Fantasy wedding

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Inspired by the funeral thread (which I intend to post in), how do you want your wedding to be? That is, if you're not yet married.

Also, I don't necessarily plan on getting married, but if I do, this is what I'd like it to be like

I'll wear a white Renaissance dress, a white robe/with hood (think Galadriel in Lord of the Rings, NOT KKK) instead of a veil, white fishnets, white lacey fingerless gloves, white lace-up boots w/ pointy toes and heels
The groom will be dressed like Jack Skellington
The ringbearer will be dressed like Frodo Baggins, and the wedding ring will have the same inscription the One Ring has.
Somehow, I'll get black roses.
The bridesmaids and maid/matron of honor will wear black purple dresses, probably Renaissance
Instead of Here Comes the Bride, either Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da or The Maiden and the Minstrel Knight will play (probably the first b/c the second one's kinda long)

Now I just need to find a guy who'll agree to all this.
*insert devious emoticon*

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
I'm not quite as creative as you- very cool ideas, sounds like a very memorable wedding :smile:
Isn't it such a girlie thing to think about your dream wedding? I'm way single right now and must admit that I think about what my "dream" wedding woud be like (hey- any single muppet lovin' men out there looking to get hitched? :flirt: kidding, kidding) Seriously- the dress would be strapless, empire waist- very simple. Not too much beading or lace or anything. Same with my makeup, very simple and natural looking. Hair would be upswept (once I grow it out!).
For the bridesmaids I would probably tell them to pick out what ever style of dress they wanted as long as they were all in the same color (I'm thinking a dark burgandy) this way each girl gets to pick a dress that flatters her figure and no one gets stuck with a hideous dress.
I would love to have a small, private ceremony followed by a huge reception where everyone could just hang out and have a good time (meaning- no cheese-y DJ trying to make everyone do the "macraena").
All I need is the man! :big_grin:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
HeraLirambar said:
Inspired by the funeral thread (which I intend to post in), how do you want your wedding to be? That is, if you're not yet married.

Also, I don't necessarily plan on getting married, but if I do, this is what I'd like it to be like

I'll wear a white Renaissance dress, a white robe/with hood (think Galadriel in Lord of the Rings, NOT KKK) instead of a veil, white fishnets, white lacey fingerless gloves, white lace-up boots w/ pointy toes and heels
The groom will be dressed like Jack Skellington
The ringbearer will be dressed like Frodo Baggins, and the wedding ring will have the same inscription the One Ring has.
Somehow, I'll get black roses.
The bridesmaids and maid/matron of honor will wear black purple dresses, probably Renaissance
Instead of Here Comes the Bride, either Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da or The Maiden and the Minstrel Knight will play (probably the first b/c the second one's kinda long)

Now I just need to find a guy who'll agree to all this.
*insert devious emoticon*
That sounds very cool. You've obviously put a lot of thought into this! (And, I take it, are a big Lord of the Rings fan! :smile: ) I've never been one of those gals to think much of a dream wedding, chief among them being *never had anything close to a boyfriend* and *never been much good at planning things*. But if I did get married, the one thing I would really love is to have my grandpa perform the ceremony. He married my parents and baptized me, and if he would be able to do that, I wouldn't care too much what else went on. I also think a nice outdoor reception would be cool, definitely with kids included - I've got lots of younger cousins - youngest 5, I believe - and I'm crazy about them. :big_grin:
Erin

jellyman kelly

Reaction score
my wedding..

ooh, i can never resist a conversation about weddings..
probably because technically i should be married already, our date was set for the 9th november last year. but a couple of months before the day, everything started to seem like a ridiculous waste of money, and nothing about the whole thing was even making us smile anymore...:cry:

so, we talked about it and decided what we really wanted to do was get married in the backyard of our house, only problem was, we didnt have a house. i remember saying to my other half, through sniffles and tears "why dont we just build a house and get married in the backyard?" and after id said it, it just felt like exactly the right thing to do...so here i am nearly a year later with a huge house and massive backyard with no landscaping, a shelved wedding dress and a ring on my finger! im deleriously happy because i know we made the right decision. i still have my wedding to look forward to. :excited:

it was kind of hard telling my bridesmaids that i would be returning their dresses (they were soo sexy, in four shades of berry, strapless and split to the thigh) and cancelling photographers and all that. but ive still got my dress, its a two peice gold paper silk, strapless number with a big cape thing sewn into the waist, its kind of hard to describe..its pretty modern looking. i cant wait to wear it..:cool:

anyways, now weve decided to have the wedding at home in our big (muddy, unfinished...) backyard themed to the song 'summer breeze, makes me feel fine...' by seals and croft. well have lots of champers, a juke box jammed with 60's and 70's tunes, lots of candles, closest friends and family.....*sighs* :sing:

beaker

Reaction score
Mine would be a jubilatory celebration to ring through the trumpeted halls of the ages and the glorious hyms of a seraphim choir.
Bereft in ammorous array, my ultimate uber cool wedding would
be like the festivites at the end of Phantom Menace or Jedi,
the collective euphoria of risen towers and endless marble columns hushed in an incandescent glow. A century of streamers and tapestry as far as the eye could see, such a splendid blessed occation would be marked by great imagination, wonder, and joy.

...As, for me to even find a gf in the first place after all these years would mean heck just froze over(that or Gary Coleman really does become governor of CA:wink: )

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Welp, I'm 'onna have me a Disney's "Sleeping Beauty" weddin'.

I'll be dressed like Prince Phillip in the final scene, my bride'll be dressed like Aurora (in BLUE, not "pink"!), and we will march down the aisle together to Tchaikovsky's "Sleeping Beauty Finale" (which was what Phillip & Aurora descended the staircase to in the film).

Here are how others'll be dressed:

Maid of Honor = Maleficent
Bridesmaids = Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather

Best Man = Sampson
Groomsmen = Goons

Pastor = Lackey

Bride's parents = King Stefan & the Queen

Groom's father = King Hubert (mother, "royal medieval wear")

And there were more details, but I don't remember 'em all right now...all's I know is that I planned this out in a stupid class a few years ago, the most borin' 4 hours o' muh life... :sleep:

But of course, iffin' I have me a Muppet weddin', the bride'll be half dressed as Janice, half Mokey.

:cool:

anathema

Reaction score
I misread this sentence the first time around:

Janice & Mokey's Man said:
...the bride'll be half dressed...

*embarrassed*

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Welp, I'm 'onna have me a Disney's "Sleeping Beauty" weddin'.

I'll be dressed like Prince Phillip in the final scene, my bride'll be dressed like Aurora (in BLUE, not "pink"!), and we will march down the aisle together to Tchaikovsky's "Sleeping Beauty Finale" (which was what Phillip & Aurora descended the staircase to in the film).

Here are how others'll be dressed:

Maid of Honor = Maleficent
Bridesmaids = Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather

Best Man = Sampson
Groomsmen = Goons

Pastor = Lackey

Bride's parents = King Stefan & the Queen

Groom's father = King Hubert (mother, "royal medieval wear")

And there were more details, but I don't remember 'em all right now...all's I know is that I planned this out in a stupid class a few years ago, the most borin' 4 hours o' muh life... :sleep:
Why am I not surprised?? :wink: But it does sound like a lovely wedding!

But of course, iffin' I have me a Muppet weddin', the bride'll be half dressed as Janice, half Mokey.

:cool:
This, however, sounds slightly grotesque... :sympathy: :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
I've never planned out my wedding, but I already know I would never marry for love. I wouldn't just because if I were in love with someone, then I wouldn't feel the need to have a piece of paper or a ring to show it. Common law is the way to be!

However, I would marry for money. Yes, I would definitely be one of those gold digging Anna Nicole type... except thinner and much less annoying (and less skanky too). And my wedding dress would be made of money... $100 bills only, maybe a few 50's too. And then I would stick money in my dreads (my hair is in dreadlocks) and have a bouquet made out of money. And then hopefully if my ridiculously welathy 80 year old dying fiancee can find the energy to sit up in his wheel chair long enough I'll push him down an aisle of... that's right, you guessed it, money. And then at the end of the wedding I'd get to kick all the guests out so I could roll around in my money... and a little bit of their money too.

(Le sigh) I can't wait for that day.

$_$ Debo