FanFic: The Search For Sadie

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Sixteen

Nancy followed Eli, running. She was not as quick as him though, as he got to the waiting room before she did. He stood at the edge of the room, watching them. His hands deep in his trench coats pockets. He was clothed, head to toe in black. Sadie's eyes locked with Eli's. He then smiled, walking towards her.

"Hello, Ms. Grosse." His voice was like ice, piercing the lull that hung over the small room. She stayed rooted to the spot where she stood.

"What are you doing here, Mr. Takashi? This is for family and friends only." She stated, her body feeling a bit weak, from the emotional roller coaster she's been on for nearly the whole day. "You need to leave, now."

"Oh, but I am his friend, don't you see? Don't you know why I am here, Sadie?" He walked a little closer to her, and smiled, a cruel cold smile.

Kermit woke up, and jabbed Piggy in her side. She saw Eli standing there, looking all to her like death's angel. She walked in front of him, glaring up at him.

"Sadie said this is for friends only, bub. Now move it or lose it!!" She growled at him, she did not like him one bit. She was ready to give him a punch to his stomach, to get him out of there.

"My dear Miss Piggy. You shouldn't interfere in matters you don't know of. I'm merely here to see the boy. Make sure...he makes it alright." He removed his glasses, Piggy could see his eyes. They were crimson colored. Like fresh blood. He smiled wide at her, she could see small fangs it seemed, in that toothy smile of his. She narrowed her eyes, not moving an inch.

"She said to leave. Now leave, or I'll make you leave!" She balled her fist at him, ready to fight. Piggy couldn't describe the feeling she felt, but she knew he had no business there. Eli laid a gentle hand on her shoulder. He felt cold, like ice to her. She took a step backwards, yet he kept his hand on her shoulder. He stared down into Piggy's eyes.

He whispered to her. "You will back away, pig. I do have business here. I may not be a friend then, but...I have business." Eli let go of her, and she was shaking, she walked back to Kermit, and sat down. She looked over at Kermit, she looked terrifed.

Kermit knew she saw something no living thing should ever see. She saw death's presense in his eyes, and she was scared.

Eli walked closer to those double doors, and he laid a hand on the smooth metal, glancing over at Sadie. His smile was gone now.

"I'm here for the boy, Sadie. How long till he gets out of there?"

"What right do you have to know, Eli!? You've done enough to my family for one lifetime!! Please...leave us be!" She reached forward, and grasped his free hand, he clenched her hand tightly.

"A lifetime you say? One's life dosn't matter much, does it?" He was speaking cryptically, he didn't want to alarm Scooter's friends as to what he was about to do there. He did not wish to fight before he got the boy's life in his grasp. After...he would tell them, and then he would be ready for it.

------------

Death stood by Nancy, both of them at the end of the room. Death did not let himself be seen, as he watched Eli and Sadie talk.

"Father. Why him?"

"IT IS HIS TIME, NANCY."

"But....he's such a young boy! I've seen his potential....he shouldn't leave, just yet!!"

"YOU'VE PLEADED ENOUGH NANCY. IT WAS ONLY BECAUSE I FOLLOWED YOUR WISHES THAT THEY ARE NOT ALL GONE ALREADY."

"Still." She stared down at them both, her mind racking as to how she might help. She turned back to Death, and looked strait into his hood. She could see the outline of his skull, and the snake that curved around it, going into one of his eyesockets. It never scared her. She had seen it all of her life. Who would be scared of their Father, anyways?

"Take me instead."

Death looked at her. Her simple statement actually shocked the old ghoul. It was not a plead, nor a cry. Just a simple statement, that echoed across time for him.

"YOU WOULD GIVE UP YOUR EXISTANCE...JUST TO SAVE THIS YOUNG MAN?"

"I've raised them. I was his mother, for the longest time. I know of their bond, Skeeter and Scooter. They should never be seperated. Even if that seperation is death, It would crush my very soul if he died this day, Death. Please. Take me instead. Not him."

He watched his daughter. She was much like her Mother, Life. She hated to see things die. Unlike her brother, Eli. He craved death. He laughed when planes crashed. He was excited when ships sank. He loved earthquakes, and other tragadies. He craved it. Death too, enjoyed it somewhat. But not with the emotion and pleasure that his son had. He merely knew it was the way of the universe. It was unavoidable. It was as it should be. But...here was his daughter, asking him to spare this young man, to replace him with her. He looked at his bony hand for a moment, his mind empty.

"....YOU KNOW YOU SHALL NEVER WALK THIS PLANET AGAIN, NANCY."

"I know that. Will you honor what I've asked you then?"

Death looked back at Eli. He was suprisingly quiet, listening to them talk. Sadie had sat down in the chair beside Skeeter. She was wondering why Eli was still as a rock. A pillar of an evil man. His hand still on those double doors. He was staring down that long hall once more, but no words came from his mouth, no emotions played across that stony face. No movement from his muscles. For them, time seemed to stand still. Eli listened, waiting.

"YES. I WILL."

"So, you will make Eli wait? I wish to see Scooter one last time, when he is better....before I leave."

"YOU WISH TO SPEAK TO THEM ALL, DON'T YOU?"

"Yes. I wish to pass peacefully with them. If I left suddenly, it would kill them, I know it."

Eli went absolutely pale. He turned around from those doors, and walked to Nancy. His face was pure anger. His body was tense, ready to fight already.

"Sister. You cannot do this!"

"I will not let you have him, Eli."

"You've given up yourself for....for him!! That lowly boy!!!"

"He is not lowly, brother. He is a very smart young man. He is one of the many reasons these people have kept going on!! He has dreams, as do his friends. I will not let those dreams die along with him."

To the muppets, they heard nothing. They saw nothing. What they saw was Eli standing in front of Nancy, glaring at her. But they saw no mouths moving. They heard no words. They did not see Death, standing right beside them. It was as if it were still silent in that small room.

The nurse came down that long hall. A clipboard in her hands, she was flipping through the papers. A mixture of a smile and a frown upon her face. She opened one of the doors, and poked her head outside of it.

"Ms. Grosse? Ms. Sadie Grosse??" She saw Sadie stand up, so she walked over to her.

"Is he alright, nurse? Will he make it!?" She looked to be near tears once more. She was so worried for her son.

The nurse nodded, smiling. "He'll be okay, Ms. Grosse. He'll wake up from the surgery in an hour or so. He'll be in the recovery room in a few minutes. They are closing him up right now as we speak."

Sadie was so happy. She fell to her knees, thanking God and whoever else she could think of. She felt a gentle hug around her. It was Skeeter, she was crying in happiness as well. Her brother made it through. The two collapsed, crying against each other.

Kermit heard the news, he went around waking everyone up.

"Hey guys!! Scooter's gonna be alright!!! YAAAYYY!!!!!" He threw his arms up in happiness, just yelling. He grabbed Piggy and gave her a kiss on the lips, she hugged him tightly as well. Within a minute or two, everyone was hugging each other, exuberant.

Everyone's thoughts were the same, that cold early winter morning.

'He's going to be alright.'

What little did they know....what sacrifice was made for them that same morning.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
*shivering....shaking....stunned silence*

Oh.My.Gosh. I can't believe it! Nancy... What a sacrifice...oh how will Kermit and friends take the news....

And I can't tell you enough the chills this line gave me:
"Come on, Kermit. We've gotta be strong for them. It won't help if everyone is breaking down, will it?" Jim said to him softly. Kermit looked up into Jim's face. He knew the man was sweet, and he had helped them a few times. He even went so far once as to represent them, to a couple of companys; when no humans would listen to those frogs, dogs, chickens, and bears. Kermit nodded, saying nothing.
Both chapters I just read were simply amazing. Powerful beyond words. More please!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Seventeen

Scooter was wheeled out of surgery, he was in the recovery room now. Normally only two people were allowed at a time into that room. But...in this case the hospital had to make an exception. Nearly everyone was piled into that room. The Electric Mayhem were sitting on the windowsill and underneath it. Sadie and Skeeter were on either side of Scooter's bed. Robin was sitting on his bed. Kermit, Piggy, Gonzo and Fozzie had taken up seats on the floor, around an armchair, which Nancy sat in. Eli was outside the room, sitting in a chair in the hall.

He was absolutely furious. He was clenching the armrests so hard, they were about to come out from under his hands. Death stood beside him, watching in the room.

"Why have you let this happen, Death?" He was now staring at the ground.

"YOU HAD THE CHANCE, ELI. BECAUSE YOU DID NOT TAKE IT WHEN I TOLD YOU TOO. YOUR SISTER HAS TAKEN

HIS PLACE NOW. ALTHOUGH I KNOW WHAT SHE SPOKE OF. YOU LOST THAT CHANCE, NOW SHE SHALL LEAVE INSTEAD OF HIM. IF I SEE YOU TRYING TO TAKE THAT BOY'S SOUL, I SHALL TAKE YOURS."

Eli stared at Death. He frowned. He knew when his Father had meant business, so he decided to just leave altogether. He left that hospital, walking down the snowy streets of Hensonville, going towards The Muppet Theatre.

---------------

Uncle Deadly was sitting in the old man's balcony, thinking. The show was supposed to go on tonight, but Kermit had postponed it, due to Scooter's illness. He understood. The only people in that theatre now, were Beauregard and Clifford. They were either cleaning up, or trying to fix the lighting once more.

"Why don't you just give up on that light, Clifford?"

Clifford just grumbled, twisting the screwdriver again, getting the cover on that light tight, so it wouldn't fall.

"You know it's going to break. Haven't you tried the fault breaker yet? That might be the problem." Deadly normally didn't bother with the daily goings of the theatre, but....well, with no one else there, he was bored to tell the truth.

The doors opened in the front of the theatre, as Eli walked inside. Beauregard looked up from his sweeping, and he smiled a bit.

"Hello there. Um...I don't think anybody is supposed to be here this morning."

Eli kept walking, down the pathway around the seats, disregarding the janitor.

"Hey! I said no one's supposed to be---OOF!" Beauregard was pushed down to the ground, Eli's hand upon his chest.

"If you're smart, Mr. Beauregard. You'll keep out of my way." Eli snarled, not wanting to be bothered with anyone that day.

Deadly heard the commotion, and he leapt deftly out of the balcony unto the floor.

"Eli. I might've known. Get your hands off of him. He won't harm you." Deadly frowned, seeing the young man.

Eli removed his hand from Beau's chest, and helped him upright once more. Then he started walking towards Deadly. The phantom stood his ground, and frowned again.

"What are you doing here, you pestering spawn of Death?"

"Such sweet words, you old spook. I'm quite flattered." He replied sarcastically. He sat down in one of the seats, and glanced up at Deadly, smiling.

"Like I said, what business do you have here? I'll get your Father to send you out of here, you know. There are only two people here besides myself. No souls are needed to leave."

"Oh, I'm not here to collect souls, old friend. I'm merely here to see what happens when they return." He drummed his fingers on the armrest, looking quite delighted with himself.

"You haven't done anything to the boy, have you?" He was a bit worried, he had watched everything that had gone on last night in the backstage area. But, as he is dead, he was not able to follow them.

"I wish." He stated. Then he was quiet for a moment. "But....my sister shall leave them, and I would love to see how they are, once they get back here. Plus...I just needed a place to get some quiet. So, please leave, Uncle Deadly. I don't think you'd wish me to harm you."

Deadly watched Eli for a few moments, then he went back to watching Clifford try to fix the light. He figured if hadn't harmed Scooter, it was no trouble letting him stay. He wasn't harming anything anyways.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
He wasn't harming anything...I hope he has no intensions of doing so! More good stuff Renee! This story is so deep! But it's great!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Eighteen

-~-~-Get your teddy bears and tissues ready, guys.-~-~-

-----------------------

Blackness. Complete and utter blackness. It seemed to swallow him whole, yet...he was still there. He wondered if he would ever get out of that place. His thoughts turned inwards, memorys playing by him like yesterday. Him and Kermit playing as toddlers.

Always calling Gonzo a weirdo. Never laughing at any of Fozzie's jokes. His sister and Piggy always fighting over who was better at this, or at that. Then....he remembered those fateful days.....

He met Jane. He met Emily. He met Hortense. ....When he was little, he thought he hated those women. They took his friends away.

Jane had come by, with James as well. He remembered Kermit leaving the nursery, and Nanny carrying a small box underneath her arms when she came to get him from there.

He hated those boxes. When he saw them....he knew they were gone. He saw the old red truck leave, and it never came back.

Then....another box. And Piggy left. She was crying, she didn't want to leave them. She wanted to stay, to play to her heart's content. But...she couldn't stop it. He couldn't stop it. It merely happened. Then she was gone too.

A while later, yet another box. A small rubber chicken was poking out of it. But instead of leaving that nursery....he stayed one last day. Emily had brought cookies for the children, they played games, while his mother told Scooter of so many jokes she knew. He laughed, he enjoyed her company. Then....while they took their nap....Fozzie left too.

He figured now, Emily didn't want to bother the others with him leaving them. Instead it made them think Fozzie was dead, until he sent a postcard to them. But still....they missed him.

An older man, with blue hair and a saxophone came then. He had said his name was Zoot, and he was here to get Animal. He stayed for a short while. Letting Animal say his goodbyes. Or rather try to tear apart the room one last time. Zoot played his sax a little bit, a cute jaunty tune, and Animal was playing his little toy drum set unskillfully trying to keep up with the man's playing.

Nanny had Animal's box, which she gave to Zoot. He remembered hearing Nanny tell Zoot there wasn't much in there, because Animal pretty much ate anything he got his hands on. Zoot laughed, and said the little guy was always like that it seemed.

Then they left too.

By then, only Bunsen, Beaker, Bean, Rowlf, Gonzo, and him and his sister were left. Bunsen always had some silly new contraption to work on, and Beaker was always getting hurt from it. Skeeter was always trying to get him to play with her, but he never really liked playing all that much, she was too rough he thought.

He now wished he had played more, when he had the chance.

Bunsen and Beaker left. An older man, in a white coat came, picking them up. They left like Kermit left. No words, no parting play days, just...left.

Bean left back to his warrens. Scooter didn't really remember much about him though. He just left.

An old brown dog had come to the house. Nanny had yet another box underneath her arm. That old dog had walked into the nursery, and Rowlf ran to him, laughing. Rowlf pointed to his piano, yet the old dog shook his head softly. Rowlf nodded, seeing the small blue car outside. He scooped the little puppy in his arms, and then Rowlf had left too, just as suddenly.

Then...he felt his heart breaking. His memories turned to that day. That day his mind had pushed to the back.

A lady....wearing a sharp black dress came to the house. She was standing at the door, talking with Nanny, he remembered. She was pleading with her. About what he didn't know.

The lady entered into the nursery. Skeeter was trying to help Gonzo get over the swing set, but he kept dropping Camilla, and he wanted to do it with that little toy in his hands. All three of them stopped playing, when the new lady entered into the room.

She knelt in front of Skeeter, smiling.

"Hello there, Skeeter." She had said.

Scooter watched Nanny. She looked like she was crying in the hall. The lady stepped forward, still crouched down. She had her hands extended, ready to hug Skeeter. Skeeter walked closer to her, smiling.

"Hi! Who are you?" Skeeter asked her.

The lady smiled, tears flowing down her face. "I...I'm your new mother, Skeeter."

Skeeter stopped walking. She stared at the new lady, then she looked back at Scooter, who was still sitting in front of his small computer. He had stopped typing, staring as well.

"You're our new mother...right?" She asked, curious.

The lady stood up, she saw the little boy in front of that laptop, his thick black glasses almost glinting from the soft light the computer made. Her expression dropped. She didn't know their was two of them. She had only wanted Skeeter. She frowned softly, and knelt back down in front of Skeeter.

"I...I'm sorry sweetie. But I can only take you back with me. I don't....I don't have room for your brother."

Skeeter started to cry, the lady gently picked her up and cradled her in her arms. Nanny walked down beside the lady and grabbed her arm.

"Please....take them both. I...I'll even do the paperwork for you!! Just take both of them, they're twins!! Please!!"

The lady shook her head sadly, and started to leave the nursery. In a split second, both Gonzo and Scooter were around her, one on each leg.

"Don't take her lady!!!" Gonzo yelled at her. All Scooter could do was cry. Skeeter was also crying, but the lady had a tight grip on her, so she couldn't move.

"I'm just sorry, children! Please, let me move!!!"

Nanny could do nothing. She was powerless to change what had happened. She pried Scooter and Gonzo off of that lady's leg. The two walked down back into the nursery, and they sat there.

The two toddlers didn't know what to do. It was lonely in that nursery. Gonzo pulled out a toy harmonica and played a soft little tune. It didn't really mean anything back then. Scooter thought, looking back at it, that Gonzo didn't even know what he was playing. It struck his heart when rewatching this painful memories he knew what his friend had played.

It was Gonzo's song. Deep within that black space, in his mind, Scooter was singing to himself.

"This looks familiar.....vaguely familiar,
Almost unreal, yet, it's too soon to feel yet...."

He choked on his own words....remembering that same day, back in the nursery. Gonzo never sang that song, yet he played that sad slow melody on his little toy harmonica....

"Close to my soul.....and yet so far away.
I'm going to go back there someday..."

He curled up tightly, wishing he could see his sister again....he never played with them enough....he never was there enough he thought.....he missed his friends, his heart breaking again....

----------

Gonzo was clasping Scooter's hand. The monitors beeping softly. It was almost 2 hours since he had gotten out of surgery now....he still hadn't woken up.

"..Sun rises, night falls, sometimes the sky calls.
Is that a song there....and do you belong there?
I've never been there, but you know the way.
We're going to go back there someday...."

Gonzo was softly singing to Scooter. He wanted to speak, but...no words had come forth....so he decided he'd sing. That might give some comfort to him....

"Come and go with us...it's more fun to share,
We'll all be completely at home in midair.
We're flyin', not walkin', on featherless wings.
We can hold onto our love like invisible strings."

Kermit and Piggy joined in, hoping maybe....just maybe....

"There's not a word yet for old friends who've just met."

By then, everyone was singing softly, in that small room. Rowlf had pulled out his small harmonica...and was playing it now. Robin had curled up on Scooter's chest, watching him sleeping. Hoping he'd wake up soon. That he would be alright again.

"Part heaven, part space, or have you found your place?"
You can just visit, but we plan to stay.
We're going to go back there someday.
We're going to go back there someday...."

Gonzo started to cry, laying his head on the bed beside Scooter. He wanted his friend to wake up so badly now. Everyone was so worried. Piggy dug around in her purse, and she saw her old blue hankerchief. She started to sob now, hugging onto Kermit tightly.

"Oh...Kermie.....why won't he wake up yet??"

"I don't know Piggy....I....I just don't know."

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow...oh wow, that was truly very sad, I'm glad you put a warning at the beginning. But once again, very good, very well written. You really evoke alot of feeling, I feel as if I'm there experiencing all of this!

One small nitpick, in the scene where they were all leaving, you forgot Rowlf. I love Rowlf, he's always been my favorite, so I had to point that out, not to be picky really. The scene was really very good, so I'm not critizcizing. I did like how you had Kermit be the first one to be picked up. It seemed fitting some how.

All right, I've got more kleenix ready and my teddy bear handy, let's see some more.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Truly beautiful Renee... But, um, did you forget about Rowlf in the nursery and his adoption?
Will post again later to give you some time before the next chapter.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Alrighty. And if you noticed I've fixed that scene above.

I didn't notice it when I was typing it out, but going back it stuck out like a sore thumb to me. XD

Thank you.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Much better Renee. So, was that Patch from FraggleForever's story? Or was it from Beth's story, which I have yet to read...

Nice reference to the Muppet Meeting Films when Kermit's thinking of all Jim's done for them.
Liked the scene in the nursery with all the parents. Zoot coming to get Animal, that I liked. But who was this woman who picked up only Skeeter? And how did Gonzo and Scooter leave the nursery? Just a little bit left to make the separation completely and drain us of even more tears with this beautiful story.

On another note, I liked the description of Eli, who he is, who Nancy/Nanny really is... I'm a collector of souls myself you could say, but me thinks Eli will be unhappy with what lies in store at the theater.
Come on Uncle Deadly, just let the old demon sulk till the rest of the gang get there... Hopefully with more story soon.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
"Patch"? I don't seem to recoginize it, Count.

And...I've never watched the MMF at all. XD But yeah. And for Gonzo and Scooter....well....I know I'm kinda revealing something, but I don't think I'll say anything else, storywise about the nursery.

Gonzo never left. He had no family, so he stayed with Nanny for quite sometime.

And with Eli and Uncle Deadly, yeah. "let the old demon sulk" for some reason, I just laughed out loud when I read that, Ed. XD I loved that comment. Yeah, he's a perturbed old demon, ain't he?