FanFic: The Search For Sadie

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Fifteen

Jerry pulled into the parking lot of the theatre, he saw a familar car, and he paled.

"She...oh no." He shook his head, what had happened; had happened, and he couldn't do anything about it. He stepped out, closing his door, and he walked into the theatre, using his key. He saw Nancy there as well, talking with Rowlf, and Beaker and Bunsen about how everyone was doing. The rest of the muppets were sitting out in the seats, either talking, or sleeping, it was nearly 10pm anyways. They all wished they were back at the boarding house, asleep.

Then he saw them both. He just wished Eli didn't know what was happening. He walked over to the chair Scooter was in, and he merely sat down, not saying a word. Sadie and Scooter didn't say anything either. It was too soon for speaking, for any of them.

----------

Eli glared at the figure across from him. The figure glared back, red eyes appearing from underneath his hood, blazing brightly. The two appeared to be in a staring match of some sort. Eli lit another cigarette, then he offered the figure one.

"DON'T YOU KNOW THEY'LL KILL YOU, TAKASHI?"

"I'm already dead, what does it matter, old friend?" He puffed away on it, looking over at the figure.

"STILL. THEY ABSOLUTELY STINK."

"Then why did you put that idea into those people's heads so long ago? You knew what it would become, and now you complain they stink?"

"DIDN'T REALIZE THEY WOULD MAKE THEM STINK LIKE THAT. I KNEW ALL THE BAD STUFF THEY'D PUT IN IT." He glared at Eli, a wicked smile crossing his otherwise unidentifable features. "JUST DIDN'T KNOW THEY'D STINK SO BADLY." He reached with a bony hand, waving away the smoke from it.

Eli merely laughed at Death, then put the cigarette. "Anything for you, old friend. What have you come for this time?"

"THE BOY."

"It's not just his time yet, I'm sorry." Eli smiled, glancing at a picture of Scooter with his Uncle.

"...YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER THE BOY, ELI. YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT BY NOW." Death gripped his sythe hard, staring down Eli. "YOU WILL THEN MAKE IT HIS TIME."

"I wish to see them in misery a bit longer, Death. He and his friends amuse me. Then, when the time is right, he'll be yours. Be patient, my old friend. It will be soon, I assure you." Eli grinned like he won the lottery. Although, no one could see it, his forked tail flickered from side to side, in purest delight. He lit another cigarette, while watching Death leave in his black smoke and flames.

"Yes...I definately assure you it will be soon, Father..."

----------

Scooter leaned against his mother, while the two talked of many things. How he came to meet Kermit and all of his friends. How his Uncle had been taking care of him since he was a toddler, out of Nancy's care. And how he and they met up again, a while back when Kermit was merely a frog from the swamp, wanting to make it in Hollywood.

"And how did you get all the way out in Hensonville, sweetheart?" Sadie asked, curious.

"Well, Uncle Grosse bought this old theatre, and Kermit needed one to do his show in. So, he came to use this theatre." Scooter replied to her, idly twisting a bracelet on her wrist.

"Oh. Why would you rent a theatre out to a lot of frogs, and dogs, and other stuff like that?" She asked Jerry, who smiled.

Scooter laughed, looking at his Uncle, who was keeping tight lipped about it. "Because the rent was cheap, and it's big enough for all those frogs and dogs and other stuff."

Sadie laughed, and there was a loud knock at the door, she looked over her shoulder. Jim walked in the door, followed by Skeeter.

"Hey Rowlf. Glad to see you again. Skeeter waved me down from the side of the highway, apperently she needed a ride here." Jim told Rowlf, as he and her entered the theatre's back enterence. Rowlf merely nodded, letting them inside from the dark night.

"Hey Mom!" She exclaimed, walking over to her, walking around the chair she was seated in, her eyes fell upon J.P. Grosse, and Scooter. She kneeled down in front of Scooter, who said nothing, but smiled.

To her eyes, he looked like he was at death's door. She reached forward and hugged Scooter tightly. He hugged her back, she noticed he barely had any grip in his arms; he must've been so weak now, she figured. Skeeter sat on the floor, in front of the short armchair, and they started talking up a storm about......well, their lives until that point.

Kermit sat on the stage, reading Scooter's clipboard. Jim walked out onto the stage, and sat beside Kermit.

"Oh, hello there Jim. What are you doing here?"

"It's a weird story Kermit. Skeeter was walking alongside the road, looking quite exhausted, and she flagged me down, asking for a ride here. So, I didn't want her to get hurt, and I drove her here." Jim pulled out his cell phone, and called his wife. He told her he'd be late for getting home, he had to help a friend. His wife understood, he did this all the time; so what was new?

-------------

Eli knew what was going on. He could feel it in his bones. They had gotten together. It was now time. He closed the door to his office, and he sat at his desk, lighting another cigarette. He took a deep drag in, and let the smoke blow out, over the picture of the gofer, and he money-grubbing uncle. He smirked, knowing just what to do now...

-------

Sadie was nearly asleep now, in the chair, her arms wrapped around Scooter. He turned over in his fitful sleep, and his arms wrapped around his chest, he was hurting so bad. He wished the pain would stop. His eyes flew open, when he felt the jab of pain, like a hot knife.

"...M..Mom...." He barely could whisper, the pain debilitating him. "Mom!" He tried to raise his voice, but it was hard.

Sadie jerked awake, hearing Scooter speak. He had said barely anything that night, so...this woke her up in a quick minute. "Scooter, what's wrong?"

He couldn't say anything, as the pain ripped through him. He just hoped if he did die...it wouldn't be in his Mother's arms. She'd suffered enough he thought.

She saw the expression on his face, and she scooped him up in her arms. She jabbed Skeeter and Jerry awake, using her foot. Then Skeeter went and woke up everyone else.

Within five minutes, everyone was on their way to the hospital.

To try and save their best friend, Scooter.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Whoa... Shivers... Now we're getting somewhere, but where exactly... At least the family's together and heading off to the hospital.
Even Jim's driving down there too? And nice indirect cameo of Jane there on the cell phone.

OK, line for teddy bears, tissues, and other assorted stuffed animals to hug forms right... oh, here.
We're gonna need them me thinks.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*hugs pink teddy bear from Lisa that he's glad he got early* Oh...Oh my...Scooter...And...And Eli...And Death is here too...But he's not helping...Well then again he never does help...But oh...Wow Renee...I must know what happens...Oh wow...

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Yep. You'll get the next chapter, Monday morning. So, I leave you all with teddy bears and high suspense.

*leaves a bucket of teddy bears, and a plate of muffines*

muppetwriter

Reaction score
Man! I'm really scared right now! Renee, you're giving us a side of the Muppets that we hardly ever see...and I love it!:smile:

I tell ya one thing, I'll never look at Scooter (or Skeeter) the same way again.:wink:

The Count said:
Well... To be honest MuppetWriter, I'm interested to find out how X-Muppets ends up.
Thanks, Count.:excited:

I've been meaning to get back to that particular fanfic of mine. I've been so busy getting my other fanfics out of the way.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*also hugging a teddy bear* Gosh, that was tough to read, but still well written. It was hard to read about Scooter being in pain. You write with such emotion, I can feel everything they're all going through! I wish it was Monday already!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
I would go into detail about how amazing that is... but I need my sleep... So I'll put it this way: I agree with everything that everyone else has already said. And I want more.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Sixteen

A cell phone rang, breaking the overhanging silence that made up the waiting room outside the surgery wing. Everyone checked themselves, until they found out who it was.

"Hey there, dear. I know I'm not home yet, I'm sorry. They just need me here. Yeah, I'll be home as soon as everything turns out alright." Jim was overheard speaking to his wife again.

"Scooter's in a bit of a jam right now. Yeah he's here at the hospital. He's in surgery right now, they...they're trying to save him.

They haven't even told us what was going on with him yet. I know I'm not family, but I wish they'd come out and say something to us. I love you too, Jane. See you later, hun."

With that, he closed his cell phone, and sat back down beside Kermit. Although most of the muppets were sleeping, he wasn't.

The lone frog kept his eyes steady on the double doors. He worried for his friend. He worried for his friends family. He also worried a little for himself.

'It will never be the same without him.' Kermit thought, a magazine balanced on his knees, but he wasn't even reading it. It's probably why the 'zine was Ladies Home Journal too. He flipped another page, when something caught his eye. He looked down.

It was an ad for their Winter Show. Resplended in greens and reds, a large group shot of him and all of his friends. Near the bottom, was Scooter. Everyone was in that group shot, he remembers when it was taken. About two months ago.

-------------

"Boss, do I have to be in that picture? I mean, I'm not even in the show..." Scooter was asking Kermit, while flipping through his clipboard, he didn't like being under everyone else for that picture. They were on raised platforms, of course, but he never liked being there. He just wasn't too fond of having pictures taken of himself, he was too modest sometimes.

Kermit just smiled, and patted Scooter's back absentmindly, he was buttoning up the last button on his tuxedo. His nice old purple one, that he always loved. Scooter was already wearing his, but the bowtie was undone. It looked like Scooter hadn't gotten much sleep over the past few days, Kermit had thought.

But with a little bit of cojoling, Kermit got him to get into that picture. Scooter kept goofing off during the whole time, making Gonzo and Fozzie laugh, so many takes were had. Piggy slapped Scooter upside his head, during one take, and he nearly fell off the platform with that hit. But he scrambled up there, and he even made fun of Piggy because of it. Kermit wondered why he was in such good spirits that day, Scooter usually was a little quiet, self reserved.

Maybe it's when the cameras are rolling Kermit though, that he just lets loose, like a little kid again.

------------

Kermit smiled, looking down at the picture once more. He looked back at the double doors, he saw Sadie, standing there beside them. She kept looking inside the small round windows. She couldn't see the surgery theater, but only the long hall down to it.

She had eariler tried to slip down that long hall, but a nurse had gently led her back outside. She cried when that happened. She was still sniffling, she couldn't stop her tears from coming.

He could see her heart was breaking again. And he nearly broke down himself. Kermit felt a hand on his shoulder, he looked over beside him, it was Jim.

"Come on, Kermit. We've gotta be strong for them. It won't help if everyone is breaking down, will it?" Jim said to him softly. Kermit looked up into Jim's face. He knew the man was sweet, and he had helped them a few times. He even went so far once as to represent them, to a couple of companys; when no humans would listen to those frogs, dogs, chickens, and bears. Kermit nodded, saying nothing.

Skeeter kept pacing around, she probably could feel in her soul what was happening. She was his twin, after all. Fozzie had tried eariler to ask her if she knew what was happening in surgery to him. She told him she's his twin, not a magican. That was nearly two hours ago. It was almost 2 am in the early cold morning. They all wondered, and worried. Even in their slumber.

All for one small young man, who...without even realizing it, was not just Skeeter's brother. But everyone's brother, in some way.

------------

A lone man, sat outside the hospital, on a bench. A cloud of thin smoke envolping him. He smiled, his glasses glinting in the waning moonlight, underneath the inky sky. He was waiting. Waiting for the right time, to come inside.

'Just another hour.' He thought. 'Another hour, and I'll get the boy.'

"YOU WAIT TOO LONG, SON." Death told the man, standing on the otherside of the small bench. He wasn't looking at the man, but at the hospital.

"THEY'LL FIGHT YOU, YOU KNOW. YOUR TIME IS RIGHT NOW. GET HIM WHILE YOU CAN."

He took another drag of his cigarette, and he smirked softly. "I like to see them fight." He clenched his hand over his heart, playfully making a saddened face, making fun of what he knew he would see. Then he laughed cruelly.

"Plus, were would the soul crushing loss come in, if he died on that table? I want to see his mother's reaction. His sister, breaking down. His friends, feeling all hope is lost."

"THEY HAVE MORE HOPE THEN YOU'LL EVER SEE IN THIS WORLD, ELI. THEY BAND TOGETHER WHEN GRIEF OVERCOMES THEM. THEY ARE STRONGER THEN THEY LOOK."

"Puh." He stated, letting his cigarette drop onto the ground. It burned until it was no more. "I do not care for their hope, Father. I only care about his soul. But I will wait, Father. And you shall too."

"YOU HAD BETTER WATCH OUT SON. ONE SLIPUP, AND I'LL TAKE YOUR SOUL, INSTEAD OF HIS." Death turned back towards the hospital, seeing an older woman, walk outside, to stretch her legs a bit. "YOUR SISTER IS HERE. SHE'LL FIGHT FOR HER CHARGES AS WELL."

"She knows where her place is in life. She won't fight me. She was always like Mother, you know. Weak-willed." He picked up another cigarette out of his pack, and was about to light it, but instead looked at it.

"I'm weak-willed, am I?" Nancy was behind Eli, suddenly, and she placed both hands on his shoulders. His brother could smell her, she smelled like roses, he thought. He could feel her soft sweater against his neck, he brushed it away. She sat down on the bench beside him, and looked at him.

"You're still smoking brother, why is that?" She reached out, and took the cigarette from him, but she didn't destroy it. She instead lit it, and took a small puff.

He watched her, for a moment, before chuckling softly. "Then answer me, dear sister, why are you?" He glanced around, seeing Death had left them both alone. He could still be there, but Eli didn't feel it.

"One of my children could be dying for all I know, Eli. I'm worried." She looked at him, she could see his cold-heartedness from behind his glasses.

Eli laughed, looking back at the hospital doors. "You don't know, Nancy? You do know who you are, right?"

"Yes. But I've never liked exacting power. It's too odd, or risky." She put the cigarette out after a few puffs, and looked at him.

"You're here for Scooter then, arn't you?"

He cringed. He never wanted to say that boy's name, it struck his heart, every time he heard it said. He prefered anoymitiy to knowledge and recogination. He looked down, and folded his hands a bit.

"Yes. I am here for him. Will they fight me, sister?"

"I've raised most of them. And yes, they will try their best to save him. It's merely their nature. They are all very strong."

"But you haven't tried to stop me yet, Nancy. Why is that?"

"Although I detest your going to take Scooter away, and even though I don't feel it is his time just yet, I feel no real need to stop you. Because I know, you are going by life and death's rules." She looked at her brother, who was cringing even more. She narrowed her eyes at him. "It is his time, isn't it??"

"......" He did not want to speak anymore with his sister.

"You aren't doing this because......because of Jerry or because of Father's wishes, are you?!" She stood up, and glared down at him. Eli kept his eyes locked on his sisters old purple sneakers. "Well?? Eli, please answer me!"

Eli stood up, and walked towards the hospital. His trench coat brushed the ground, while his heavy boots crunched under the thin layer of snow. He didn't look back at Nancy. He knew what he had to do. For vengence, he pondered? Or merely because it was this boy's time?

Shaking his head, he walked through the automatic doors. The whoosh from them, erased all of the bad memories and thoughts of what he was going to go and do.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
muppetwriter said:
Eh, it's not so much fun reading something that I know the outcome to, since I was the one that wrote the story. The stories that I write are nothing compared to the "gold mine" that you have here. You've done something that I've been wanting to do, ever since I even learned how to write a story: creating a tale that'll leave the earth beneath the reader's feet shattering.

The only real and original fanfic idea that I've had so far is "Fraggle Street"; everything else that I've come up with seems dull to me, and that's why I don't think anyone's interested in the other stuff that I write...only that one real and original fanfic.

You are now my inspiration, Renee. I mean it. One of these days, during my time here on the MC, I'm going to create a story that'll be almost as good as this one. What you have here is art; and I know art--I'm a writer, for cryin' out loud!:smile: Keep up the good work, kid.:wink:
Thanks, muppetwriter. You wanna know the secret to my writing??

I see myself as being there. I'm there, watching this unfold. I'm merely writing down what I see. For you see, I'm not an author...or a writer. But merely a reporter.

Most times, when I sit down to write. (Once I had learned to type properly, of course.) I make sure the cursor is at the right place. Then....

I close my eyes. I see the scenes unfolding in front of me. I type what my eyes see, my ears hear, and what my heart feels. I am not an author. But I am a reporter, telling others of things they might not see normally. Going behind closed doors if you will. I write what others don't see. I am there. I am the innocent bystander, with the laptop on her knees. Telling what has happened so others might know.

Thank you again. I'm glad I am an inspriation to others. Just let your heart do the typing, and golden words come forth from your fingers. I've seen it happen, and I'm sure I'll see it happen again.