FINALLY a Complete Series Set I DON'T Oppose!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Munsters-The-Complete-Series/10369

Now see what I mean? The Munsters was a great show, but sadly it didn't last long... only two seasons at that. THAT'S what these DVD companies should be doing with complete series sets! Save them for shows that didn't last very long in the first place (one or two seasons at best) instead of ripping consumers off by releasing individual season sets of LONG running TV shows (The Andy Griffith Show, M*A*S*H, Hogan's Heroes, Seinfeld, Home Improvement, Sanford and Son, etc) only to end up re-releasing them all in a great big "complete series"!

I never was able to get my hands on either season of The Munsters, but I would be more than happy to have THIS complete series set to add to my library!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I quess they'll be doing the same for when Muppet's Tonight comes out.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
instead of ripping consumers off by releasing individual season sets of LONG running TV shows (The Andy Griffith Show, M*A*S*H, Hogan's Heroes, Seinfeld, Home Improvement, Sanford and Son, etc) only to end up re-releasing them all in a great big "complete series"!
That isn't ripping people off. There are some people who only want a particular season or episodes, and there are some fan of series who want the whole episode. It's like the record industry with singles and albums. And now with online music stops you can just get the song you life or the whol album. The same goes for TV shows that you can get the episode you like off Itunes or you can get the whole season.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
There are some people who only want a particular season or episodes
Then they should buy the single season DVD sets and single-disk DVDs, whereas the completists should opt for the complete series sets.

Redsonga

Reaction score

Now see what I mean? The Munsters was a great show, but sadly it didn't last long... only two seasons at that. THAT'S what these DVD companies should be doing with complete series sets! Save them for shows that didn't last very long in the first place (one or two seasons at best) instead of ripping consumers off by releasing individual season sets of LONG running TV shows (The Andy Griffith Show, M*A*S*H, Hogan's Heroes, Seinfeld, Home Improvement, Sanford and Son, etc) only to end up re-releasing them all in a great big "complete series"!

I never was able to get my hands on either season of The Munsters, but I would be more than happy to have THIS complete series set to add to my library!
I wish they had lasted longer, they were funnier that many of the other shows that went on for years IMHO :cry:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wish they had lasted longer, they were funnier that many of the other shows that went on for years IMHO :cry:
I agree... as a matter of fact, from what I understand, that show DID have potential to last longer, but apparently Batman (in color) smoked them in the ratings.

muppet baby

Reaction score

i am so with you about the munsters i watched this show all time as a kid when it was on TBS every saterday while i was in school fell in love with it My dad was the one who had told me about it then .

I was going to get the season sets when they came out but then i decied i would wait until all 4 seasons where released (this was over the last two years that noticed that the sets where out . ) Then i looked on the net www.imdb.com to be exact then i found out that the show only lasted 2 years then i saw that both sets where out , Glad that waited for this complete series it loooks so cool , and it is from what i see cheaper than buying both of the season sets at the same time ! The box is so cute to began with i can not wait unti October to buy this ! I have waited so long for this is one of best shows on earth love love love it love it .

wwfpooh

Reaction score
but apparently Batman (in color) smoked them in the ratings.
You mean the 'Adam West-and-Burt Ward-with-Robin-saying-"Holy [insert verb] here Batman"-every-few-times-and-wearing-creepy-man-undies' Batman? XD