FanFic: The Search For Sadie

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I'm reading Chapter Eight right now, and I'm getting a bit choked up. I know it's just a story, but I'm really worried about Scooter.:frown:

Seriously...this is some real stuff.

EDIT: That "Swamp Call" bit was a classic! Excellent writing going on here, Renee!

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I just got finished reading Chapter Eleven...and all I can say is...Wow. Just...wow.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Fourteen

All of the Muppets piled into the Mayhem's bus. Kermit was in the front seat, and Piggy was beside him, Robin on her lap. Gonzo was on the other side of them, Camilla tucked close to him under his arm. Dr. Teeth was driving, and the rest of the Electric Mayhem were near the back, with Animal chained to his usual seat. Scooter was laying down on the last seat of the bus, stretched out long, so he could sleep some more.

"What's going on with the gofer, froggy man?" Floyd asked Kermit, yawning a bit. It was so late at night when they finally got going towards the theatre.

Piggy was leaning against Kermit, her and Robin fast asleep themselves. Kermit for once, didn't seem to mind it at all. He turned around slightly, to speak to Floyd, and everyone else who might not have known.

"Guys. We're going to talk to Scooter's uncle, see what he can do to help him. Scooter might also be going to the hospital soon."

"HOSPITAL! HOSPITAL!!!" Animal yelled, getting a bit excited, for no apparent reason. Scooter turned his head away from Animal's yelling.

Floyd yanked at Animal's chain, and he looked back at Scooter again. "He's sick? I thought he might just haven't seen enough of that golden sun, ya know?"

Janice agreed with Floyd, and looked out the window again. "Yeah...poor guy looks rully beat."

Kermit just nodded his head, and turned back to Miss Piggy and Robin. She had a good grip on the little frog, and the two were sleeping peacefully beside him. He wondered what had happened when she gave Scooter his meal...after that, she was so quiet. Even when Floyd had made a crack about her, she never threatened him. He thought that was quite unlike her.

"Everybody, wakeup time!" Dr. Teeth proclaimed a short while later, as he eased the bus into a parking spot.

Everybody filed out of the bus, except for Kermit, Fozzie, and Gonzo. They looked down at Scooter, who was still asleep; and wondered how they were going to help him out of that bus. They really didn't want to wake him up. He looked so peaceful.

"You guys go ahead, I'll get him up." Fozzie replied to the two, and he watched as they left the bus.

Fozzie knew how to help others when they were so sick like this. He'd helped his Ma for a good while, when she was sick. She got better though, but...it was just like with his Ma again, with Scooter here.

He eased one of his paws underneath Scooter's back, and another underneath his head. He pulled him up in a big hug, against him, to get him sitting up. Scooter opened his eyes, and looked over at Fozzie, he smiled.

"Hey, Fozzie. What're doing?" He shuffled around, and sat against the bear for a second. He looked down at Fozzie's arms, which were still around him...supporting him up, so he wouldn't fall back against the seat.

"I...I'm sorry I'm such a burden, Fozzie."

"Never say that, Scooter. You're never a burden on any of us."

He looked at Fozzie, who was smiling gently at him. Fozzie then stood up, and helped Scooter to his feet, and the two walked out of the bus, and into the theatre.

Scooter had found one of the heckler's armchairs, backstage, and he settled into it. He sniffed the air, when he sat down.

"It smells like old man, Fozzie." He laughed, looking up at Fozzie.

"It should, they are so old, they're history!" Fozzie laughed at his attempt of a little joke, and Scooter chuckled.

-----------

The black car swerved into the theatre's parking lot, almost hitting the bus in the process. Sadie hopped out of the car, slamming the door. She ran up to the theatre's back door, and pounded on it.

"PLEASE!!!!! Open this door for me!!!!" She yelled, her heart felt like it was tearing some more, with every passing second she was away from her son.

Nancy stepped out of the car, and walked calmly over to Sadie. She saw the woman frantically working the doorknob, hoping it would open, Sadie was starting to cry, because she thought they weren't opening it fast enough.

Rowlf heard the commotion outside, and he walked down the hall to open the door.

Suddenly, Rowlf was underneath an older female muppet. Her glasses had fallen off, and she was trying to get up, and find them. Rowlf then handed them to her.

"Where's Scooter?" She asked quickly, not caring about who she just squashed in the process.

"He's right over there, mam." He pointed to the back of the armchair, across the backstage room. He blocked her for a moment, not letting her pass. "What's so important that you need to see him? He's a bit under the weather right now."

Sadie said nothing, but shoved Rowlf to the side, so she could get by.

"HEY!! You don't need to bother him, mam!!!" He started to walk towards her, and a hand grabbed his ear, gently.

"Rowlf, let her be. She's his mother, dear." Nancy said quietly, into his ear. He turned around, and his eyes widened a bit.

"N..Nanny? Uh...hi?"

"Hello, Rowlf."

While the two talked softly about what had been happening with each other, Sadie walked up beside the armchair, having picked up a small chair herself. She set the chair down beside him, and looked at him for a second.

Scooter was asleep, yet again. He was still in his pajamas, with his Muppet Show jacket on. He was wearing his red sneakers, them propped up on a small box that was in front of him. One of his hands were dangling off of the armrest of that old chair. Sadie reached forward and held his hand. She said nothing, but just being able to touch his hand, meant the world to her.

She was able to comfort her son, in the only way she really knew possible. To just be there. To love him with the might that only a mother could express. Scooter felt the touch of her hand, and he looked over. He thought it might be Miss Piggy, or perhaps Annie Sue.

"Hi sweetheart." Sadie whispered softly, she reached up and stroked Scooter's forehead. She knew he probably didn't know her from Jane Doe, but, she couldn't stop herself. She wanted the world to scoop him up in her arms, and just cradle him. Although he was nearly 20 now, she still loved him no less.

"Hey." Scooter watched the woman carefully, he wasn't scared, he didn't even move. His heart told him, in that unspeakable, undecipherable language....she was his mother. The woman who he had longed to see, since he was merely a toddler.

She was who he was searching for. He reached over, and gave her a hug, he leaned against her shoulder, he felt like crying, he was so happy. That small part of his heart, that had been broken for too long, it was repaired. Just one small part remained apart, but...he figured no heart was ever whole, so it was as it should be. He let the flood gates open. He cried, into her shoulder. She just simply held him for what seemed like an eternity to them both.

Kermit held Piggy's hand, watching the others. No one spoke, no one moved, except their hearts.

----------

Skeeter finally slowed down, grabbing onto a telephone pole, she was about 20 feet away from Jim's shoppe, and she was gasping for air now.

'I'm a marathon runner...but this is insane!! I should have stayed behind and let my mom drive me there!!!!' She heard a car driving by, she saw who the driver was.

"HEY!!! JIM!!!! Can you give me a ride, PLEASE!?!" She waved her arms, yelling, trying to get Jim's attention. She knew she was about another hour of running away from the theatre, at the pace she had slowed down too.

Jim pulled the car over, and leaned out the passenger window. "Hey, Skeeter! I haven't seen you a long time!! What's the problem?"

"I need a ride to the Muppet Theatre, please. And quick! Can you get me there!?" She huffed a little, still feeling winded out.

"Sure, hop in! It'll be no trouble, Skeeter!" Jim replied to her. She got into his car, and he pulled a u-turn, going towards the theatre now.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Thank you, muppetwriter. :big_grin: For a guy who dosn't read anything but his own works, that's a great compliment.

And to Lisa, Ryan, and Ed. I'm sorry!! I had thought I wouldn't be on anymore, but I was able to get this last chapter squeezed out before I left for the rest of the weekend.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
"Never say that, Scooter. You're never a burden on any of us."
That...That right there is amazing...That is GOLD Renee! GOLD!! I love this so much...Sadie, finally reunited with Scooter at long last...and Skeeter getting a ride from Jim...Wow, this is all so powerful!! Thank you again Renee for this story!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
........<faints>

Wow, Renee, just... wow.

Sadie... and Scooter... that... scene just... See I- all of a sudden, just- FELT it, you know? Right when Nanny told Rowlf that... Sadie is Scooter's mom... Right there, I just... <closes eyes> I feel like this story is so real to me that either I am a part of it or it is a part of me, or maybe both. It's just so amazingly powerful...

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
*still dabbing eyes* Thanks.

Can you see my tears on that story, guys? Cause they are there. I cried the entire time I've been writing those last few chapters. They hit me so close to home, for some reason. My heart is in that story so much.

*hands everyone tissues and Scooter dolls. She shoves smelling salts under Lisa's nose.*

Wake up, there's gonna be more, Lisa. :smile:

muppetwriter

Reaction score
ReneeLouvier said:
Thank you, muppetwriter. :big_grin: For a guy who dosn't read anything but his own works, that's a great compliment.
Eh, it's not so much fun reading something that I know the outcome to, since I was the one that wrote the story. The stories that I write are nothing compared to the "gold mine" that you have here. You've done something that I've been wanting to do, ever since I even learned how to write a story: creating a tale that'll leave the earth beneath the reader's feet shattering.

The only real and original fanfic idea that I've had so far is "Fraggle Street"; everything else that I've come up with seems dull to me, and that's why I don't think anyone's interested in the other stuff that I write...only that one real and original fanfic.

You are now my inspiration, Renee. I mean it. One of these days, during my time here on the MC, I'm going to create a story that'll be almost as good as this one. What you have here is art; and I know art--I'm a writer, for cryin' out loud!:smile: Keep up the good work, kid.:wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... To be honest MuppetWriter, I'm interested to find out how X-Muppets ends up.

And Renee, thank you... That was truly a stirring moment when Scooter and Sadie meet, and Scooter's heart just clicks together knowing it's his mom without knowing beforehand...
Some rully beautiful stuff here. OK, so we got Sadie and Scooter, and there's a part of his heart still missing. We got Skeeter on her way with Jim. J.P.'s also en route to the theater. Let's see what happens and if there are any curveballs thrown our way.

*Talking to guys by the hot chocolate maker. Pay up, told syou she'd post another chapter before Monday.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Whoa, I need to stop stepping away from the computer! I come back and there's four more chapters! I apologize that I can't comment in more detail Renee, but they were all really good. Heartwrenching, but still good Muppet stuff going on. I'm on the edge of my seat wanting more! And to answer your earlier question and echo everyone else's comments, yes your stories are that good.