FINALLY a Complete Series Set I DON'T Oppose!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Powerpuff Girls was a LONG running series by today's standards. Six seasons wasn't it? Something like that? That's much too long running for a complete series set.
I guess they feel they should just have it all at once, so they don't have to wait until they see how many sets sell before they make others. Or, as the case with most of the other sets.... release 2 or 3 sets and then have the fans sit on the edge of their seats waiting if new ones will be released, only to be told "No way, Jose!"

It's a good step, I feel... This way the fans won't be disappointed by it not being released on DVD legally, and having to buy some cheap-a-zoid bootleg collection.

This BETTER open up the door for other CN sets. I mean, a Courage or Sheep series set can't be that big... Maybe Courage is a little heafty... but Sheep was totally treated like the red haired stepchild.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sheep didn't last long at all! But then again, that show didn't stand a chance... I don't think today's kids appreciate cliff-hanger, serial humor like that of, say, Rocky and Bullwinkle, which Sheep was obviously a nod to.

Courage on the other hand... four seasons, 52 episodes, he had an average run; the main problem was the network, nor creator John Dilworth didn't feel merchandise would do well, seeing is how a pink dog wouldn't sell to a boy-dominated market. Shame, I would've KILLED for Courage merchandise! I actually stepped foot inside Subway when they had those Courage toys! I was DYING to buy a bottle of sunscreen for that little bendy Courage figurine/keychain! A friend of mine gave me a Courage magnet he found in his Pop-tart box!

But, then thing of it is, CN treated certain shows like they were uber-important (Dexter, PPG, KND, Billy and Mandy... they just milk them for more than they're worth), then shows they treated just like any other show (MOST of their shows J. Bravo, Cow and Chicken, Courage, etc), then shows they basically treat, like you said, as the red-headed stepkid (Sheep, Mike Lu and Og).

Just about the only show that's stood the test of time has been Ed, Edd n Eddy, but even that show doesn't feel quite the same anymore.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Courage on the other hand... four seasons, 52 episodes, he had an average run; the main problem was the network, nor creator John Dilworth didn't feel merchandise would do well, seeing is how a pink dog wouldn't sell to a boy-dominated market. Shame, I would've KILLED for Courage merchandise! I actually stepped foot inside Subway when they had those Courage toys! I was DYING to buy a bottle of sunscreen for that little bendy Courage figurine/keychain! A friend of mine gave me a Courage magnet he found in his Pop-tart box!
I do have the bottle of "Belly Washers" (which sounds nasty... and it had such a generic Kool-aid taste to it) and a Top I got from sending in 4 UPC's from Kelloggs (Got a Johhny Bravo and Dexter and DeeDee in that set).

But off the point, PPG was THE big hit for CN in the day.. until the movie had a stupid release date, right AFTER Lilo and Stitch... it died shortly after (A season or so... when they adopted the movie's stark graphic style into the show). Clearly, if CN doesn't think it's biggest hit ever is worth releasing on DVD in sets, then they probably would feel the same way with classic toons. To this day, even Dexter (which predated PPG's popularity) has yet to have a single "Best of" disk.

I hope it does well enough to warrant Dexter and others to be released.

And if not, I don;t see why they can't sublicense it to another company (as Viacom did to Zim) like they did with Madman entertainment in Austrailia.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh yeah! I forgot about Belly Washers...

Those things were nasty... I only drank them so I could have the bottles, and of course, I got Courage. I also got Cow too.

I've noticed though that lately, just about every new show on CN post-KND's premiere is always treated like an instant hit: Camp Lazlo, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Chowder, etc. I was p! $ $ ed off when I saw as soon as these shows were on the air, CN.com had a SLUE of merchandise for them, while other, GOOD shows barely had best of DVDs (and I'm talking about compilation DVDs like the "Yuletide Follies" I found at Sam's three years ago).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've noticed though that lately, just about every new show on CN post-KND's premiere is always treated like an instant hit: Camp Lazlo, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Chowder, etc. I was p! $ $ ed off when I saw as soon as these shows were on the air, CN.com had a SLUE of merchandise for them, while other, GOOD shows barely had best of DVDs (and I'm talking about compilation DVDs like the "Yuletide Follies" I found at Sam's three years ago).
Well, other than the fact Fosters was their last sizable hit... Lazlo (allong with Squirrel Boy and Gym Partner) were pretty big flops. Sure, they had merchandise (Murray actually objected to the Happy Meal for some reason). Chowder, I really hope becomes a Smash. They need a show to REALLY save the network, besides Ben 10 (which is pretty good, and a respectible kid's action show... but hardly cartoony). they can't keep rerunning Johnny Test and Skunk Fu forever (talk about forgettable flops)

Of Course, Fosters' merchandise was regulated soley to Hot Topic... and other than an impossible to find line from mattel (featuring Ed Edd and Eddy toys in the mix) I haven't seen anything HALF way as much as I've seen with Dexter.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Of Course, Fosters' merchandise was regulated soley to Hot Topic
I wonder why. First Zim & now Fosters regulated to Hot Topic.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wonder why. First Zim & now Fosters regulated to Hot Topic.
Older teens and adults like 'em... that's why.

Of course, the Fosters stuff must be long cleared out by now. Someone gave me a clearanced Bloo keychain.

At any rate, Let us not forget what I said earlier. much earlier.

Sometimes a complete series set is one or 2 disks... cuz there wasn't that much of a series to begin with.

The classic George of the Jungle Complete series was comprised of one volume. Captain N was one volume (as the Super mario World 15 minute episodes were part of another series), and so aren't things like Sam and Max, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (which had 6 episodes, all fitting onto one disk... the second disk was all extras), and a bunch of others I can;t remember off the toppa my head.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Older teens and adults like 'em... that's why.
Of course. But in terms of outlook, Hot Topic is--by a vast majority--considered to be this dark-on-the-outside and seemingly-even-darker-on-the-inside place with stuff that has almost an underground status (which Zim had, because creator Johnen Vasquez is himself an underground dark comic artist).

Redsonga

Reaction score
Hot Topic is a scary weird place to me ..as far as things go it has every top I have ever wanted..as far as being a place..well, it has made me feel like I don't beyond there, nine times out of ten I don't stay there long enough to buy anything ;.;

I really love Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, it reminds me so much of those old Puff The Magic Dragon cartoons I use to watch over and over :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
as far as being a place..well, it has made me feel like I don't beyond there, nine times out of ten I don't stay there long enough to buy anything ;.;
*shrugs* I don't mind the place, but then again, I like dark things at times.