Fic: Muppets from Earth

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Thanks, glad someone read the outtakes! There was actually one more - someone slipped Meet the Feebles into the Jurassic Park DVD case - but somehow the footage got lost. That's probably for the best, though. :stick_out_tongue:

My next fic? You mean Monsters from The Past? Oop, you didn't see that. I did not mention that here. This is not the reply you're looking for, move along. :wink:
haha, ok then......Moving Right Alongt then.....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:smile:: In search of good times and good news.
With good friends you can't lose.
:embarrassed:: This could become a habit...

Oh come on... You set me up for that Ari! :stick_out_tongue:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Oh jeez. That song was my earworm earlier this week. Now I'm going to have to listen to my Cabaret soundtrack to get rid of it again!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, you think you can escape us so easily?
*Sends Kim another MUP3. Hee hee hee.

Slackbot

Reaction score
*laughs* Thanks! I'm a longtime fan of Cabaret, as you may have guessed from the screaming-at-the-trains scene after the bar scene. In fact, in the original draft, Gonzo was to sing Married from the stage show to Camilla to propose to her. (Gonzo argued against that, saying it that would be way too corny and stagey. We tried to film it anyway, and he sang DarnIt Janet instead, so we finally gave in. Artists, hmph!)

(The bit about the original plan for the scene is true.)

Considering the nature of the show in Cabaret, I always found it amusingly creepy to hear that song on TMS. When Joel Grey played The Wizard of Oz in Wicked, however, he came across perfectly, even though I kept hearing the Cabaret Emcee. When he sang Wonderful I flashed back to Grey singing Razzle Dazzle on TMS.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Just finished the last chapter. I'm not always that big on fan fiction but there are some well-done exceptions and this was definately one of them that i loved. Did have to comment on this one part - you may have said at the beginning when the story took place but i didn't remember so i was thinking somewhere in the early 00's as opposed to 2010 so when i read:

The Ubergonzo laughed. Gonzo and Camilla looked at him, startled. He said, "Gonzo, you survived and thrived after being marooned when you were still damp from your egg. You made a name for yourself as this world's most recognizable stuntman. You won recognition for Camilla and others of her kind as equals to the dominant race. You called us back to our long-lost home world and singlehandedly proved our kinship with the life here! What are you going to do for an encore?"
I thought to myself, "I'm going to be bought by Disneyland!"

Slackbot

Reaction score
Just finished the last chapter. I'm not always that big on fan fiction but there are some well-done exceptions and this was definately one of them that i loved.
Thank you, I'm glad that you enjoyed it! It was a blast to write.
Did have to comment on this one part - you may have said at the beginning when the story took place but i didn't remember so i was thinking somewhere in the early 00's as opposed to 2010
It takes place very soon after Muppets from Space.It begins less than a month later. As to when that is, well, I don't work too hard at pinning the Muppets to a timeline. If I did, then many of the characters would be getting on in years. Muppet time, like Muppet genetics, is squishy.
I thought to myself, "I'm going to be bought by Disneyland!"
*chuckle* In this timeline the Muppets aren't affiliated with Disney. They've been hanging together for a long time, occasionally making stabs at a comeback, only now getting back to their roots. I imagine if G&C were to celebrate at Disney, they would spend some quality time in the ductwork, and maybe go back to Laundryland for a pass through the steam press.

Lil0Vampy, I didn't see your earlier post until just now. No, the good Doctor's name is not Nigel. It's... fairly unremarkable. Which is why he changed it; it didn't have the "sparkle" that his image required.

Rowlf isn't nosy, but I can see him getting online, searching around, and actually finding a reference to his colleague's pre-rock career. There wouldn't be much info, but if there was a picture he'd recognize him. And then, knowing Rowlf, he'd just nod to himself, close the browser, and say nothing about it.

I suspect that Dr. Teeth is a Woggle-Bug.

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
Oh. My....*falls over* XDD Not at all what I was excpecting! You mentioned he shared a name with 2 Muppets, so I was all 'Nigel? Maybe he thought it was too square.' But this is SO much better.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Hmm? I didn't state his name. Woggle-Bug is an Oz reference. There was a character named Professor Woggle-Bug. He was basically a huge beetle with a humanoid face and tentacle-like limbs. And Dr. Teeth always looked kind of like a bug to me...

Oh, and "fairly unremarkable" is a description, not a proper noun. :wink:

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
At one point way back, you mentioned he shared a name with two Muppets (might be mistaken on that part :stick_out_tongue:), and you'd get smacked with a fish by hardcore fans. XD

*slaps with a fish*