Favorite Christmas Eve on Sesame Street Scenes

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
then there was that other kid that sounded like a friggin stoner!!!
KID:...he gets his keys......
GROVER: What keys?
KID:........santa claus keys......
it was funny though....what if the asked John John. what do u suppose HE'D say???

AND THEN there was the weirdest part of the movie...at the skating rink when The Count, and Cookie Monster were pretending to be pushing Ernie around the bottomless barrel with fake legs on it (that looked Ernie's). bert starts chasing them telling them it's dangerous and then bert runs into the wall. then, ernie get's out of the barrel, showing that he wasnt really sitting there......as you can see, i explained it to myself but there still are a few things that i don't get..
What was the point of that 'trick'. Was it to make Bert think that those fake legs were his dead body and when he came out of the barell that was his ghost? Was it to get Bert to smash it the wall and put christmas decorations on his yellow christmas tree head? I never understood the point of that part.

And before the Count and Cookie start pushing it, the count says "Here comes Bert!" where WAS bert? taking a leak? tryin to "pick up some chicks" (obviousley failing)? searching the garbage can in lobby for bottlecaps? okay, that was a stupid question but something that makes you wonder.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

for the love of pete!!! why dont you just go up to a three year old on the street and call him an idiot!!!
I'm sorry. No need to get angry. I just thought that wasn't one of my favorite parts. You're right though. I should have watched what I was saying.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2002

He comes down with his weindeer! (Perhaps he set the example for Baby Bear years later.)
omg i can totally picture Baby Bear saying that!!!...........(do i sound like a girl?)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Thanks for still talking to me. I guess I didn't take into consideration that that girl was only three and didn't know what she was saying. I'm probably going to delete my origianal message. I've felt guilty about it all day. I'll try to be more careful what I say from now on.

Actually, I can't delete it. I'll have to contact the administrator. Anyway, I'm really sorry about that.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
your forgiven (i mean, it's almost CHRISTMAS!!! but i'd forgive you anyway)

so...does anyone wanna talk about the scene with ernie in the barrel?

rowlf84

Reaction score
The scene(s) where Big Bird is up on the roof waiting for Santa Claus 'cause of mean ol' oscar. The icicles forming on his beak were a touch of genius. Brings a tear to my eye thinking about the sad situation...:frown:

Gonzo

Reaction score
The Bert and Ernie gift exchange with Mr. Hooper. If you never knew Mr. Hooper, these scenes will make you wish you had, and realize what a loss it was when he passed away.

I love this show.

Quinnnnnnnnn

scarecroe

Reaction score
So many favorite parts, especially with the kids explaining how Santa gets in and out of the house. But the best one was when Grover pretended to be Santa and Billy was supposed to be sleeping. Add another ring to the Frank Oz brilliant performance stable.

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Originally posted by rowlf84
The scene(s) where Big Bird is up on the roof waiting for Santa Claus 'cause of mean ol' oscar. The icicles forming on his beak were a touch of genius. Brings a tear to my eye thinking about the sad situation...:frown:
the part where he was sleeping and you can see santa's shadow and stuff was genius to me. it still makes a chill (no pun intended) go down my spine!

dcfboss

Reaction score
I missed this on tv....is it available on DVD? If so, what is the name of it? Thanks!!!!