 9~*~
Denise carefully carried the yellow paint up the ladder and dipped in her paintbrush in. She slowly stroked the paintbrush back and forth, back and forth, on the wall until she accidentally knocked the paint over with her elbow.

"Well I’ve always wondered what it was like to be a golden retriever," she heard from below.

She cringed. "Oh sorry Rowlf," she said as she walked down the later and took a look at the dog now dripping yellow paint.

"It’s all right," Rowlf sighed, "Must be fun for you. You come to visit and the put you to work. What’s a coat of paint going to do for a burnt theater anyhow?"

"Well," Denise replied taking a look at her work thus far, "you’d be surprised how much a little yellow paint can do to brighten things up."

"It’s doing wonders for me."

Denise laughed a little, "I guess a better get you a towel or something."

Rowlf shook his head, " I wanted to go back to the house anyway; you saved me the chore of finding a good excuse." He walked off and Denise looked down at her once full paint can.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"I’m going to need another paint bucket," Denise said to Kermit and Piggy who were trying to keep the whole rebuilding business organized. Kermit because that’s just what he does, and Piggy because she was trying to avoid doing anything that might actually cause her to get dirty.

"We just gave you a full one fifteen minutes ago," Kermit pointed out.
"Well I kinda spilled mine," Denise said, "On Rowlf."

"It’s okay Dee," Piggy said handing her a new bucket of paint, "It’s the fourth one that was spilled today." She marked it down on the supplies list and turned to Kermit, "Maybe we shouldn’t have done the paint dear."

Kermit blushed a bit at the word "dear", then looking at Denise, still standing there, shrugged.

Denise turned around, tilted her head to the side, and began walking back to her ladder. No kidding.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Denise walked over to her ladder swinging her unopened paint bucket, her head in the clouds.

"Watch out Denise, you’re stepping all over our cards."

She looked down at her feet atop a card game with Fozzie and Pepe on either side of her. "Don’t you need four people to play poker?" she said steeping off the cards.

"We’re playing solitaire," Fozzie told her.

"Now that’s a one person game."

"We’re betting on who can get it done the fastest."

She watched the guys play for a while, neither of them very good. "Shouldn’t you two be working anyway?" She smirked.

"We are on our "card break" hokay?" Pepe told her.

She smiled, "Looks like you two could use a little help." She sat down and began giving them pointers.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Jou helped him win!"

Denise looked down at Pepe from atop her ladder, "Stop pestering me! I helped you too!"

"But jou are the reason he won! Do jou know how much I lost on that bet?" Pepe said, hands on his hips.

Denise rolled her eyes and went back to painting, "It’s only a hair dryer."

"But without it how will my hair be beautiful and soft?"

"I’m sure Fozzie will give you visitation rights for your hair dryer."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... The visitation rights for the hair dryer was a cute joke.

Good job with this chapter, and finally updating. Now, don't think you're going to get away scott-free on the nagging just cause Lisa's away. No, no... Ju must post more story, hokay? Pertty please?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Using poking stick borrowed from Nicole. Poke-poke-poke. Nag-nag-nag. Come on, don't you want to post more story? You'll feel much better.
Now, if you'll hexcuse me... *Leaves to prod next author on list.