Fellow Church People

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
I'm Nazarene myself. I guess thats....what is it? I forgot. XD My church does a LOT of singing, and I saved the Children's Night once.

We were going to watch some movie, I believe it was Finding Nemo, but the DVD preacher had gotten didn't work in the player. And I had just happened to rent "The Muppet Movie" eariler that day, so I went out to the car, and the kids watched it.

Then Preacher actually was able to use The Muppet Movie to preach a small sermon on it! ..I forgot the fine details, as this was about 3 years ago, but I believe he equated Kermit and Fozzie's trip to Hollywood and them trying to evade Doc Hopper, like our keeping Satan out of our lives, and his hurtful ways. And that their trip to Hollywood was similar to our trip to finding Jesus in our hearts, and keeping him there. It's a hard battle, but when we find it, we find our "fame and fortune contract", we have Jesus's neverending love in our hearts, and the holy ghost in our souls.

I thought that was extremely well done. He chided me because I believe (if I remember right) there were a few cuss words in the movie, but he was happy I had a good movie with me. :smile:

Xerus

Reaction score
I am a Christian Presbyterian and my Dad introduced us to Father God and Lord Jesus when I was a little kid.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
I try to read a bit of the bible every day and to live by its principles
Excellent, Martin. After all, bible stands for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Excellent, Martin. After all, bible stands for Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth. :wink:
I never heard of that before Ziffel. But it is a perfect interpretation of the Bible's meaning indeed:smile:

Sunrise

Reaction score
Cool thread, Bubble Guy!

I am another non-denominational Christian - something of a fundamentalist, I guess. I've been Catholic, Methodist, and Presbyterian (my parents moved a lot, lol), but I prefer "Christian" to denominational labels. I don't think there's a one single denom that's got it all 100% figured out, but as long as we're looking to the Word of God as our guide, His spirit will lead us to Him in the end. Meanwhile we each can find our calling in the place most meaningful to us (so long as it is consistent with the gospel).

Much love! :smile:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Hello Sunrise. I was just thinking about how there are some people in all churches who don't openly lead hypocritical lives but deep down they're not really sincere in their faith. Sadly they will find themselves under God's judgement for their sins one day for God knows what is in their hearts:cry:
Some really sobering words I've heard once are:
Pretending to be a Christian is a luxury you can't afford.
Maybe you can trick the other people in the church but you never can trick the Lord.
Reminds me of something I always used to say:
It is one thing to call yourself a Catholic Christian or a Presbyterian Christian but it is another thing to say you are a Christian Catholic.:wink:

Sunrise

Reaction score
Well said.

"Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
This might be a little late, but, I go to a Baptist church

Ziffel

Reaction score
Oh not at all, Muppet Matt. This is a subject that certainly can't ever get outdated. :smile:
This is a particularly special time of year for those of the Christian faith. I took a personal day for next Friday (Good Friday) and am looking forward to a special Thursday evening service next week at my church (with communion included in remembering that amazing event almost 2000 years ago).