1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Favorite Electric Mayhem songs?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by cjd874, Nov 30, 2012.

1. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Joe did Muppet Show songs? Which ones? I remember Zoots' line but didn't get the joke. What is the Rembrandt exhibit? And is The National Gallery like an art gallery? I think I might know what the gag is but I'm not 100% sure.
    MuppetLuver2000 likes this.
  2. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I know that Joe composed the "At the Dance" theme music. He might have done a few one-shot songs, too, but I think he mostly did SS songs. But he did compose all the songs in The Great Muppet Caper, including "The First Time It Happens," "Happiness Hotel", "Couldn't We Ride," "Night Life," and "Hey, A Movie!"

Rembrandt was a famous European artist, and I think the National Gallery is an art gallery. So it is ironic that a guy like Animal would want to see an art exhibit. :)
    But what matters is that the Electric Mayhem kick butt in that musical interlude.
  3. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

Plus Animal is a huge fan of Bambi as well as small bunny rabbits. lol
  4. Zoot Fan 1981

Zoot Fan 1981 Active Member

I have a bunch on songs I like. I especially enjoy listening to Zoot and Rowlf play together as they do in this clip:
  5. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

And this one is especially lovely, complete with Rowlf weeping at the end.
    Zoot Fan 1981 likes this.
  6. Zoot Fan 1981

Yeah. That's a good one too. I found a lot of At the Dance clips on youtube that I enjoy. I even put them all together in a playlist.
  7. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Decided to repost this from the "Favorite Zoot moment" thread:
    I just came across these as well:
    Anne Murray sings and the EM (sans Animal) back her up.

and I REALLY LOVE Zoot's gritty sax solo in the Chopin number.
    :D: All right! Honk it! Honk it! (I think that's what Dr. Teeth says to Zoot.)

*P.S. The Chopin cover is sheer GENIUS. Love the '70s synthesizers, funky guitar, and the aformentioned sax solo. And Sam's reaction at the end is priceless.
    :halo:: CHOPIN!!! CHOPIN!!! XD
  8. Zoot Fan 1981

That's one of my favorites! I've come across of a lot of them lately while searching youtube. I'll post them later :cool:
  9. Zoot Fan 1981

10. Zoot Fan 1981

I love this one. Made alot of muppet stuff into ringtones :cool: Check out Zoot_Rowlf on pisamba.com if you want to download them onto your phone.
  11. Zoot Fan 1981

Zoot looks so bored in this one lol
  12. Zoot Fan 1981

Another on I enjoy.
  13. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Not as bored as Janice & Dr. Teeth. LOL
    Zoot Fan 1981 likes this.
  14. Zoot Fan 1981

I wouldn't blame them. I would be bored playing that song that way too.
  15. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would be the first to send it back to the minors. :D;)
  16. Zoot Fan 1981

lol you and me both! :cool:
  17. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

I can't not got up and dance when I hear "Can You Picture That," my fav Electric Mayhem song. I also liked their cover of "Have A Little Help From My Friends;" aside from being a good cover overall, I liked the execution, with the rest of the band rescuing Janice from a ritual sacrifice.
  18. Janice+Floyd<3

Janice+Floyd<3 Active Member

Sonny,fifty ways to lead your lover,tenderly and can you picture that
  19. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I would go with "Act Naturally." I love that song!
  20. Dr TeethFan

Dr TeethFan Active Member

Can you picture that