FanFic: The Search For Sadie

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Thirteen

Jerry was driving his car back home. He remembered what Eli had tryed to do to Nancy. His cell phone rang. He pulled into some random parking lot, and answered it.

"J.P. Grosse here! What do you need?"

"Hey there, J.P. It's Kermit."

"Oh, hello. You guys don't need another extension do you? The theatre's fine isn't it?" He worried that Kermit might be asking for more money to fix the theatre or something like that.

"N-No, J.P. Scooter's really sick, and he'd like to see you. He said he wants to talk to you about something. He won't tell us what, but...he's just wanting to see you, that's all."

"Is it possible to meet at the theatre, Kermit?"

"Yeah. We'll be there in a little while, J.P. How far away are you?"

"I'm about twenty minutes away. I'll make it as quick as possible."

"Oh good. We'll see you then."

Jerry closed his cell phone, and started up the car. He started to drive to the theatre. He wondered just what his nephew would want to speak to him about.

He had hoped it wasn't what he thought it was about.

---------

She had stayed seated in the kitchen. After talking with the boys, she didn't want to move anymore. She didn't want to break Sadie and Skeeter's hearts. Breaking a heart twice in one day is very bad on the person, she believed.

But, she didn't have to move. Because, they came to her.

"Hey there, Nanny!" Skeeter said happily, opening the fridge. She saw a jug of orange juice and poured herself a glass. Then she poured one for Sadie, and another for Nancy. She set the glass of juice in front of Nancy and sat down at the long dining table.

Nancy didn't touch the juice. She just stared at it. Sadie sat beside Nancy, and patted her shoulder.

"Nancy?" Sadie took a sip of the drink, and noticed Nancy's hands were shaking, she placed her own hand on them. "Something's wrong, isn't it?"

"Your boy is dying, Sadie." Nancy said simply.

It was now Sadie's turn to stare at her half-drank glass of juice. A few moments of silence passed. She sighed, and looked over at Skeeter.

But, she was gone.

"Skeeter? Skeeter!!?" Sadie leapt up from the table, and went looking for her daughter. She was worried, about what...she didn't know. But her heart told her to find her, and find her quick.

-----------

The young girl was running. Running as if her life depended on it. She knew where that old theatre was, and went towards it. She had walked many times around the old small town of Hensonville. She knew her way around it by heart. What her mother and Nancy didn't know, was that her and Scooter, they knew each other. They knew they were safe.

They knew they existed.

Weather it was twin's intuition, or simply her soul that drove her, she kept running. Even before Nancy had said a word, she knew her brother was hurting. And he needed help.

So, she ran.

------------

"SKEETER!!!" Sadie was now halfway down the street, yelling with all her might, to try to find Skeeter, who was already nearly 2 miles down the road.

Nancy walked outside the house, and shook her head. "Skeeter isn't anywhere in the house, Sadie."

She hung her head, and dug her hands deep in her pockets. She felt a small crumple of paper. She pulled it out.

She knew where they were.

And she was going to find them both.

"Get in my car, Nancy. I'll drive." Sadie said, determation on her face.

"But why, Sadie? What's happened??" She sat down in Sadie's car, pulling the cane inside with her. She wasn't questioning her, but rather what did she figure out.

"I've lost them once." She cranked the car, and with a screech, she was on the road, almost speeding down the road. She was a mother ready to fight, a feral woman wanting to protect her young. She looked over at Nancy for a second.

"And I'm not going to lose them again."

theprawncracker

Reaction score
NO YOU'RE NOT SADIE!! Go Sadie go!!!!!

Oh this is great! So we have Sadie and Nanny and Skeeter and J.P. and Kermit and the others all going to the theater! Wow! I can't wait to see how this turns out!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Renee, this is AWESOME! And I second what prawnie says. And I am SO curious! And I want more! And...yeah!

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
NO YOU'RE NOT SADIE!! Go Sadie go!!!!!

Oh this is great! So we have Sadie and Nanny and Skeeter and J.P. and Kermit and the others all going to the theater! Wow! I can't wait to see how this turns out!
I didn't get that "NO YOU'RE NOT SADIE!!" line. XD Could you explain?

Oh, and more story Monday morning.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I meant, "No Sadie you're not going to lose them again!"

Monday? Aww, oh well, I guess we have been spoiled with your chaps every day...But I can wait!! I hope...

muppetwriter

Reaction score
I rarely read any other stories on the boards; I usually read my own, which could be a bit boring at times. I noticed how everyone was tuning in to this story, so I decided to tune in as well. This story is really captivating! I'm reading the first chapters of it, and I'm like, "Whoa! So much drama in a Muppet fanfic!"

And I'm impressed with how quick you come up with the story for each chapter. I suffer from a terrible case of writer's block, and it takes almost a month for me to think up something for the next chapter.

Nice! Very nice!:wink:

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
I meant, "No Sadie you're not going to lose them again!"

Monday? Aww, oh well, I guess we have been spoiled with your chaps every day...But I can wait!! I hope...
That makes perfect sense. Thank you. Normally I'm not allowed on the computer on Sundays, that's why.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh ok, that's fine. I'll live! I promise! If not, I'd miss the rest of this amazing story!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
And if he should happen to die, we'll get Uncle Deadly to revive Ryan.

You know... After living with my mom and younger sister for all these years... The scene of Sadie and Skeeter after their fight was just par for the coarse and funny to me at the same time.
To "borrow" from Lisa again... You got me right 'bout here...
It was as if the world had stopped for him. And it would never start again.

Now we've got all these groups of Muppets racing to meet each other at the theater... Kinda makes you feel we're trying to get to Toadstool all over again.
But that's a good thing.

Also, just how did Scooter get this illness? And what was Eli hinting at when J.P. left his office?
Well, not sure if I'm spoiling or fueling Renee with ideas... But Eli is the Norse embodimient of old age or aging.
Lemme explain... It's not that Eli is the Norse translation of "old age" or "aging". It's just that said character was involved in a story of legend where she was equal to the process of aging and growing mortally old.

Like I said, not sure which of the two things I'm doing t the story, but I hope there'll be some confrotation between Death and Eli. Death, moved by Uncle Deadly and his friends, a hero at last.