FIGURE IT OUT: Revival of '90s Nickelodeon Game Show Premieres 6/11

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I doubt it, but there are probably giant stacks of them gaining dust in the back of many Toys R Us locations around the country.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I don't even live near any Toys R Us. I didn't realize they were still around. I always thought their security was a bit ridiculous. At least at the one that I used to live near. There were like, three sets of alarms you had to walk through. Not to mention the alarm in the video games section that would go off even if you already paid for the game

Hubert

Reaction score
I guess all TRUs aren't that security savvy, mine barely has any whatsoever. It's interesting though that you didn't even know they still existed...there's always rumors going around my area that it is going to close down, but years later and it still hasn't...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hm...now what sort of dumb talent do I have that could get me on Figure it Out? I can wiggle my ears, I have an uncanny ability to win prizes out of claw machines, I can remember where information in a book is located based on pictures (too bad I can't remember the information for tests :stick_out_tongue:)...I won a D.A.R.E. essay contest

I could pass as a 7th grader. You won't believe how many times I have been stopped when doing student teaching because the staff think I'm a student. Screw the age limit of being 15 :stick_out_tongue:

Hubert

Reaction score
Hm...now what sort of dumb talent do I have that could get me on Figure it Out? I can wiggle my ears, I have an uncanny ability to win prizes out of claw machines, I can remember where information in a book is located based on pictures (too bad I can't remember the information for tests :stick_out_tongue:)...I won a D.A.R.E. essay contest

I could pass as a 7th grader. You won't believe how many times I have been stopped when doing student teaching because the staff think I'm a student. Screw the age limit of being 15 :stick_out_tongue:
So you can win claw machine prizes...I have a funny story about that: For a while I had always dismissed them as impossible to win, and never had really tried one. Then I saw that Spongebob claw machine episode and thought I'd give his technique a try. So I did it with my eyes closed and won a blue monkey. I later did it again a second time with my eyes closed and one two little Nascar pillows in a bag. I also won a Donald Duck soon after, but I forget if that was with my eyes closed or open...funny thing is, I have never won anything since then...

And while we're on the subject of ages...I also look a lot younger than I am. When I was 13, a woman at a yard sale wanted to give me a coloring/activity book...and going to restaurants when I was that age didn't go well either...they always gave me a kids meal when I wanted an adult one...

But anyway, I have been wondering if I have any weird talents that could be on that show...maybe for my skill of bouncing balloons for a large number of consecutive times...or maybe I could just be on for Muppet trivia skills...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't even live near any Toys R Us. I didn't realize they were still around. I always thought their security was a bit ridiculous. At least at the one that I used to live near. There were like, three sets of alarms you had to walk through. Not to mention the alarm in the video games section that would go off even if you already paid for the game
The worst part is, when there were a bunch near me, they never had anything. Now that I can't get there quite often, they have a LOT of stuff.

Completely overpriced stuff, but a LOT of stuff.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
So you can win claw machine prizes...I have a funny story about that: For a while I had always dismissed them as impossible to win, and never had really tried one. Then I saw that Spongebob claw machine episode and thought I'd give his technique a try. So I did it with my eyes closed and won a blue monkey. I later did it again a second time with my eyes closed and one two little Nascar pillows in a bag. I also won a Donald Duck soon after, but I forget if that was with my eyes closed or open...funny thing is, I have never won anything since then...
I cleared out a machine in Atlantic City once. I mean, they actually had to refill the machine after I was done with it. I came home with like, three trashbags of stuffed animals.

And while we're on the subject of ages...I also look a lot younger than I am. When I was 13, a woman at a yard sale wanted to give me a coloring/activity book...and going to restaurants when I was that age didn't go well either...they always gave me a kids meal when I wanted an adult one...
I recently went to an aquarium with my grandmother and uncle and they charged me as a child. They also charged my uncle as a senior. He wasn't happy about that XD I always have to bring my id places in case they they don't believe I'm actually 20. Oddly, I've only been carded once going to see an R rated movie. It was The Final Destination. Even though I had already been to the same movie theater and not questioned to see Zomebieland and The Hangover :smirk: