FanFic: The Search For Sadie

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Heh... Takes one to know one.
Anyway...
1 The MMF or Muppet Meeting Films, as I've left it whole for the ML, are included in the Season 1 TMS DVD box set available for purchase at most major retailers.
There's one version with the box set in its normal packaging, and there's other packaged in a green fuzzy cover made to resemble Kermit's collar.
2 Patch is supposed to be Rowlf's dad, at least if you go by FraggleForever's fanfic story "Rowlf's Puppy Years" found here on the forums.
3 More story, if you please... Whenever you can spare it.
Gotta clean up the inbox and then work on a few castle creatures of my own, before tending to that ol' list again.

Have a great day.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Okay! And thank you.

1. Oh, I know what you're talking about now. I've got the normal packaged TMS Season 1. I just didn't realize what you were talking about, but yeah.

2. Oh, neat!! I've not really had to chance to read that story just yet either. I'm looking forward to it though!!

3. Certainly you old batty bat. More story coming up within the next hour.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Oh thank you for including Rowlf! I hadn't wanted to point it out, but I'm glad you thought he belonged there too! Anyway, I'm anxiously awaiting the next chapter!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Nineteen

Skeeter sat in the small cafeteria, looking at a cup of coffee. She wasn't drinking it, just...staring at it. Kermit walked down the hall, his flippersteps seeming to echo soundlessly through the short hall. He stopped, seeing Skeeter. He looked like he was going to pass out right there from emotion. He walked further into the room, and he stood at the edge of the small table Skeeter sat at.

She looked up at him, and she didn't smile. Her face showed no emotion right then. She looked so tired, and Kermit could feel for her, he knew what she felt.

"Hey, Kerm." She started to stand up from the table, trying to find something else to say...."Do you want some coffee...or something?"

Kermit was silent, looking at Skeeter still.

A few moments passed between the two. Silence....usually Kermit craved those sweet moments. But now, he dreaded it.

"It's Nanny...something's wrong, Skeet."

Skeeter stood still for a second. The cup still in her hands. She felt her breath catch in her throat.

The cup slipped out of her hands, and she wanted to run again. Run to Nanny....but...her exhaustion overtook her. She passed out cold right then. Kermit knelt down and picked her up, firemen style. He walked slowly back to the room with her.

--------------

"Nanny...??" Fozzie held her hand, and he looked at her. He didn't know what else to say to her. It was as if his Ma was going through this, instead of Nancy.

Gonzo stayed beside Scooter's bed. He wished he would wake up....

Piggy just stayed in her seat, watching Nancy from across the room. She was gripping her blue hanky, sniffling still.

"How do you know, Nanny?" Rowlf asked her simply, holding her other hand. He wished he could play for her...something soft, to make her happy.

She smiled....all of her children were there. Except Kermit and Skeeter. Then he saw the two enter. Kermit wasn't sure what to do with the passed out Skeeter, so he gently set the girl in Nancy's lap. She woke up, and looked into Nancy's face.

"Hi, Nanny." Skeeter scooted over so she was sitting on the armrest now, and not in her lap. "What's wrong??"

Nancy wasn't sure what to say. She still wished Scooter would wake....then....then she thought, she could pass on....with everyone with her.

Gonzo's eyes widened, and Piggy felt like screaming happily just then....when they saw what they saw.

------------

Scooter heard the song.....he heard his friends......they loved him.....he loved them......it would be all better again, he thought. He struggled, trying to move past his memories.....it was hard.

"....uhh.....oh....wh...." He mumbled, his eyes opening slowly. He only saw shapes and colors, a dark blue, then a darker green.

Gonzo reached forward and hugged Scooter tightly, and Robin then scrambled up near his head, hugging his head.

"SCOOTER! You're ALRIGHT!!!" Gonzo yelled, he was so happy just then.

"Everybody!! Scooter's awake!!" Piggy screamed, and everyone turned their heads towards Scooter. Rowlf held Nancy's hand, and he smiled.

"Hey, Nanny. Scooter's awake." He whispered in her ear. He knew she was dying as they spoke, but he had a feeling she was holding on...for his sake.

"..Thank you Rowlf." Nancy opened her eyes a bit more, and she smiled. He was alright. She felt her heart was whole again. She had protected them as best she could, throughout her whole life. Although her soul was immortal, her body was not. At 66 years old, she felt like she had stayed long enough. She had just wanted to see almost of her 'children' one last time.

Scooter got the bed to sit him up, so he could see Nancy again. He could barely speak because of the ventilator they had him on during his surgery. He looked over at Piggy, and he touched her hand. He wanted her to get closer to him.

"Yes Scooter?" She asked, tears staining her makeup...she didn't care though.

"C-Could you tell Nanny....that I love her?" He turned his face away from her, his voice stratchy, his throat aflame with pain.

"A...And I'll miss her?"

Piggy's eyes widened....he knew something that she didn't know. She looked over at Rowlf and Nancy and the others.

"Is something wrong with Nanny, guys?"

No one spoke, except for Rowlf, who still had his paws gently around Nancy's hand. "Yes....she is, Piggy. I mean...she...."

"I'm dying Piggy. Now, children...what did Scooter want to say?"

Tears escaped her eyes once more, and she looked at Nancy. "He said...that he loves you, and he'll miss you a whole lot, Nanny."

She smiled, and leaned back on the chair. Robin hopped off the bed, and he climbed into Nancy's lap. He looked up at her for a moment, then over at his uncle.

"Uncle Kermit....she's Nanny?"

"Yeah, Robin. She is. You...she's watched over you a few times as well."

"Oh wow. Uncle Kermit always talks about you, Nanny!!" He hugged Nancy gently, and she held him close. She saw an old book on the table beside her, she hadn't noticed it before. It was Winnie the Pooh. She smiled, and picked up the small book.

She was dying, yes. But...she wanted their last memory to be a happy one.

Kermit saw she held the book gently in her hands, looking at the cover.

Her voice was soft, untroubled by what she knew lay ahead of her. She gently opened the book, and turned to the first page..

"Would you like to hear a story children?"

Kermit laid his hand on her shoulder, he looked down into her face, a sad smile crossing his features. "Y-You don't have to, Nancy....you..."

"I'd like to Kermit." She smiled down at Robin, her gray hair brushing his head. He smiled, and snuggled into her. For some reason, he wasn't troubled either that he had heard this lady was dying. Maybe he didn't know what death was just yet, Nancy pondered.

She opened the book and began to read to them. As if they were in the nursery again.

-----------------

It had appeared that Nancy had fallen asleep, in front of the book. Which she did. She had been slumbering peacefully, with Robin curled up in her arm, sleeping as well. Kermit watched Nancy carefully, and a moment later, he picked up Robin, and set him beside Scooter. Scooter held him close, he knew Nanny was close now.

Rowlf kept his paw gently on her hand again, he reached over, and gently felt under her chin. He felt nothing. No pulse.

There was a small smile on her face, her free hand laid gently across the small old book, her other hand in Rowlf's paw. He gently laid her hand on top of the other one. Laying his head down on the armrest, Rowlf whined softly. He didn't know what to do. No one knew what to do then. Kermit walked out of the room, and looked down the hall. He went and spoke to the nurse for a moment, she nodded, and went to go call the local funeral home.

Piggy reached up, and gently laid a blanket over Nancy's legs. She wasn't really thinking when she did it. She knew she was dead...but....she didn't want her Nanny to be cold either...

Gonzo sat against the wall, Skeeter beside him. Skeeter just laid against Gonzo's chest, both of them silent.

Animal, suprisingly was quiet, the entire time. He wandered over to Nancy's chair, and he looked back at Floyd.

"Nanny....go bye-bye?" He asked, the normally wild thing as quiet as ever. All Floyd could do was nod his head. Animal looked down at the floor, beside Janice, where his drumsticks lay. He laid them in Nanny's lap, gently.

Robin stirred awake, in Scooter's arms. He saw everyone was so quiet. He looked up at Scooter, who was laying against the bed, tears welling in his eyes now.

"Scooter? I fell asleep...did she finish reading the story yet?" Robin asked quietly, looking over at Nancy. To him, she was sleeping still. A blanket over her legs, and Animal's drumsticks in her lap, beside the old book. Scooter glanced down at Robin, and hugged him tight.

"Yeah....she finished the story, Robin." His voice was very weak, and stratchy. "She finished it."

Robin was going to ask when was she going to wake up, but instead he just curled up in Scooter's arm again, and went back to sleep. The little frog had been awake for nearly a whole day now, without slumbering.

Scooter just watched, as two men clad in white gently lifted Nancy onto a hospital gurney, and wheeled her out of his room.

Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo, and Rowlf followed them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Again... A truly touching scene... Bunsen and Beaker were there witnessing this too I take it? Only Bean Bunny missing, wonder what "warrens" means, maybe he's still there and explains his absence from the events thus far. That aside, it's a touching moment, and a lovely image, though somber, of Nanny asleep with the blanket and the book and Animal's drumsticks.

So why do I feel something nagging me... Oh yeah, cause we're still waiting to find out how they react and what happens at the theater.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Actually....I forgot about them. >_< But 'warrens' are the tunnels and holes that rabbits traditionally live in. I guess when he was little he lived there with his parents or something. Until he got older, and joined the muppets. :big_grin:

Theater...is next up. :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*tears* Gosh, that was so beautiful. It was sad, but it was beautiful and touching and heartfelt. Well done, keep it coming.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks... Silly me, thought those were called burrows.
BTW: If you want to see Bean Bunny's family in full force, try wheeling and dealing yourself a deal from some of the tape traders for a copy of The Tale of the Bunny Picnic.

Hope everybody gets a chance to shine, as I look forward to what'll happen in the theater.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Twenty

-~-~-Last chapter guys!-~-~-

Eli walked around the theatre, looking at the man fixing the lights.

"Did they tell you when they'd come back!?" He growled up at Clifford, who looked down from the light rigging, and ended up nearly falling off.

"NO MAN. Would you just SHUT UP and go sit down or something!? The gofer's in the hospital, I don't know when they'll be back, and I'm trying to fix this dang light, so unless you gonna help me up here, just shut up would'ya!?"

Eli watched Clifford a second, then his attention was drawn to the doors of the theatre. Kermit was helping wheel something into the theatre. It was Scooter, in a wheelchair the hospital had given him. They had told him, he wasn't to start walking for almost a week now. Everyone was sad, not really talking anymore.

"....I've made arrangements, Kermit. We'll give her a wonderful service and burial...I'm sure of it!" Sadie told Kermit, while walking in beside him and her son.

Piggy walked ahead of them, to go back to her dressing room, she needed to get something she said. It was really to fix her makeup and to think for awhile. She stopped cold in her tracks.

She saw the man in black again, the demon she had figured he was. He was sitting on the stage, a lit cigarette in his mouth.

Puffing away.

"I see you've finally come back from that little trip of yours." He stated. He felt like taking someone's soul just then.....he was itching to create some havoc, some mayhem.

"Little TRIP?!" Sadie was absolutely furious now. She had kept her emotions of anger in line, but now, she just let all heck loose. A mother angered is not a thing one would like to see much of. She pratically flew at Eli, pinning him to the ground.

"My brother told me everything, Eli. You....YOU....."

"You what, Sadie? You're going to hurt me?" He smiled at her, from where he was on the floor, underneath her, he decided to let his true form show. Those little fangs in his mouth were positively vampire sized, and they could see his black tail coming from behind him. He gripped onto Sadie's arms, and lifted her clear into the air.

"I'd like to see you try, my sweet little wo---."

He let go of Sadie suddenly, and fell forwards onto the stage.

Uncle Deadly had another brick in his hand, one brick was laying on Eli's back now, from where it had struck him on his head.

"That will shut him up for awhile. Until his Father can get here." Deadly set the brick down on the floor, and he looked out to the rest of the muppets.

They were silent, some had their mouth open, but all of them were staring at what just happened.

Deadly was about to say something else, when a pillar of black flames and a pillar of white smoke both appeared on the stage.

Death stepped out of the blackened fire, and over to Deadly.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY SON, DEADLY?" Death asked quite plainly. He was angry with his son, but he still did not like for others to harm him.

"I've merely made him less of a threat. He was going to try to harm Ms. Grosse, your deathlyness." He bowed slightly, moving out of Death's way, over to Sadie.

Eli moaned, feeling the back of his head, he felt the black thick blood on his hand now. He sat up for a second, and he turned his face towards Deadly, growling softly. He stood up, about to pounce, when a bony grimed hand thrust into his chest.

"SON. YOU WILL WALK NO FURTHER. YOU'RE THE ONE WHO HAS CAUSED ALL THIS MAYHEM. YOU SHALL BE PUNISHED FOR IT." Death was blazing black now, in anger, he gripped Eli by the shoulder tightly. They could him crumpling in pain underneath the iron grip.

Eli cringed and groaned in pain, as Death turned his head towards the others.

"I'M SORRY FOR WHAT HE HAS ATTEMPTED TODAY."

Kermit and everyone else said nothing, a few nodded. Then Death was gone as quickly as he had came, taking Eli with him. Life stepped forward and off of the stage. She looked quite sad, as she walked towards Scooter. She knelt in front of him, placing a delicate hand on his. He wanted to pull away for a second, he was quite scared.

"There's no need to be afraid, Scooter. I will not harm you." She said softly, she sounded a lot like Nanny he thought.

Kermit stood beside Scooter's wheelchair, holding on the handles to it, Gonzo and Rowlf were beside him. Piggy was halfway down the walkway, but she hadn't walked back towards them. She was still, listening where she was.

She gave Scooter a gentle kiss on his forehead, and she stood up addressing everyone.

"I'm sorry, for the grief my son, Eli had put you through."

'Son? Eli?' Kermit thought, it finally connected to him.

"You're Nanny's...Mother??" Kermit asked the spirit, shocked.

She laughed a little, smiling down at them. "Why yes. I am."

"Then...why did Nanny....leave us??" Scooter asked quietly, his voice still troubling him.

"She was getting too old, my child. She had been wanting to leave this mortal plane for quite sometime. But, she saw no way how to do it properly. Eli....he was wanting your soul, Scooter."

Scooter's eyes widened. He was that close to death the entire time.....

"But," She continuted "she asked her Father, Death to take her instead. She sacrificed herself for you Scooter. She is also the reason many of you are still alive to this day. Have you ever thought....why am I here? With many accidents, and explosions? Falling downs, and crumplings? ..And Gonzo's spectular stunts?" That last line, she smiled at Gonzo.

Piggy had walked back towards them now. She watched the spirit of light speak to them all. Everyone was deep in thought, either remembering what Nanny had done for them that they knew, or what they had learned.

"She helped save us....and we never even knew it."

--------------

Kermit and everyone else were standing outside in the cold rain. The snow had turned to slush, and they were wrapped up in dark clothes, battling the cold wind and the soaking rain.

It was a few hours after the service.

Eariler Gonzo had spoke of how Nancy never let him give up his dream of climbing the highest mountain...even if he was wearing only his underwear and socks. And Piggy told of the first time Nancy taught her and Skeeter how to wear makeup and dress like all pretty young ladies should do. Fozzie told a few jokes, that he remembered Nanny loved. No one laughed, but they didn't boo either. They all just smiled.

Rowlf played the piano the entire service, although he did not speak on her behalf, it's what he contributed for her. Kermit sang a touching song, at that moment, he forgot what he even sang. Animal had tried to play 'Taps' on his drum, while Zoot played it on his saxophone. For once, he didn't eat the drums at all.

Scooter and Skeeter did not speak at the service. But they were the last out of the church. Skeeter wheeled her brother outside to the gravesite, where she lay. The earth had already started to settle.

"You missed the burial, guys." Gonzo said, quite plainitively.

Skeeter looked down at the area, a few purple and red roses laying on top. "I know. We....we..."

"We wouldn't have been able to take it guys. So we stayed behind." Scooter said, his arms folded across his lap. Ever since the surgery, because of the stitches, they wouldn't let him walk, until a month had passed. It was still only a week after the fact.

Skeeter faked a small laugh, trying to smile. "Plus, bros new wheels here kept getting caught in the mud." She tried to laugh, but it quickly died down.

Everyone was quiet for a moment.

Scooter was the most quiet there, looking down at the grave. His hands reached around to the back of his wheelchair, and he pulled out that old beat up guitar.

He started to sing. "If just one person believes in you, deep enough, and strong enough, believes in you...hard enough, and long enough, it stands to reason, that someone else will think "If he can do it, I can do it."

Piggy joined in, starting to smile. She remember how Nanny had cared for them, unconditionally, "Making it: two whole people, who believe in you deep enough, and strong enough, believe in you. Hard enough and long enough..."

Kermit joined in, grasping Piggy's hand. He remembered when Nanny had always made sure no one ever felt too small or unsigifant. That they could do anything they set their hearts too. "There's bound to be some other person who believes in making it a threesome. Making it three.....people you can say: believe in me....."

Then Rowlf joined in. "And if three whole people, why not -- four? And if four whole people..."

Everyone, at that small gravesite, joined in singing, that sweet beautiful song. Nanny had taught them when they were little. Whenever they felt bad, she sang that song for them.

"Why not--more, and more, and more....and when all those people, believe in you, deep enough, and strong enough, believe in you...hard enough, and long enough..."

Soon it was only Scooter singing, strumming his old guitar, smiling as he looked down at the gravesite. He knew Nancy was watching over them, wherever she was now.

"It stands to reason that you yourself will start to see what everybody sees in you..."

---------------

Two lone figures stood at the edge of the gravestone. Watching all of them singing.

"You raised them well, my child. They still have much care and joy to spread to this world you know." Life replied to Nancy, who was smiling with tears in her eyes.

"Yes, they do." She smiled, with tears in her eyes. "And thank you..."

Nancy watched as Scooter stopped playing, and he bent forward the chair, one arm holding onto the armrest, the other grasping a small bunch of flowers.

"Thank you Nanny. For all you've done for us. We'll miss you."

With that, they slowly filed away from the gravesite. Talking about the winter show they still had to do. Kermit had agreed eariler, they would dedicate it to Nancy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow... *Stunned... No, not this time.
Everything came together... The confrontation, the funeral, Life and Nanny watching them from through the tombstones...

But this can't be the last chapter, can it? After all, there's still the winter show... Dedicated to the memory of Nancy "Nanny" Takashi...
And maybe it'll be Eleanor's first performance... Come on, just a little more story please?