1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

First Muppet movie TV commercial on the Disney Channel

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Psammeadboi, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

2. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

3. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

It would be cool if they could get Kermit to appear on "Take Two with Phineas & Ferb" as well. :)
  4. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Kermit with Piggy...hey Phineas & Ferb - take two!! (They're small)
  5. outerelf

outerelf Active Member

Does anyone know if the spots are on the internet anywhere? While I'd like to go see Phineas and Ferb, I'm far, far, far away from anyplace that will show it in a language I'll understand. XD
  6. Drtooth

I think some of the first ones, the older ones from earlier this year are somewhere, but I'd wager their official Disney uploads and may/may not be available worldwide.
  7. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

I don't have cable but the Phineas and Ferb movie airs on Saturday on ABC. I wonder if the commercial will be shown with it.
  8. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

9. Drtooth

Eric's getting better with Piggy...

That was pretty cute. A Little disappointed Doofenshmirtz wasn't in it, though. But they got Piggy to sing an actual Phineas and Ferb song. Nice!
  10. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I was half-expecting her to carve Kermit in the ice. I was kinda, how you say, bothered by her doing rap at the end.
  11. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I wasn't - the P&F soundtrack is a bit legendary in its own right so to have Piggy doing one of their songs (on their show) was perfect. (It's not like she was doing some gangsta song). I thought it would have been hilarious if she sang Squirrels in My Pants but that's just me.

MP & P&F are such a good match. Unlike most interviews with humans, P&F are so upbeat and positive that they totally buy into MP's diva act and approach it with total sincerity and admiration instead of with any kind of attitude or sarcasm setting up an antagonism between interviewer and host - MP thrives on this and she can eat this up and be her fabulous self.
    Duke Remington likes this.
  12. Bannanasketch

Supposedbly, this episode of Take Two is going to air during a commerical break when the Phineas and Ferb movie when it airs Saturday night on ABC. I really hope they put the Muppets commercial with it too.
  13. Drtooth

The conversation about the Phineas and Ferb segment has been moved Here
  14. Oscarfan

Hey, they just played the Gonzo one!
  15. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

And they played the Fozzie one on Thursday! :o

Has anyone seen the Animal one yet? That was my favorite. :halo:
  16. Oscarfan

They haven't played Take Two yet, but they played the official trailer during the second commercial break just now.

EDIT: And now, they're playing it!
  17. Bannanasketch

I saw the trailer play during a commercial break when the P & F movie was on last night. It wasn't a new commercial but it was still exciting to see it on TV. And then they played the 'Take Two' episode later on. Plus, the movie was great. :) Overall, I good night for television.
  18. Drtooth

I missed it last night... but then again, I was looking for an excuse to have to buy it on DVD. I mean, telefilms are always better when they have the flow of no commercial interruptions.
  19. tutter_fan

tutter_fan Well-Known Member

I wish they'd do one with the newsman! The newsman is one of my favorite characters from the muppets, and I think I've heard that he does play a role in this movie, am I right?

It'd be like "Hi! I'm the newsman from the Muppets, and you're watching Dinsey Channel! (The wand they use during most commmercials would do something funny to the newsman)
  20. Bannanasketch

Well, the commercial breaks were a good thing for this because there was a preview for the P&F live show tour, The Muppets trailer, and Take Two with Miss Piggy.