FINALLY a Complete Series Set I DON'T Oppose!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well, ALL shows go through transitions like that.
No, not all shows. Fraggle Rock didn't, The Muppet Show didn't, and even Muppet Babies--despite additions to the cast--didn't.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, not all shows. Fraggle Rock didn't, The Muppet Show didn't, and even Muppet Babies--despite additions to the cast--didn't.
Okay, but trust me, JUST ABOUT every show goes through transitions like that.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Okay, but trust me, JUST ABOUT every show goes through transitions like that.
Most shows that don't have as much staying power (as much as the fans claim they do, anyway) or have been used incorrectly by management.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yes, there should be some kind of GRACE period after a show has been off the air (initial broadcast run that is, not talking about syndication) before it's released on DVD.
Feh.... you kiddin? They make the DVD's WHILE the shows are being made (same thing with movies.... It's like a theatrical run is the commercial for the DVD's!)

And Pooh is partially correct about the sales of the DVD's bringing the show back. Though, a lot of it also had to do with them buying American Dad and saying "Hey, while your at it, wanna make more Family Guy?" But that's neither here nor there.

I think a TV show should come out on DVD a YEAR after the season finale... but since so many people wind up missing the episodes when they premire, and certain shows no longer doing reruns (Family Guy is CLEARLY not one of those. If I see that episode where Peter is an illegal immagrant again, I'll go crazy. man was that a lame episode) the DVD's come out just before the season premire. The only exception is the Simpsons, since they're basically releasing them year by year, and aren't even at season 11 yet... (or are they?)

Now the Simpsons... that's gonna be an EXPENSIVE complete series set... ooooh yeah.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Now the Simpsons... that's gonna be an EXPENSIVE complete series set... ooooh yeah.
Considering the series--like a certain Street--is still going after all these years, of course a complete series set of either would be really pricey. No wonder they air the Street as various volumes and the aforementioned family-named series by season.

Now, if only "The 'E" would do the same and give us an Attitude Era-specific DVD series (starting around the time that a certain Screwjob & Austin's utterance of "3:16" occured), just as they make DVDs for specific titles, superstars, and PPV events. XD

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
You're not kidding. I wanted to get a couple of episodes from various seasons of that show and the price per season was astronomical. I am not a huge fan of that particular show, but there are episodes that I would love to have. It's sort of sad that some of the best shows have the highest price tags to the sets. (at least here.)

Of course, getting the Muppet Show or Fraggle Rock here is not cheap since it was not released over here (The first 12 episodes of the German version of Fraggle Rock was released here)...and yet I am willing to pay to get them.

Maybe that's why the Simpsons is so pricy, the fans who really love it, are willing to pay for it. How many seasons was the Simpsons on anyway, 14 or so?

Whatever the numbers, that's one long running series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering the series--like a certain Street--is still going after all these years, of course a complete series set of either would be really pricey. No wonder they air the Street as various volumes and the aforementioned family-named series by season.
A full series SS set is completely out of the question. we have almost 4200 hours (so far)... and even if you can fit 5 hours on a single disk... that's still 840 disks. And you figure 5-10 bucks per disk.... no one will ever buy that. And you realize that's about 175 DAYS worth of footage. And even if you watch one episode a day, you'll be watching it for 11 years!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
A full series SS set is completely out of the question. we have almost 4200 hours (so far)... and even if you can fit 5 hours on a single disk... that's still 840 disks. And you figure 5-10 bucks per disk.... no one will ever buy that. And you realize that's about 175 DAYS worth of footage. And even if you watch one episode a day, you'll be watching it for 11 years!
And this is why it is good to know that the Street will be on for as long as its crew can keep it going & why only the best moments are--hopefully--included in DVD volumes that are released.