Favorite Christmas Eve on Sesame Street Scenes

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
I just finished watching CHRISTMAS EVE ON SS and God ... I forgot how fun that show is! I smiled the entire way through ... so many memories. The show does indeed hold a personal & emotional part of my life, probably moreso than it does for many of you. And If you read my posts on SS when I first joined this forum, you know why. SS is just an awesome peice of television; hands down!:smile:
Anyway, those scenes where Cookie Monster is writing -- or attempting to write -- his letter to Santa are hilarious! Timeless muppet masterpieces...

My question for y'all: What is your favorite scene or sequence in X-MAS EVE ON SESAME STREET? Who is your favorite muppet in this special? Have a favorite human character?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Hmmm. Let me think. There were some good ones.

I thought it was funny that Ernie was worried about Bert losing his paper clips. Then he threw the one he found back on the floor.

The songs were great too. Especially "True Blue Miracle" and "Keep Christmas With You."

Also, I thought it was good seeing Mr. Hooper. This is really the only thing I remember seeing him in, since I was pretty young when he died.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Cookie Monster saga (he tries to write the letter 3 times, and eats the Typewriter, Pencil, and phone, and then eats Susan, and Gordon's tree), and Oscar falling down the stairs.

Other than that, my fave song is I hate Christmas, my fave line is Kermit saying, "One kid thinks that Santa Sneaks in with the relitives on Thanksgiving and hides in the laundry until Christmas eve." (which I can totally picture, and it cracked me the heck up!)

Lu775

Reaction score
Oh man, I love the part where cookie monster finds out that you leave santa a plate of cookies, and there's a "gong" sound effect.

Also, when Mr. Hooper comes over to Ernie and Bert's and gives them their stuff back.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

and then eats Susan, and Gordon's tree
I totally forgot about that part. That was funny, especially the expression on Susan and Gordon's faces.

I also liked when Grover was talking to that kid about how Santa comes down the chimney and he says:

He comes down with his weindeer! (Perhaps he set the example for Baby Bear years later.) I don't know what it is, but the way that kid was laughing about what he said, I just really liked that part. I think that kid has been drinking too much egg nog. Lol.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
<<Also, I thought it was good seeing Mr. Hooper. This is really the only thing I remember seeing him in, since I was pretty young when he died>>

I was only a year old when he died. Strange thing is, I remember watching new episodes of SS with Mr. Hooper in it.

Amazing how far back you can remember, huh? :stick_out_tongue:

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i like when Grover was talking to this little girl who was just "so darned cute"!!! she had little piggy-tails and a lisp.
GIRL: He puthes the button and it OPENS and he get's in and he thsteps on the big THSTEP and then he's IN!
GROVER:......(looks at camera) And there you have it!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Actually, I thought that part was kind of dumb. I mean I had no idea what that girl was talking about. Did any of you?

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2002
Actually, I thought that part was kind of dumb. I mean I had no idea what that girl was talking about. Did any of you?
for the love of pete!!! why dont you just go up to a three year old on the street and call him an idiot!!!

besides, I CAN understand what she was talking about. i understand three year olds! i connect with them!...........................well, that's obvious....................