Favorite Sesame human of all time

SesameStreetGuy

Reaction score
Hmmmm, Hard to pick, as a kid Maria was my favorite, had my first crush on her.

Today its pretty much Gabi. :wink:

Xerus

Reaction score
David was one of my favorites. He was really cool and funny.

And I liked Ruthie a lot too. She was the adult who sometimes acted like a kid. Like getting Gordon to do a duck dance in exchange for a fair price on a hat.

I bet Ruthie would've believed Big Bird about Snuffy if she were around back then.

Ziffel

Reaction score
It's really hard to pick one. I found every single SS adult to be very likable. If I had to select one I guess it would be Gordon. He exhibited a certain blend of maturity, kindness, and intelligence that made me feel good as a child. Kind of like he was a good tv father figure in a way.

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
I'd have to say Gordon because Roscoe Orman is a great actor (and SS is the only show on which I've seen him act) and he has a wonderful singing voice....he can harmonize very well!

~Dana~

BEAR

Reaction score
Gordon and Susan WERE the parental figures on the show to the Muppets childlike characters, while Maria (as a teenager in the 70s) was like the big sister figure that was sorta passed on to Gina later on. I think that Roscoe Orman truly created the character of Gordon. He seemed to be the ideal father. Smart, gentle, but really tough at the same time. Someone wrote a post referring to Bob and Susan being on the show since the very beginning... isn't it amazing how Bob was in his 30s when the show first aired and he is still there now in his 70s!? Wow! Keep it up, Bob!

You're right, all the humans were very likeable and quite diverse. It is no doubt that Mr. Hooper will always hold a special place with all of us. I especially feel priveledged that I got to know him a little bit, as he passed away not long after I was born in 1981. I also have a soft spot for Olivia. i feel she has been forgotten. I loved her hip personality and her beautiful singing voice. To this day, "One Little Star" from Follow That Bird is one of my favs. She was a perfect choice to sing that. DO WE EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HER OR HOW AND WHY SHE LEFT THE STREET? Anyway... I also adore the originals like Susan and Bob, and Maria. Luis sometimes gets on my nerves these days I don't know why so don't ask.

Censored

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Gordon and Susan WERE the parental figures on the show to the Muppets childlike characters, while Maria (as a teenager in the 70s) was like the big sister figure that was sorta passed on to Gina later on. I think that Roscoe Orman truly created the character of Gordon. He seemed to be the ideal father. Smart, gentle, but really tough at the same time. Someone wrote a post referring to Bob and Susan being on the show since the very beginning... isn't it amazing how Bob was in his 30s when the show first aired and he is still there now in his 70s!? Wow! Keep it up, Bob!

You're right, all the humans were very likeable and quite diverse. It is no doubt that Mr. Hooper will always hold a special place with all of us. I especially feel priveledged that I got to know him a little bit, as he passed away not long after I was born in 1981. I also have a soft spot for Olivia. i feel she has been forgotten. I loved her hip personality and her beautiful singing voice. To this day, "One Little Star" from Follow That Bird is one of my favs. She was a perfect choice to sing that. DO WE EVEN KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO HER OR HOW AND WHY SHE LEFT THE STREET? Anyway... I also adore the originals like Susan and Bob, and Maria. Luis sometimes gets on my nerves these days I don't know why so don't ask.

While I agree that Roscoe Orman is an excellent Gordon and the one that is known by generations today, I can attest to the fact that Matt Robinson also did a superb performance as Gordon and many people who grew up in the 70's still think of him as the definitive Gordon.

Not to take anything away from Hal Miller (second Gordon) either, but he just didn't stay on the show long enough to develop his version of the character.

BEAR

Reaction score
Actually, I think we are both right and we are both wrong. She moved to Sesame Street in 1974, making her about 24 years old at the time. So, you are right to say she was not technically a "teen" but many sources still refer to her as one. Nonetheless, she was still a kid, and we basically saw her grow up on the show.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
nope. it was 1971. i along with some other saw the SS reruns from the 1st 20 years and there was a TV special about this. she was interviewed and she said she came on 3rd year. the 1998 SSU book also says 1974 but i'm sure they goofed.

SCOOTER_101

Reaction score
Although Technically Sonia Manzano was 21 when she first appeared on the show in 1971. The charachter of Maria was most likely supposed to be a teenager. Charachters on TV are often younger than the person who plays them is in real life. For example the actor and actress who play Miles and Gabi are both currently about 20 years old yet the their charachters are still teenagers on the show and still in High School.