1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fave Muppeteer(s)

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Kiki, Aug 27, 2006.

1. MeepBorkMeep New Member

Mine would have to be...

Jerry Nelson- Cause Floyd is so awesome.

Richard Hunt- Cause he's so good at playing girls.

Frank Oz- Cause he's hilarious no matter what characters he's playing.

Jim Henson- Eh, who cares about him? -sarcasm-

Dave Goelz- Cause he's so strange, and we got the same sense of humor, plus he's kinda cute. There, I said it.

Kevin Clash- Cause he rocks at interviews and making Elmo so wonderfully obscene in them.

Steve Whitmire- Cause he's so pretty, and he's got that dark Rizzo side.

Carroll Spinney- Cause I forgot to mention him in the above list.

Louise Gold- Cause she's got such a good voice, and she's so funny and a rolemodel for female puppeteers.

Karen Prell- Cause she's such a Muppet dork, and a rolemodel for female puppeteers.

Kathy Mullen- I forget why, but I remember her being really nice.

Bob Stutt- Cause he performs a dust bunny on Big Comfy Couch.

Okay. Named em all, right?
  2. Kiki Active Member

Great, just great. Now i can't make up my mind on who's my fave now. Yeah, thanks you lot.

Now that i think about it, i actually like Eren Ozker, she's seemed like such a talented woman while she worked with the Muppets.
  3. froggiegirl18 New Member

Hard question...I would have to say that my favorite two muppet performers are dave and Karen. Their puppetry techniques are amazing. But each muppet peformer is/was top notch. But yeah I love watching Dave and Karen's characters. Anyone know what Karen is up to now?
  4. Giar Fraggle Member

I heard Karen was puppeteering on Late Night Buffet. Don't know if that was a one-time thing or if she's staying for the whole project, and I don't know where that puts her job at Pixar, but there you go.

I know, I was watching Fraggle Rock the other night and I was just mesmerized by how much Karen could do with Red (it was The Minstrels, by the way, a very Red-centric ep). Red may have been the Stradivarius of puppets, but Karen was definitely the master musician.

And watching Dave puppeteer is like watching poetry in motion. You can tell the guy knows his puppets inside and out (literally!). (But I have already said quite enough about Dave.)

Ah, Rizzo, the Dark Steve. That always cracks me up. It's interesting to observe how Gonzo and Rizzo have kind of matured along with their performers. Like someone said in another thread, Gonzo seems quite a bit more reserved than in his earlier days, and Steve himself said that as he grows older, Rizzo gets more crochety.

This may seem weird and creepy and creepy and weird, but last night I had a nightmare that Louise Gold passed away. :o I hope that doesn't actually happen any time soon...
  5. Morgan Clueless New Member

Honestly, I cannot choose just one Muppeteer to deem as my favorite! :crazy: But I can name a few that I call my faves:

Dave Goelz
    Karen Prell
    Kathryn Mullen
    Jerry Nelson
    Bill Barreta
    Richard Hunt
    Steve Whitmire

And, of course, Jim Henson himself. None of this would've existed if it wasn't for him. But without the excellent teamwork of all the performers, it would've crumbled, anyway. So props not only to those listed, but to all Muppeteers, past and present! :)

- Morgan "Clueless" Goat

PS: Is it okay to admit that part of the reason I like these guys is because they perform some of my favorite characters? :/ Just asking.
  6. Giar Fraggle Member

Of course it's okay. That's one of the reasons Dave is my favorite.
  7. MeepBorkMeep New Member

Course. The only ones I got actual things for is Richard, Stevie, Dave, Kevin, and Bill. That leaves....well that leaves Jerry. And Jim. And Frank. Cause they're so talented.
  8. Kiki Active Member

Well, call me crazy, but i have ta admit i do kinda have a 'thing' (er, if you catch my drift) for Richard. Just a little thing, i mean, when he was in his 20's, a bit younger. :o :flirt:
  9. Skye Active Member

Kiki, I... I... I just can't imagine what that is like... *shifty eyes*

Haha, don't worry. You're definitely not the only one here with a thing for Richard! I am quite guilty of it myself, along with a few others around here.
  10. Ilikemuppets New Member

Oh, yeah, I love Jerry Nelson, what a range.

Oh yeah, and bill, truly talanted. he never fails to entertain me and make me laugh.
  11. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Dave Goelz is my all time favorite Muppeteer, I've always LOVED Gonzo, he's been my favorite Muppet ever since the Muppet Babies episode where he tried to woo Piggy. And of course he has Boober, my favorite Fraggle.

Of course I LOVE Jerry Nelson too, he's just so versatile! Uncle Deadly is one of my all time favorite Muppets as are Floyd and Marjorie the Trash Heap (Nyeah!). And you've just gotta love all his voices, the Count, Robin, Gobo, there are too many to name!!

Then there's Jim. Who is just...Well he's Jim! CANTUS!! ROWLF!! DR. TEETH! And fo course there's Kermit, who IS Jim, and IS awesome.

Frank is AMAZING with Grover, who is my all time favorite SS character. Then he's got Piggy who is slowly making herself one of my fave Muppets, and then of course Sam and Fozzie are awesome.

And Steve is so Awesome for taking Kermit and Ernie after Jim passed away. It takes a big man to do that. *looks around* And I've been told to say he's cute...

Then Richard!!! SCOOTER!! I LOVE Scooter! He is just so loveable! And Janice!! Woot!

Carol has Oscar and Big Bird, and he makes them both seem SO real. I love it!

And Bill Baretta is SO SO SO funny! Pepe! Bobo! Johnny! All HILARIOUS characters! Bill is awesome!
  12. Princeton Guest

Well, if it's a MB ep, then technically Gonzo is not a Dave character. Baby Gonzo is voiced by the great Russi Taylor.
  13. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I know, I just fell in love with the character Dave developed.
  14. Princeton Guest

Well, granted, Dave did develop the adult Gonzo, whereas Baby Gonzo is, of course, a baby, which are not fully developed human beings.:smirk:
  15. Skekayuk Member

I think those of you who know me already know that my favourite muppeteer is Louise Gold. - She's versatile, funny, nice, she can sing-dance & act with or without a puppet, and above all she's got a great singing voice, in particular a terrific belt voice.

My second favourite is Jerry Nelson, mainly because of his wonderful singing. And of course also the voices.

Emma
  16. Collgoff Well-Known Member

My kind of muppeteers are!
    Jim Henson because he was the man started it all and he performed Kermite the Frog and Ernie from Sesame Street.
    Jerry Nelson he's a good singer and performer but mostley I like when he dose voices like Kermit's nephew Robin, Gobo Fraggle from Fraggle rock, and Emmite Otter from Emmite Otter Jug band Christmas.
    Kathy Mullen she perfomed Mokey in Fraggle Rock she also performed Leona from beteen the lions, and she has telant.
    Karen Prell she did Red Fraggle in Fraggle Rock and I hear that she's a good artist.
    Dave Gloez he did Boober and Traveling Matt in Fraggle Rock he alsoe dose Gonzo and many others.
    Steve Whitmire he is a great performer and he performed Wembley in Fraggle rock. He dose Rizzo the Rat he also dose Kermit and Beaker now.