Favorite Movie on MST3K

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Was that you tomato? Aw, what's the matter asparagus? Oh, it feels so naked without its hollandaise.

Castle of Fu Man Chu may have been the worst or one of the two worst movies as agreed on by Joel and the bots during the credits of another film... But the worst movie hands down for us viewers has to be "Deep Hurting!", erm The Lost Continent where they spend half an hour just climbing a freeging mountain. Ungh, never will I watch that steaming pile again.
Joel: Robin, make sure the bat-ropes are tied tightly.
I can't take it anymore! *Jumps off tied to the rope back out of the theater.
Well... At least there's no giant spider web out here.
*Uses hollandaise and ketchup to marinate some fried spider legs.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Huh? Was that you tomato? Aw, what's the matter asparagus? Oh, it feels so naked without its hollandaise.

Castle of Fu Man Chu may have been the worst or one of the two worst movies as agreed on by Joel and the bots during the credits of another film... But the worst movie hands down for us viewers has to be "Deep Hurting!", erm The Lost Continent where they spend half an hour just climbing a freeging mountain. Ungh, never will I watch that steaming pile again.
Joel: Robin, make sure the bat-ropes are tied tightly.
I can't take it anymore! *Jumps off tied to the rope back out of the theater.
Well... At least there's no giant spider web out here.
*Uses hollandaise and ketchup to marinate some fried spider legs.
Yeah, The Castle of Fu Manchu is a dreadful movie, directed by the infamous Jess Franco. I think Christopher Lee starred in five Fu movies between 1965-1969. Franco directed the last two, and they are easily the worst in the series. Even the MST3K guys can't do much with it. To me, this is actually one of the very few slow episodes of the entire series. Although there is that one funny scene, early in the film, when Fu's men break into some rich old guy's home, and the old guy, in a nightgown, goes running down the hall with his arms flailing, only to meet the wrath of Fu.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
You know... The only thing I remember about Fu Man Chu is one of the host segments, where Joel and the bots are playing flying carpet airport/traffic controllers.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
You know... The only thing I remember about Fu Man Chu is one of the host segments, where Joel and the bots are playing flying carpet airport/traffic controllers.
The show opens with an energetic, marching band number, sung by Joel and the 'Bots, complete with confetti and streamers.

I agree, Count, the Shriner flying carpet sketch is probably the most memorable thing about this ep.

Another host segment has Joel trying to comfort the shaken 'Bots by telling them the story of Fu Manchu, but eventually he can't go on, as even he's been beaten by the awfulness of the film.

At the end, Dr. F and Frank have apparently won, and think they have found THE movie to fulfill their dastardly plan...they're so cocky, they attempt to riff on the film themselves, and fail miserably.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Thought Dr. Airhart was in that episode. Maybe you're thinking of the episode with the "L-E-M-U-R" song and the agony booth?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Huh? Thought Dr. Airhart was in that episode. Maybe you're thinking of the episode with the "L-E-M-U-R" song and the agony booth?
Nope. Fu Manchu was a third-season episode. In fact, it aired an episode or two after Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Funny, when I saw it the one time it aired, Frank wasn't in any of the host segments. It was this skinny nerdlike kid with black hair, black glasses, and black clothes. Which is why I've always thought of Fu Man Chu as a Season 1 episode. Oh well...

BTW: From Santa vs. The Martians...
Tom: I saw mommy killing Santa Claus last night underneath the murder!
Tom, during the Santa Claus song at the end...: He'll die on reentry. He'll burn up in the atmosphere...
And of course, the kids singing get a rip from Joel, cause they're spelling "S-A-N-T-A" when singing "Santy" Claus instead.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Hmmm... Funny, when I saw it the one time it aired, Frank wasn't in any of the host segments. It was this skinny nerdlike kid with black hair, black glasses, and black clothes. Which is why I've always thought of Fu Man Chu as a Season 1 episode. Oh well...
The Mads actually appear in every host segment of Fu Manchu, gloating and toasting their success with the experiment. It's definitely Frank, though.

On the other hand we must give props to Josh Weinstein, a.k.a. season 1's Dr. Earhardt. He's the one who discovered a little-known talent named Michael J. Nelson, and brought him onto the show.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I found this on the MST3K wiki site:

On October 29, 2007, Jim Mallon announced through the official MST3K website that Best Brains, Inc. was being reborn. To spearhead the production company's return to activity, a new online animated web series referred to as "The Bots Are Back" is being produced. The idea is to release a weekly adventure based soley around Crow, Tom Servo and Gypsy, with Mallon reprising his role as Gypsy and Paul Chaplin as Crow.

All new actors and staff will round out the cast and writing crew. Never before seen behind the scenes footage will also be released through the MST3K.com site from the original series, in addition to an online store with all new merchandise. The launch date is set for November 5, 2007.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
The Pants Song

Crow: Joel, I hate movies where the men wear shorter skirts than the women.

Tom: Don't ya know it? I can just imagine a common scene from the days of ancient Greece: "Oh, hi, Hercules, have a seat. Noooo! Aaaaaaaah!"

Tom (sings) Pants!

Crow: Pants!

Tom & Crow: Sing the praises of pants!

Joel:
Nothing better shows my taste
Than what I wear below my waist!

Tom: Say Pants! Hoo-hoo! Pants!

Tom & Crow: Sing the praises of pants!

Tom:
They help me suck in my gut,
They always cover up my butt,
Pants!

Crow: Pants!

All: Sing the praises of pants!

Crow:
Wear them and you're a cool guy,
As long as you zip up your fly!

Tom: Zip!

Tom & Crow: Pants!

All: Sing the praises of pants!

Joel: That's right, ladies and gentlemen. Consider the pant. You know, the Pant Association urges you to wear your pants at least three times a day.

Crow: The great men of our time have all worn pants. Roosevelt, Churchill, de Gaulle, Gandhi...well, almost all of them...

Tom: Dolphins. One of the smartest mammals on earth. Do they wear pants? No, but they wish they did. That's how smart they are!

Joel: What keeps our legs all warm and hot?

Tom & Crow: Pants!

Tom: What do they got that I ain't got?

Joel: Pants!

All: Pants!