FINALLY a Complete Series Set I DON'T Oppose!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
South Park is definitely much deeper than that. And maybe the swearing isn't everybody's taste, but it's part of the humor. They use it in a very specific way so it's not just gratuitious.
You don't seem like the type who would watch South Park.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
You don't seem like the type who would watch South Park.
Lol, you're not the first person to tell me! I'm also a member of the KISS Army!

Well that's my point, I don't want to miss out on potentially good work just because it's exterior is a bit weird or edgy. Now sometimes, you do have to be cautious of course. But other times you should give different shows and music and even people a chance. There just needs to be a balance.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have some scripts finished, perhaps you might like to see the pilot script?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Oh cool, well how about a summary, like a pitch? You should keep the script under wraps till it's finished. :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
South Park is definitely much deeper than that. And maybe the swearing isn't everybody's taste, but it's part of the humor. They use it in a very specific way so it's not just gratuitious.

This is what worries me, looking down on and sometimes even censoring shows simply because they have an edge, even if they are intelligent and have good messages. Just because a show doesn't have cursing, doesn't mean it's any more intelligent or moral.

I guess what I'm saying is, don't judge a book by its cover, nice or edgy. :wink:
There's judging a book by its cover, but then there is judging a book by things that are so interwoven into its text that you can't read the book without running into things you simply don't like by nature. South Park is like that to me. The message is just not strong enough, or one that I agree with enough nine times out of ten, to make me overlook the swearing. I'm not saying that it should not be on or should be censored, so much as I am saying that I don't like, want, or care to watch it, and seeing more of it isn't going to change my mind:embarrassed:.

The monsters in the muppet show aren't on the same level as swearing to me, because they aren't just put in to be edgy or make a statement, really, there is nothing offensive in them by nature, they just look scary and pretend to eat people. Besides , no one ever got their mouth washed out with soap for saying there was a monster under their bed :coy:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well of I won't say you have to watch or enjoy it of course. But I won't say you're not missing anything either. :wink: