FAO Schwartz: Muppet Whatnot Workshop coming October 22

Status
Not open for further replies.

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Ok... I know a watched pot never boils. But it's 9:15 over here on the East Coast and the Online Workshop still hasn't launched. I guess I still have to wait...

Oh the humanity :eek: !

mrsieve

Reaction score
I just checked, I dont see the page active yet. :frown:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Yeah, I just checked, too. Think they're opening it up tonight? Or noon, I would've assumed.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
I talked with a representative at FAO and how the construction process works is...
you order the WhatNot puppet shape and FAO sends you a kit- the kit has all the features associated with that particular puppet shape. You then stick the features on the puppet shape and mail it back to FAO- they then build the puppet you created and mail it to you when constructed.

The customer service person said she knew that the web design team was up all night putting the final touches on the site. She was surprised to find the Muppet section not up and running and said she would inform corporate about the problem.

She recommended everyone on Muppet Central call customer service at 1-800-426-8697 and inform them of the site not working. If corporate gets enough calls they may work faster on solving the problem (Whatever the problem is). She said that I was the first to bring the webpage not working to their attention.

She also stated she could take my order over the phone, but I stated I wanted to see what I'm ordering before I order LOL She agreed and said she'll call corporate ASAP.

Hope it helps

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Thanks for calling CreatureWork! I called that number you posted- the attendant I talked to hadn't known about the problem with the website. She assured me that by the end of today or (unfortunately) tomorrow we'd be seeing something. Hopefully that was more that a service rep. getting an annoyed customer off her back...

I guess all we can do is wait and count the seconds until its launch. :sympathy:

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Woah! The old picture is all fuzzy and miscombobulated! Could this mean the site is being upgraded?

P.S. - This is of 2:30 Eastern Time

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
GASP :eek: ! I just checked and they postponed the opening of the New York Store until November 13! Could this mean a delay for the online store too? What is going on here ! :eek: ? :eek: !

TML

Reaction score
I thought this was opening on-line today? Anybody have any info on it?

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
The other thread says FAO wasn't aware of the problem and they're working on it. Hopefully we'll see it later today or tomorrow at the latest.

But I just went to check again, and the banner is acting really funky. It's like the picture is lapping itself or something :s

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, FAO.com was updated to show that the on-line Muppet Whatnot Workshop is opening today but the one at the New York Store is not opening until November 13.

By the way, we merged the two threads in the Muppet Merchandise and Puppetry sections to this one discussion. Let's try to keep the Whatnot discussions in one place.

Status
Not open for further replies.