1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Favorite Jerry Nelson Character

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Hubert, Aug 24, 2012.

?

Who is your favorite Jerry Nelson character?

Floyd 18 vote(s) 31.6%
Robin 6 vote(s) 10.5%
Crazy Harry 2 vote(s) 3.5%
Lew Zealand 4 vote(s) 7.0%
Camilla 2 vote(s) 3.5%
Pops 0 vote(s) 0.0%
The Count 9 vote(s) 15.8%
The Amazing Mumford 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Mr. Johnson 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Sherlock Hemlock 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Gobo 9 vote(s) 15.8%
Trash Heap 3 vote(s) 5.3%
Pa Gorg 0 vote(s) 0.0%
His announcing voice 1 vote(s) 1.8%
Other 3 vote(s) 5.3%

1. Tomservo95 Member

Lew Zealand is just awesome. He and Gonzo really represent the craziness of the muppets in my opinion.
    Yorick likes this.
  2. Walter Active Member

Uncle Deadly. He's the reason I am here right now. Without him, I would have never discovered The Muppet Show.
  3. catherine Active Member

i liked it when he did camilla, that was when i knew gonzo had a girlfriend, that was his own.
  4. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Floyd and Uncle Deadly. Though, if you couldn't figure out I'm a Floyd fangirl I feel very sorry for you
    MrsPepper likes this.
  5. catherine Active Member

i worked it out ages ago
  6. Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Sorry. I wasn't meaning you personally if thats what you thought :o
  7. Zeliboba Member

Love them all, but I always had a soft spot for Robin. Love the Muppet Show episode with Bernadette Peters with him singing "Just One Person". That song has been playing back in my mind since I've heard the news about Jerry Nelson's passing... (((((((((((((((((
  8. TheWeirdoGirl Active Member

Definetely Robin. Floyd and his announcer voice right after that.
  9. Mark Johns Member

This is a huge loss for the entire world, not just The Muppet universe. What a sad day. I voted for The Count, but to be honest I equally love Floyd, Lew, Harry, Robin, Gobo and I thought he did Statler or Waldorf. I cant remember which. I never had a chance to meet the man, but all the stories I have read today and in the past, make me believe he was an amazing man, as seems to be the case with anyone related to the Hensons. Maybe not by blood, but they are all family. Jerry Nelson, we love you and will miss you greatly. Say hi to Jim for all of us.
    Yorick likes this.
  10. heralde Well-Known Member

I'm going to go with Robin because one of my earliest childhood memories in general (not just Muppets) was "They call me Sir Robin the Brave, and history one day will rave..." :)
    Yorick and Vincent Liu like this.
  11. Bliffenstimmers Active Member

Tough choice. Lately my favorite Jerry character has been The Trash Heap, but all of his characters were wonderful. Even little one-shots or Anything People. :')
    It's sad that he passed away, but he lived a great life. One to remember through and through.
  12. HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

Robin and Gobo... I'd probably rank Gobo second, though, for the reason that I've "known" Robin since I was a child but I've only gotten into Fraggle Rock within the last year. (It really is hard to choose a favorite, I must add!)
  13. CherryPizza Member

Thinking about it now, Herry (who isn't listed as an option) seems to epitomise so many of Jerry's characters: Bold and potentially-intimidating, but always displaying a sweetness, a weakness, a vulnerability that makes the character endure.
  14. Hubert Well-Known Member

Sorry guys, for some reason there's just so many characters he performed, some (like Herry and Uncle Deadly) had just slipped my mind at the moment. :oops:
  15. SSLFan Well-Known Member

I'd go with The Count since it was the first character of Mr. Nelson's I was introduced to as a child. Though I have gotta admit...WOW, looking at this list...and not counting other characters he did (Herry Monster, anyone), Mr. Nelson had a wide and diverse range of characters. Quite impressive.
  16. Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I said Gobo because I was more into The Fraggles as a kid then The Muppets.
  17. muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

floyd and uncle deadly
  18. AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Oh, drat! I love all of them!
    FrackleFan2012 and Vincent Liu like this.
  19. Animal'sBunny Active Member

First of all, hi, I'm new! Second of all, when I was little the Count was one of my favourite parts of Sesame Street. Robin's adorable and Floyd's AWESOME! So, probably the three of them.
  20. Animal'sBunny Active Member

*face palm* THOG THOG THOG THOG THOG! I totally forgot about Thog! I love that guy.
    MrsPepper and Hubert like this.