FINALLY a Complete Series Set I DON'T Oppose!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I mean, it was bad enough that his name was Dick (and it still is),
Err... not really. There are different Robins, Dick Grayson was only the first in line and the most popular. Dick would later go on to become Nightwing, leaving another Robin to take his place. Of course, I'm just going by Batman TAS... and there have been others.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Err... not really. There are different Robins, Dick Grayson was only the first in line and the most popular. Dick would later go on to become Nightwing, leaving another Robin to take his place. Of course, I'm just going by Batman TAS... and there have been others.
Dick is the main Robin most shows refer to (The 60's Batman, Batman: The Animated Series [which included Tim Drake, the techically third male Robin...as there were two female Robins--Stephanie & Cassie--in DC Comics & the second male Robin, Jason Todd, was killed & revived to become a crazy pyscho], Teen Titans, The Batman, etc.).

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
Oh good heavens, I had completely forgotten about the 60's Batman show. That was a funny thing. Now, I'm remembering when the Monkees did a take off of that, and now I have Davy saying 'Holy Frog's legs, that smarts,' going through my mind. He and Peter did 'Frogman and Ruben the tadpole' off shoot and it was hysterical. They even made up words for the fighting scenes, like 'Kretch'...whatever that means. :stick_out_tongue:

Seems even the Monkees had fun making fun of that show. But, while it was cheesy, it was fun to remember being a kid in the 70's and watching stuff like that on TV. I will never forget the words that popped onto the screen when they would have the 'fighting' scenes. Haha, it was so silly, it was funny.

I never watched 'The Munsters', but I did see season one was released here, so I may look into it if they have a sale on it. Right now paying close to 60 US$ for it is a big bite that I am not all that keen on taking.

Thanks for the memories guys...:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Of course, let's not forget about "Complete series sets" that are basically a couple disks. George of the Jungle, Captain N to name a couple...

What bugs me is This...

The show isn't even OVER yet....

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
That a part of it's appeal! I think it's great!
Yeah, the 60s Batman series was intentionally campy. In his book, "Back to the Batcave," Adam West says the cast would crack up during takes, the dialogue and situations were so incredibly ludicrous. West says part of the reason why his Batman sometimes seemed too wooden was because of the cowl and limited capabilities of the costume...but it worked for the show.

West says the only cast member who took his role seriously was Neil Hamilton (Gordon); Hamilton, an old-school Hollywood actor, saw the text as gospel, and would throw himself into the character. When he spoke a line, such as "if ever we needed Batman...we need him now!" he genuinely meant it, while everyone else poked fun at themselves.

I really wish the series wasn't tied up with legal issues. This is one show I would definitely like to own on DVD. If ever we needed Batman on DVD...we need him now!:stick_out_tongue:

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
btw: my favorite one-shot villain on the West series is the Bookworm, played by the great Roddy McDowall...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And incidentally, it is West's Batman (and Ward's Robin) that met the Mystery Inc. Gang in a "movies" special.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
What bugs me is This...

The show isn't even OVER yet....
Yes, there should be some kind of GRACE period after a show has been off the air (initial broadcast run that is, not talking about syndication) before it's released on DVD.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Yes, there should be some kind of GRACE period after a show has been off the air (initial broadcast run that is, not talking about syndication) before it's released on DVD.
But the original FG did go off the year before its revival.