Fave Muppeteer(s)

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Mine would have to be...

Jerry Nelson- Cause Floyd is so awesome.

Richard Hunt- Cause he's so good at playing girls.

Frank Oz- Cause he's hilarious no matter what characters he's playing.

Jim Henson- Eh, who cares about him? -sarcasm-

Dave Goelz- Cause he's so strange, and we got the same sense of humor, plus he's kinda cute. There, I said it.

Kevin Clash- Cause he rocks at interviews and making Elmo so wonderfully obscene in them.

Steve Whitmire- Cause he's so pretty, and he's got that dark Rizzo side.

Carroll Spinney- Cause I forgot to mention him in the above list.

Louise Gold- Cause she's got such a good voice, and she's so funny and a rolemodel for female puppeteers.

Karen Prell- Cause she's such a Muppet dork, and a rolemodel for female puppeteers.

Kathy Mullen- I forget why, but I remember her being really nice.

Bob Stutt- Cause he performs a dust bunny on Big Comfy Couch.

Okay. Named em all, right?

Kiki

Reaction score
Great, just great. Now i can't make up my mind on who's my fave now. Yeah, thanks you lot.

Now that i think about it, i actually like Eren Ozker, she's seemed like such a talented woman while she worked with the Muppets.

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
Hard question...I would have to say that my favorite two muppet performers are dave and Karen. Their puppetry techniques are amazing. But each muppet peformer is/was top notch. But yeah I love watching Dave and Karen's characters. Anyone know what Karen is up to now?

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I heard Karen was puppeteering on Late Night Buffet. Don't know if that was a one-time thing or if she's staying for the whole project, and I don't know where that puts her job at Pixar, but there you go.

I know, I was watching Fraggle Rock the other night and I was just mesmerized by how much Karen could do with Red (it was The Minstrels, by the way, a very Red-centric ep). Red may have been the Stradivarius of puppets, but Karen was definitely the master musician.

And watching Dave puppeteer is like watching poetry in motion. You can tell the guy knows his puppets inside and out (literally!). (But I have already said quite enough about Dave.)

Ah, Rizzo, the Dark Steve. That always cracks me up. It's interesting to observe how Gonzo and Rizzo have kind of matured along with their performers. Like someone said in another thread, Gonzo seems quite a bit more reserved than in his earlier days, and Steve himself said that as he grows older, Rizzo gets more crochety.

This may seem weird and creepy and creepy and weird, but last night I had a nightmare that Louise Gold passed away. :embarrassed: I hope that doesn't actually happen any time soon...

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
Honestly, I cannot choose just one Muppeteer to deem as my favorite! :crazy: But I can name a few that I call my faves:

Dave Goelz
Karen Prell
Kathryn Mullen
Jerry Nelson
Bill Barreta
Richard Hunt
Steve Whitmire

And, of course, Jim Henson himself. None of this would've existed if it wasn't for him. But without the excellent teamwork of all the performers, it would've crumbled, anyway. So props not only to those listed, but to all Muppeteers, past and present! :smile:

- Morgan "Clueless" Goat

PS: Is it okay to admit that part of the reason I like these guys is because they perform some of my favorite characters? :/ Just asking.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
Of course it's okay. That's one of the reasons Dave is my favorite.

MeepBorkMeep

Reaction score
Course. The only ones I got actual things for is Richard, Stevie, Dave, Kevin, and Bill. That leaves....well that leaves Jerry. And Jim. And Frank. Cause they're so talented.

Kiki

Reaction score
Well, call me crazy, but i have ta admit i do kinda have a 'thing' (er, if you catch my drift) for Richard. Just a little thing, i mean, when he was in his 20's, a bit younger. :embarrassed: :flirt:

Skye

Reaction score
Kiki, I... I... I just can't imagine what that is like... *shifty eyes*

Haha, don't worry. You're definitely not the only one here with a thing for Richard! I am quite guilty of it myself, along with a few others around here.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, I love Jerry Nelson, what a range.

Oh yeah, and bill, truly talanted. he never fails to entertain me and make me laugh.