Fic: Muppets from Earth

Slackbot

Reaction score
Yes, he does share a name with at least two Muppets, and at least one of those also has a musical shtick. However, I believe I said that if his name was revealed, fish-slapping would follow. So I'm rubber, you're glue, and that fish is a boomerang!

Lil0Vampy

Reaction score
DD: *is hit in the head with the fish-it sticks* XP Curses, being glue is never fun. Now Lew's gonna want Nancy back.

Puckrox

Reaction score
How did Puckrox spend the majority of her day today? Simple. Reading this fanfiction. H'oh boy! What a fanfic! I think this has been my favorite thus far of all your fanfics, Kim! It was so well written, and you captured the emotions and characteristics of all our furry friends SO well! I wish I had read it before "Masks". Ah well. And because I've finally started watching TMS I've caught on to a lot of your TMS jokes. Huzzah!

I really liked how you portrayed the kinship of Rowlf and Gonzo. And Rowlf and Dr. Teeth's bet was great! That might've been my favorite subplot of the entire story. I'm disappointed we never got to learn Dr. Teeth's real name! I guess we'll never know. AND SKEETER WAS THERE! YAY!

My favorite line of the entire thing was stated in chapter one:"Oh, nothing." Gonzo had suspected that the request for 'a party with lots of hot space womens, okay' spelled out fifteen inches above the floor had not been a long-distance message. Oh Pepe. XD

Know who I think I liked the most though? Sam. Sam was hilarious! (He replied, "I speak only the official language of this nation. American.") Every line he said I had absolutely no problem envisioning the actual Sam saying. He's just so gosh darn serious. Love it.

Masochism Tango! Love that song!

My only real "complaint", and it's not even really a complaint, is that I was sad there wasn't more Rizzo. Rizzo and Gonzo's friendship has really been engraved into the Muppet canon in the past few films, and since this was such a heavily Gonzo-centric fic I was hoping for a little bit more bonding time between the two. But ah well. They still managed to have a moment or two, which made me happy each time.

Also. Your fanficiton has made me realize something. Something terribly important. When the day comes and I someday get married, I want to say my wedding vows in some non-understandable language, and then, over an intercom, I want Sam's voice to translate everything I say in his deadpan way. (This was my absolute favorite part of the story. I was all, "Oh, Gonzo will translate for her!" But when Sam translated I cracked up. So awesome!)

Okay, shutting up now. Great fic! Now I'm on to read your two other Fraggle fics!

Slackbot

Reaction score
Wow, thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed reading this! It was a lot of fun to write, although I was nervous at times because I thought that the central premise might be considered objectionable by the forum members. But every time I think that about a fic I've been proven wrong. So far--the jury's still out on "Commonplace Miracles". :wink:

I'm a little disappointed that I never got to reveal Dr. Teeth's name too. It would've been funny to see the reactions. Ah well, I've put it aside for a possible future fic.

Sam was a bit difficult to write at first because I had a hard time getting into his head. Most characters "come to life" for me after I work with them a little, but Sam took longer than most. I finally decided that Sam really isn't a complete jerk. He has a firm idea of what right and wrong are and clings to them in a chaotic world. Okay, he's lost sight of the big picture in favor of the details--call it moral myopia. Why does he stick with the Muppets? Because, although they're the weirdest of the weirdos, they still accept him for what he is and don't try to shut him up!

(I can imagine Sam and Boober meeting, and Boober being the one to tell Sam to lighten the heck up.)

Thanks for the review! It's always great to hear that I haven't completely wasted the reader's time. I hope you enjoy my other stories too. :smile:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I finally decided that Sam really isn't a complete jerk. He has a firm idea of what right and wrong are and clings to them in a chaotic world. Okay, he's lost sight of the big picture in favor of the details--call it moral myopia. Why does he stick with the Muppets? Because, although they're the weirdest of the weirdos, they still accept him for what he is and don't try to shut him up!
I can definitely see that. I've never thought Sam was a jerk, he just has certain morals that are very important to him. Anyway, you did a very good job writing for him. :smile: