FanFic: The Search For Sadie

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks Lisa, I'll take this cute, cuddly brown one. Ok, I'll stop muffining your thread now Renee. I've got my bear, I'm set, now give us an update please!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Muffins

*hands apple-cinnamon muffins to everyone*

Next chapter in a little bit. :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Good, I hope. Will need some of your great story to calm me down. In a bit of a row with someone over in another fictional thread.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twelve

Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, even Piggy; she had heard it too....time had stopped for them. Although it wasn't one of them....it might as well had been.

"D-Dying...?" Fozzie asked.

"How is he dying, Doc?" Gonzo looked at the phone, bewildered. Kermit stayed silent, looking down.

"He has what's called the hepatits c virus."

"Hepa--what it's again?" Gonzo looked confused, looking up at Kermit for a moment.

"Your friend...he has Hep C, it's a condition of the liver. He's dying as we all speak." The doctor sounded so sad, while he spoke to Scooter's friends. He hated to break such news as this...sometimes he wondered why he was ever a doctor in the first place.

"Why has he suddenly gotten sick, then? He was fine a week ago, Doc." Kermit spoke up, curiously wondering.

"His liver isn't working properly, and he apperently had gotten ahold of a nasty cold, and with his weakened body, it's quickly developed into broncitious."

The doctor heard the oppressing silence on the other end of his phone. He realized, they might have taken it the wrong way.

"Your friend is dying yes, but in some way, arn't we all? I'm meaning you don't need to dig his grave just yet. He needs to be protected from sicknesses, and watched over when he does get sick. You know how the body works? It protects you naturally from most illnesses. But...he's not able to protect himself as well as he had before."

Kermit looked upwards towards Scooter's room, he was still sleeping apperently. Or so he thought. Scooter was in fact sitting on his bed, reading some more of those stories he had found. He was getting sleepy, but he didn't want to shut it off, just yet.

"...wow....these people do really great stories of us...." He was drinking some hot tea that Rowlf had brought up for him, eariler that day. Robin was curled up in Scooter's armchair, he still worried about him a whole lot. But Scooter told him to just stay in the chair, not on the bed, like Robin had wanted orginally.

He heard the knock on his door, and he had tried to get up, but he was just exhausted. Robin instead pushed open the door.

"Hey Uncle Kermit!" Robin said happily, he saw his Uncle's expression. "Uncle Kermit? Is something the matter??"

Kermit stayed still for a moment, he wasn't sure what to say. He didn't expect Robin to be in there with Scooter. He picked up Robin, and held him close, walking over to the same chair Robin was in eariler. Gonzo and Fozzie both sat at the edge of the bed, smiling as best they could.

"Boss? What's wrong?" Scooter closed the laptop, looking at Kermit, then at his other friends.

A few uncomfortable moments passed, silence filled the room like an oppressed cloud.

"You're dying, Scooter!" Gonzo suddenly blurted out, then he closed his eyes for a second, sighing. Fozzie played with a loose string on the bedsheet, while Robin dug deeper into the crook in Kermit's arm, hugging him tightly.

"I'm what!?" Scooter sat up more in the bed, the laptop slipping off and slamming on the floor. He could hear the screen cracking. He stared at Gonzo, and his eyes widened. "H-How....Why!?"

Kermit hugged Robin, like he was a teddy bear, he hated to say it to one of his best friends. "It's your liver, Scooter. It's basically....stopped working. And because of it, your getting weaker, and the doctor had told us, you might live for only a few months, unless you could get a transplant..."

Scooter was silent, staring at the same small string Fozzie was messing around with. All thoughts had stopped. He thought his heart had stopped.

It felt like the world had stopped for him. And it would never start again.

-------------------

The nursery was silent. Nancy had left them to go and sit back in the TV room, she had a feeling they would eventually work things out between them. She could hear things hitting the wall, and something then being sprayed.

"I hope to god they don't wreck the children's old things....or the room..." She grimaced a bit, then turned the TV's volume louder.

Then it stopped. Just as suddenly as it begin, it stopped. She decided it was now time to check up on them. She opened the door, and was astonished.

The two grown women were covered in spray paint, black and red respectively. Skeeters shirt was ripped, and Sadie's pants had a hole in it. The two had been fighting. And hard.

"...I can't believe you two. Fighting like children! And you're mother and daughter no less!!!"

Skeeter smiled sheepishly, and helped Sadie to her feet. Sadie felt the hole in her pants, and wondered if she could fix it soon enough. Skeeter felt the rip in her shirt, and zipped up her jacket quickly.

"I used to change your diapers, so that isn't going to phase me one bit." Nancy stepped down the small stairs and looked around the room. It was completely clean, and spotless. The two had graciously moved the furniture and other stuff, before they fought each other.

"Why did you two decide to fight though?" Nancy was quite puzzled at the two of them. "I know Skeeter was always a little hellion, but I never figured she'd try to start a fight with her mother!"

Sadie laughed a bit, wrapping an arm around Skeeter's shoulders. "She just got so angry at me, she decided to take it out on me."

"But, Mom or not Mom, I wouldn't let us fight unfairly, so we just had a bit of a wrestling match." Skeeter smiled at Sadie. After the fight, during that silence, Sadie had shown Skeeter some pictures of herself with the twins, so Skeeter knew who she was after it.

Nancy looked at them from head to toe. Sadie had black spray paint on her shirt and her ripped pants, and even had some in her hair then. Skeeter's shirt was ripped from the shoulder to the bottom edge, it would have fallen off it weren't for the other shoulder holding it up. She had red spray paint all up and down her pants, and had a few streaks on her face. It actually looked like it was smeared there on her face, instead of sprayed on.

"...So everything is alright, I take it?" Nancy smiled, leaning on a cane now, as the crutch was a bit too uncomfortable. She saw the memory box was open, the items laid out in front of it. Scooter's computer hasn't been opened. "You've found the box. That's very good."

Skeeter smiled, and walked over, holding up a very small shirt against herself. "I'm suprised I was ever that small, Nanny!!"

Nancy just laughed, as Sadie walked over, and started sifting through the box, talking excitedly with Skeeter over the contents. She left the room slowly, walking down the hallway. The phone started to ring in the kitchen, and she went inside and picked it up.

"Hello, this is Nancy Takashi...and who's this?" Nancy asked happily into the phone. The other end was silent.

"Hello?? Who is this??" She was about to put down the phone, when the other person responded.

"Hi ho there, Nancy." The person said, unenthusatically.

"Kermit! I'm so glad to hear from you again! What are you doing, calling for at this time of night? Don't you have your show to do?" She glanced at her watch, and it was nearly 8pm now.

"We've postponed the show, Nancy." Kermit looked over at Gonzo and Fozzie, who were just sitting on the sofa again.

Her voice became gentle, as if she was speaking to him as he was a small child. She knew he would appereicate it. He may have been a grown frog, but she knew what was needed. "What's wrong? I can hear it in your voice, Kermit."

His voice was small, and a little scared sounding. "Scooter...he's....he's very sick, Nanny." Kermit tryed to remind himself, that he didn't need to call Nancy, Nanny anymore. But the name stuck, and it was hard to change it, even as a grownup.

She thought for a second. 'They're grownups now. Why are they going out of their way to call me about it? It probably is just some cold or something. But, she couldn't say that to them, she pratically raised him and his friends. She grabbed the seat, sitting down.

"Oh dear. Have you taken him to the doctor, then Kermit?"

"Yeah. That's the problem, Nan---Wahh!!" Kermit was being wrangled by Gonzo, and Fozzie, for him to put it on speakerphone.

"Fine! Nanny, you're on the speakerphone." Kermit grumbled, as the two got off of him.

"Oh. Hello!"

"Hi, Nanny!!" Gonzo and Fozzie said in unison to the phone.

---------

As the boys told Nancy what had happened with Scooter, Piggy had stood in the doorway to the kitchen, listening, a tray of food in her hands. She wasn't eating it though. It was for Scooter.

She didn't say anything to them, but she walked up the stairs, and knocked on his door. Hearing no response, she opened it. She saw him sleeping soundly, she lowered her eyes for a second. She knew he bothered her all the time. But...he was one of the people who had helped them keep their theatre.

He always convinced his Uncle to extend their lease. And he was the first to give up his paycheck. He never cared about the paycheck at all, in fact. Piggy suddenly felt very ashamed of herself.

'Although Kermie was the head of us all....Scooter was the heart. He kept us on time....kept us reminded of what we had to do. He--' Piggy's thoughts came to a halt, when Scooter turned over and smiled at her.

"Hey there, Miss Piggy." Scooter sat up in the bed, and smiled at Piggy. She blinked back tears, and sat the tray on his lap not so gently. He scrambled to grab the plate before it hit the floor. Piggy sat down in the armchair beside him, and slipped a glove off, starting to file her nails, not looking at him.

She was trying her best not to cry.

"Piggy?" Scooter asked, taking a gulp of his drink. "Yoo-hoo?" She didn't say a word, but kept filing her nails, looking at the floor. Scooter just decided to let her be, he didn't feel like getting a karate chop today, or getting yelled at. The two sat in silence, while he ate.

After he was done, Piggy picked up the tray, and started to leave the room. She turned around and gave Scooter a peck on the forehead.

"Huh? Miss Piggy..?" He asked, not knowing what else to say.

"...It...it would be a shame...." Piggy said, tears gathering at her eyes now. She turned away from Scooter, he could tell although something was bothering her, but she was getting kind of overly dramatic now.

"A shame? What are you talking about?"

Piggy looked down at Scooter. He didn't look like himself now, such a pale face and weakened frame; everyone was making sure he ate, especially her. She didn't realize or even know why she suddenly cared so much for him. She didn't love him, like she loved her Kermie. But still...she loved him as if he were her brother. She patted his head, and smiled.

"A shame if you should leave, too soon, Scooter. We'd all miss you so much!" With that, she hugged Scooter tightly, and he wrapped his arms around her, not really knowing what else to do. Piggy wasn't even making much sense, she wasn't even speaking whole sentences now.
She just spoke to him what her heart was saying to her.

"I love you, Scooter...not like Kermit of course, but we'd all miss you, if you died, and left us! You're always....on time and everything. You'd convinced your uncle to help us keep the theatre, and you loved us, no matter how much we fussed at you, or bothered you; and...oh!! You even gave your paycheck up, and I wouldn't, and I was so selfish that Christmas, and I still am...and....and...."

She looked at Scooter, two slim tear lines tracing her porcine cheeks. She sniffled at bit, and stood up, smoothing out her shirt. She grabbed a tissue, and dabbed at her eyes, then blew her nose.

Scooter smiled, although Miss Piggy was sometimes mean to him, he felt no malice towards her. He always knew she just had a bad temper, and he just brushed it off as normal going ons.

"Um, thanks Miss Piggy. I still feel bad about calling you 'ham'."

Piggy's sad smile fell, she raised an eyeridge at him. "When did you call me 'ham'?"

"Oh. When I was talking to Kermit over the walkie-talkies. During our Winter Show a year back. I had told him, "The ham is jammed." I heard you yelling, so I thought you were angry with me."

Miss Piggy stared at him. She never had heard him say anything like that before. "I was yelling because I was upside down and stuck, Scooter. I never had heard what you said."

"Oh, okay. Thanks...for all you've been doing for me." He smiled, a little embarrassed. He was used to dragging things, and getting things for everybody else. This was a new to him.

"It's no trouble, Scooter. We just hope you get to feeling better soon." She picked up the tray once more, and left his room, closing the door halfway. Scooter sighed, and looked at his laptop, it was completely busted from the day before.

"I guess I'll never know what happened to us then...."

He turned over, setting the broken laptop on the floor, and he went back to sleep.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
...Wow...It's just...Oh wow...Skeeter and Sadie...and Scooter and Piggy...And Nanny...Oh wow...

This is amazing Renee...I...I'm really speachless...

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
...are my stories that good? Or is everyone just being really really nice?

Not trying to sound mean, but I've never gotten this great of comments before on my previous stories.

(before I wrote Sonic the Hedgehog fanfiction. This is my 2nd story concerning The Muppets. My first was "Remembering the Good Times We Had" of course.)

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Yes Renee, your stories are amazing. You've taken us back to the characters we've known before in MB, you've introduced us to new characters, good and bad in Life, Sadie, and others, and most importantly, you've withheld the Henson spirit and characterization these immortal characters are famous for. And it takes a very special and talented writer to do that. And yes, your stories are that good. :smile:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
Yes Renee, your stories are amazing. You've taken us back to the characters we've known before in MB, you've introduced us to new characters, good and bad in Life, Sadie, and others, and most importantly, you've withheld the Henson spirit and characterization these immortal characters are famous for. And it takes a very special and talented writer to do that. And yes, your stories are that good. :smile:
....I cried in happiness when I read that. Thank you.

Sidenote: Not to sound uppity or anything. But Jim was a somewhat close relative to me, although I'm not close in his family or anything. His Father is my Granddaddy's brother. But, I'm not blood-related to him on any level. I was adopted. XD

But I've always believed myself to be firm believer in what Jim believed.