Favorite Movie on MST3K

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
This was the thread that inspired me to join MC, almost a year ago.:eek:

HIKEEBA!

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
My favorite MST episodes were probably the ones with the very bizarre foreign fantasy films (Jack Frost, The Magic Voyage of Sinbad, Santa Claus, Time of the Apes). I also always loved when shorts were shown, especially those cheesy 1950's educational films. I haven't seen every episode, but out of the ones I have seen, if I had to choose a least favorite I would probably go with The Beast of Yucca Flats. Even with Mike and the bots riffing, I have trouble getting through the film. Haven't seen very many episodes from season 1 or many of the rare episodes from the KTMA era, but of the few I have seen, they seem very slow-moving. It's obvious that at the time, Joel and co. were still figuring out just how many jokes they could fit in one minute.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Oooh...so this is for best movies? Not best episodes? Hmmmm.

I think "Ring of Terror" was actually a decent flick, if campy. And the Godzilla, Gamera, and Ultraman stuff is hilarious on its own, and that mirth factor only goes up with commentary.

I'm with Mo on "Yucca." Gawd, anything featuring Coleman Francis (and they did a few of 'em) is hard to sit through no matter what! But hey...don't we have to salute Bert I Gordon and Film Ventures International for bringing us some of the best cannon fodder EVER? You guys ROCK -- in a, your movies suck so badly they're a treat to watch, kind of way...
----------------

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
The one BIG film I cherish is Fire Maidens from Outer Space, if for no other reason than...

Dark Crow!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
TIMMY! GET AWAY FROM HIM YOU B--H! lolololol

The drum suit as Ripley's power loader/alien smusher was genius. But gawd what a horrible movie otherwise!

Now I have a hankerin' to go home and watch "Attack of the Giant Leeches"...have been singing "Danger to Ourselves & Others" all morning. Hm. After the Olympic ceremony, maybe...
----------------