Favorite Christmas Eve on Sesame Street Scenes

Randall Flagg

Reaction score
I LOVED Christmas Eve on Sesame Street! Nice to see a place with so many like-minded people. It's hard to pick one scene as my favorite, so I'll list a few:

1. Ernie and Bert reenacting the Gift of The Magi (sort of.)

2. "Feliz Navidad" and "True Blue Miracle." Being that I'm a New Yorker, I always felt like I was watching my own backyard when they showed them on the subways.

3. The ending-- "Keep Christmas With You." I always had to go to bed right after that, and since they always aired this show on Christmas Eve, you can imagine it was pretty exciting.

Oh, and I liked the Big Bird snored... though it was kind of pathetic watching him out there in the cold like that.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Besides the Mr. Hooper parts, I'd have to say that my favorite part of the special is way at the end with Cookie's lines as the final credits roll:

"Awwww.....ohhhhhhh......ohhhh....Scotch Pine de-lish-usss...but Douglas Fir give me heartburn...BURRRP! Oh sorry. BURRRRP! 'Scuse me! BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP! Oh , that a long one! Buurrrrrrrrp......"

That scene cracks me up every time!

Convincing John

Erine81981

Reaction score
All of those r good sence but mine r Oscar falling down the stairs, Snuffy showing on how Santa might get down the chimmy, One thing u don't see that much is The Count's Top hat he wears. I wonder what ever happend to that hat? Lost it sold it or just misplaced it. My as well is Grover and Billy Thought it was berlinet (bad spelling) Oh another thing u don't see that much Bert talking a bath. Unless he's took baths on SS before and I haven't seen it. I have it on Video watch it from time to time but one favorite years to watch is Halloween. Oops Sorry I mean Thanksgiving. Oh whats worng w/ me? *hits head against wall* Oh I remember Easter! *everyone looks away* Valentine! Saint Patric Day! I know its sometime when its cold. *walks away chanting hoildays*

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
My favorite scenes are with Oscar, cause for some reason, they used the OLD trash can set from 1970-1974 when they shot this 1978 special.

For the record,

Oscar's trash can set up has changed over the years:

1969 - his can was on a grey box next to a blue box
1970-1973 - his can was on a crate next to a purple trunk
1974-presnt - his can is on a barrel next to a large crate w/ varying amounts of garbage bags and burlap strewn about

P

Philo and Gunge

I LOVE the beginning with the ice skating, it was so cool seeing FULL BODY Sesame Street characters with the Oscar puppet. Was there a reason we never saw the humans with them. Oscar's crash is very funny when he breaks through those 2 walls.

BTW, where is that Ice Skating rink, anywho? I know it's real (except the walls, that was definatly a soundstage).

Censored

Reaction score
punkNpuppets said:
your forgiven (i mean, it's almost CHRISTMAS!!! but i'd forgive you anyway)

so...does anyone wanna talk about the scene with ernie in the barrel?

I agree that the comment sounded a bit insensitive, but I don't think it was meant to be that way. On the other hand, there are some people who might be offended by an avatar with a Communist symbol on a Sesame Street board. Let's be fair now.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
punkNpuppets said:
What was the point of that 'trick'. Was it to make Bert think that those fake legs were his dead body and when he came out of the barell that was his ghost? Was it to get Bert to smash it the wall and put christmas decorations on his yellow christmas tree head? I never understood the point of that part.
The point of the trick was to just get Bert worked up about him sitting on the side of the barrel, then showing Bert that he was only kidding.

But maybe Ernie was trying to be in the Christmas SPIRIT! :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My favorite moments from Christmas Eve on Sesame Street were:

1. The ice-skating scene with Big Bird and the little girl to the song "Feliz Navidad"

2. The whole Mr. Hooper/ :stick_out_tongue: :frown: scene.

3. Big Bird waits on the roof for Santa Clause

4. Cookie Monster eating the pencil, the type-writer, and telephone.

Much to my surprise, I expected Grover to be in this video. But at least Kermit had a major role.

Can you believe it, this is only my 6th week here, and already I have 100 posts!

Censored

Reaction score
Courage-Bagge said:
Much to my surprise, I expected Grover to be in this video. But at least Kermit had a major role.

Can you believe it, this is only my 6th week here, and already I have 100 posts!
Grover did have a very small part in this when he questioned some of the children about how Santa gets down the chimney. Kermit said he was going to "round up some of the guys" to find out the answer.

Censored

Reaction score
Courage-Bagge said:
4. Cookie Monster eating the pencil, the type-writer, and telephone.
You know, had there been more communication between Big Bird and Cookie Monster on this special, they could have worked out a good deal. Cookie could have told Big Bird Santa's phone number and Big Bird could have dialed for him to ask for cookies AND how he gets down the chimney. Now, THAT would have been cooperation. LOL