FanFic: The Search For Sadie

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Eleven

Sadie's car pulled up to Nancy's house, and she parked in the small driveway. She saw Nancy's old car, the left tail-light was missing now, with a plastic bag and duct tape covering it up. She stepped out of her car, and walked over to it.

"Oh...goodness. I hope she's alright..." She noticed the white mark, where the other car had almost sheared off the side of Nancy's car.

Nancy had heard the car from outside, and using the crutch she found in a back bedroom of her's, she hobbled out to the side door, it opened out the garage.

"Hi, Sadie! I'm glad to finally meet you....you look just like you do in the pictures...."

Sadie smiled, and walked near the door, Nancy let her inside, and they both walked to the kitchen. Sadie realized the two weren't alone. She heard some odd noises coming from a large room at the end of the hall.

"What's that, Nancy?" She started to walk down there, and Nancy said nothing, as she neared the door. Her hand rested on the doorknob, for a second.

"YEAH!! I got the high score finally!!! I BEAT SCOOTER!!! I BEAT SCOOTER!!!" Skeeter was doing this victory dance in the nursery, she had found some old game they used to play when they were toddlers. It actually was quite a unique game. It wasn't for toddlers.

Either that or Nanny thought WAY ahead of what you'd normally think toddlers would have for games.

Sadie turned the doorknob, hearing her yelling. "Hello?? Who....is....it...." Her words slowed down, and she felt like her brain had turned into jelly, and her body into stone.

Skeeter saw the woman, and walked over to her. She looked her up and down, she looked a lot like her. "Mam...are you okay?"

"uh...um....oh....ba....mi...oh....my....MY BABY!!" Sadie reached forward, and grabbed Skeeter in a tight hug. She kept hugging, until Skeeter pulled away from her.

"....You know me?" Skeeter asked, watching this strange woman.

"Yes...I...I did know you. I...I'm your mother, Skeeter."

"......"

"Skeeter?"

".........." Skeeter turned away from Sadie, looking out the old circle window. Then without any words, she walked over and sat down in the windowseat.

"Skeeter....you don't remember me, do you?"

Skeeter was holding back tears now, it looked like she was glaring out the window.

"It's....I do remember you."

Sadie's face lit up, she was happy again....her daughter did remember her. She was worried she wouldn't remember her anymore.

Skeeter's expression was dark, staring at her mother.

"You left us."

------------------

Kermit, Fozzie and Gonzo waited eagerly by the phone. It seemed Fozzie was trying to stare the phone into ringing, and that Kermit must've thought making a flipper-sized rut in the floor would work to make it ring. Gonzo just simply watched Scooter's door from the sofa.

It rang.

"I'VE GOT IT!" All three yelled, while they all clamped hand, flipper, and paw on the reciever.

They were fumbling with the phone, yelling at each other. The doctor could be heard yelling as well on the other end.

Piggy shook her head, watching them. "Try the speakerphone, dipsticks." she replied, walking from her room to the kitchen.

Kermit pressed the button for speakerphone, and everyone got themselves untangled from each other.

"Hi! Um...how did it go, Doctor?" Kermit asked uneasily.

The doctor could be heard sighing softly.

"Well, what's happened with Scooter?" Gonzo asked.

"Yes, we'd really like to know, and so would he.." Fozzie replied, twisting his hands over and over, worried.

They could hear some shuffling of papers over the phone, then it stopped.

"I...I don't know how else to say this, fellows. Your friend, Scooter Hunt Grosse, he's......"

"WELL!?!?" They yelled in unison, the tension was too much for him.

"I'm afraid to say, but he's dying."

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Aw, man. That last chapter guys....I'm shaking here and I wrote it.

I had such a hard time getting it out.

But...I'm not lying. Some voice inside of me told me I'm doing a good thing.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
"I'm afraid to say, but he's dying."

<faints>

Edit: I know exactly what you mean, shaking while writing... I know exactly what you mean.

Scenes with Nanny and Skeeter and Sadie... A few lines stick out:
There was a small can of spray paint stuck in the bottle holder of the bag. Oh, she definately had no part in it.
Hilarious!
"YEAH!! I got the high score finally!!! I BEAT SCOOTER!!! I BEAT SCOOTER!!!"
Also hilarious!
"You left us."
Heartwrenching!!!

And then, Fozzie taking Scooter to the doctor... I just love that whole scene. And Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo, waiting for the phone to ring... well now that's just priceless.

But- and mind you, this is among my highest compliments for use the heartwrenching factor- that last line stabbed me. Right in the heart.

And by the way... I have a feeling.. that little voice might be right.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hamanahamanahamanahamana...

There with the...and...and the...oh and she...and he...and they...and then she...and...and...SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTER!!!!!!! *faints*

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score

That sound you're not hearing is my heart. 'Cause it's stopped beating.

-Kim

theprawncracker

Reaction score
KIM!!! NO!!! *gets out defibulator* QUICK LISA!! I'LL SHOCK HER AND YOU SPLASH HER WITH A COOLER OF ICE COLD WATER!! *shocks Kim with defibulator* ...LISA WHERE'S THAT WATER???

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, who are you and what have you done with the real PrawnCracker? Get out of his body and back into your own Lisa!

Now then... Some game Skeeter was playing, a nod to the episode It's Only Pretendo?
And to use one of Lisa's patented moves when replying to story... You got me in the heart right about here...
The part where Skeeter helps Nanny with her broken ankle into the armchair and sits down beside her. That just goes back to my memories of when I had better sight, and one of the classic MB episodes, The Muppet Museum of Art where Skeeter got her ankle sprained on one of Piggy's skates after playing roller hockey with the wax fruits. And of course they decided to make a museum of art with the classic spoofs and such.
Here's to a great story, hoping for more.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ryan... Get Uncle Deadly's lightning touch... Oh, never mind.
*Pours bucket of water from the river Styx on Kim.
There, that should wake her up, it's the coldest thing... No?
Well then, Ryan, let's make some wakeup juice.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
The Count said:
OK, who are you and what have you done with the real PrawnCracker? Get out of his body and back into your own Lisa!
Aw but Count, see, it's like Prawnie said in another thread- once we write a fanfic together, we share EVERYTHING...
Wake up juice? How do we make that? Is it at all similar to brownies, chocolate chip cookies, scrambled eggs, or peanut butter sandwiches? Because if not, then I'm completely lost. Hm, and hungry...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
Because if not, then I'm completely lost. Hm, and hungry...
Ok, if you're lost, I have a question, have you tried Harry Krishna? And if you're hungry, have a muffin! :crazy: